The Student thread

annagilda

You pair of brain boxes! Hope your doing alright. :-)

I'm back on Placement! Whoo hooooo! I've got to take it easy, but at least I'm back. I'll have to make up some time in the summer, but that's ok.

Passed my exams I had a few weeks back too. :-) Nothing like 100% though!!!! X

A pass is a pass! No one asks if it was a 'high' pass or not. :-D

I literally just scrapped a pass in my biology exam, ecstatic as I was convinced I failed!

Unfortunately we seen to have someone on our course who needs to spend more time doing assignments (and also doing them on her own rather then getting the rest of the class to all chip in and help her) and less time down the gym, going on dates and going out all the time then whinging and requesting 'extenuating circumstances' for work she couldn't be bothered to do.

Urgh I am furious.

No kids, no job, just 2 1/2 days at uni and she couldn't manage to do an assignment which we were given 5 months before hand in date!

I have 3 kids, 2 failed house sales, our only cars engine decided to die, stressful times between me and hubby, not knowing how we were going to feed the kids because we were paying for 2 houses. And she complains about having a 'low mood'.

Makes a complete mockery if they let her get away with it.

Hope they refuse.

Makes me more determined and proud that my marks are literally all my bloody hard work.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately we seen to have someone on our course who needs to spend more time doing assignments (and also doing them on her own rather then getting the rest of the class to all chip in and help her) and less time down the gym, going on dates and going out all the time then whinging and requesting 'extenuating circumstances' for work she couldn't be bothered to do.

Urgh I am furious.

No kids, no job, just 2 1/2 days at uni and she couldn't manage to do an assignment which we were given 5 months before hand in date!

I have 3 kids, 2 failed house sales, our only cars engine decided to die, stressful times between me and hubby, not knowing how we were going to feed the kids because we were paying for 2 houses. And she complains about having a 'low mood'.

Makes a complete mockery if they let her get away with it.

Hope they refuse.

Makes me more determined and proud that my marks are literally all my bloody hard work.

We have one of those too.

Repeatedly asking things like oooooh do we have an exam today?

Why are you revising so much, have I missed something (mock exam 2 weeks ago), what assignment, when's it due? AND I hate to say it but the terminally I'll family member story is getting tired now... it just isn't true! (far too many inconsistencies together with the family member still being alive and kicking despite the diagnosis)

Grrrrrrr!

Annoying thing is she's become a good friend, it's sooooo frustrating!

Thank god I'm not alone in my thinking, sometimes I think I'm being a bitch and moaning just because I can (one of the other girls on the course is peed off too). She failed biology but gushed about 'her' fantastic mark in maths assignment. Thing is I think she will prob fail the maths exams (we have 2 to do) so surely they will wonder how she can get great marks in assignments, but terrible in exams when there is no one to help.

We have 3 or 4 assignments due in within the next 4 weeks (got one given out before Xmas holls so ages ago), I can see more 'extenuating circumstances' coming her way!

Oh I know, there are sometimes people who get on my nerves as well, but hey, it only matters what we do and we know we have put the work in, but I can see where you are coming from.

I am loving being back on placement! Only another week and a half to go, then 2 assignments and a couple of exams, interspersed with a trip to Ireland! (YAYAYAYYYYAY!!!!) Can't wait to see the fam. I'm absolutely shattered, but so pleased to be back on track with my degree. It was seriously scary when I thought I might have to miss too much and repeat the year.

Hope you are all doing well and still loving your course! :-) Xx

Ah fab! Enjoy your trip. When is your next placement after this one ends?

Well I went and looked at another uni campus yesterday (had a few issues with this campus) and it was amazing! It's 1 1/2 hrs by train, currently I'm only 5 mins away by car.

The manager is so enthusiastic and passionate about the course, they appear to have more funding as they have specific biology labs, chem labs and physics labs (we do maths in the biology lab and chem in a classroom!).

They do more trips out for experience and lots of guest speakers in.

The timetable is well thought out.

One of the things holding me back was that for once in my life I am doing ok academically and didn't want to do anything to jeopardise that! Then I only just scraped a pass in an exam I though I was going to get 70ish% on.

Gutted. One less thing keeping me there now.

I got 100% for my mock anatomy exam last week, which was unexpected, so lets see what the real exam brings next week!!

Finally got our results back from the 'real' exam last week!

I got 92% so I have passed this module regardless of the result in my next exam :)

In the words of forrest gump, that's one less thing to worry about!

• 1 month later...

Passed another module with 85% (which I'm disappointed and pleased with at the same time lol).

Then i have 2 exams, 1 more practical exam and my placement (and reflective placement log) before my first year is over.

