Pet Carriers - who to use????

lynnmarsh52

Can anyone recommend a good pet carrier? I couldn't be without Ralph, our cat:cry:

I don't seem to have a lot of luck searching on the net, so I thought I'd be better off asking you lot out there who you have/or will be using to get your cats/dogs over to Oz!

Thanx :wubclub:

Lynn(37), Marsh(34), Tate(9), Ralph(18 month old ragdoll cat!)

Guest RJECSAUNDERS

Hello there!

We have been looking to and got a few numbers from this site - we have found the nicest sounding is