Repeating your first year doesn't sound great but might set you up for a comfortable 2nd yr xx

Passed another module with 85% (which I'm disappointed and pleased with at the same time lol).

Then i have 2 exams, 1 more practical exam and my placement (and reflective placement log) before my first year is over.

Repeating your first year doesn't sound great but might set you up for a comfortable 2nd yr xx

85% is brilliant! Not long to go till you can relax for a bit. :-)

Yes this is very true, I'm going to be doing similar stuff in yr 1 so *fingers crossed* I'll have a good first yr too. :-)

That's fantastic news shoes! Well done, it's nearly done hey! Tapperz, that sucks about having to do 1st year again, BUT if its at a Uni that is better for you then it will be worth it. Also; it will totally set you up for a nice year. It'll fly by too!

I'm almost done for this year, just 6 weeks left, 2 assignments and 1 exam to go! I've passed everything so far, so I'm pretty chuffed at the moment. We'll see how I go with these last 2 modules. Can't believe I'm almost in my final year! Holy cow!!!!

I'm also off to Australia for a bit during the summer! (Can't frickin wait!)

Hope you're all well and still loving your course.

Anna. X

That's fantastic news shoes! Well done, it's nearly done hey! Tapperz, that sucks about having to do 1st year again, BUT if its at a Uni that is better for you then it will be worth it. Also; it will totally set you up for a nice year. It'll fly by too!

I'm almost done for this year, just 6 weeks left, 2 assignments and 1 exam to go! I've passed everything so far, so I'm pretty chuffed at the moment. We'll see how I go with these last 2 modules. Can't believe I'm almost in my final year! Holy cow!!!!

I'm also off to Australia for a bit during the summer! (Can't frickin wait!)

Hope you're all well and still loving your course.

Anna. X

Not much left to do then, it's a great feeling isn't it!

And off to Oz!? How big is your suitcase? Can it fit an adult human in?? ;-)

Good luck with your assignments/exam. Sounds like you won't have any problems though.

I'm applying to my local mp/mp for education to get my fees wiped/reduced as the manager has messed up yet again. Don't see why I should be £11k in debt for a wasted year.

Hi, my name is Hayley. I'm 27 and and undergraduate at portsmouth uni. Studying English Language and Literature.

hoping to move out to adelaide once I have my degree to study postgraduate for Master of Teaching!

New to this forum and just trying to gather as much information as possible :)

Congratulations Tapperz!

I hope everyone is enjoying coming to the end of another educational year...

I have 1 more assignment, a dissertation and a 12 week placement and then I am all done. How scary is that?

I cant believe how quick the 3rd year has gone. To any of you that are at the start of your courses don't feel like it is ages away, the time flies when you are having fun.

Are you enjoying it? How's the uni?

I love it! The uni is really good. I have 2 boys as well so they have been really flexible!

struggling with confirming if my degree will be acceptable in Australia. Have contacted the university and SATAC and they are really unhelpful!

:arghh:

I think my friend attended Portsmouth to do a teaching qualification. We'll, she lived in Portsmouth and never seemed to travel far! She did move away but can't wait to get back there again.

Hayley, have you put a new thread on the forum about the qualification query? It's obviously not a proper confirmation but someone may have been the the same or similar boat and can help you while you're waiting for official confirmation.

@jac2011 I can tell you I'm soooooo looking forward to the summer holidays! Can't wait to get stuck in to 'normal' books again!

Guest guest30085
Congratulations Tapperz!

I hope everyone is enjoying coming to the end of another educational year...

I have 1 more assignment, a dissertation and a 12 week placement and then I am all done. How scary is that?

I cant believe how quick the 3rd year has gone. To any of you that are at the start of your courses don't feel like it is ages away, the time flies when you are having fun.

Hey Jac

How many words is your dissertation supposed to be? And have you been able to start on it already (I have no idea with nursing) as it seems like a lot to do alongside a 12 week placement all before September. Poor you :(. Keep motivated nearly there now x

Hi adonna, its only 9000 words so not as bad as some but it is due in at the beginning of June and I am still working on an assignment that has to be handed in next Monday! Its bleeding hard with 3 children.

Plus I went for an interview today so spent yesterday preparing and being nervous (I got the job) and hten I have the in laws coming to stay from tomorrow till Sunday as the hubby couldn't say no! So no idea when this work will be happening!

At least I have a job now so I really must get on with the uni work lol...

haha yes, it is an odd thing to say... It used to be 15000! They reduced it a year or two ago! However, I am still way behind. Better get on with my other assignment tomorrow... I cannot wait till its just on the job training!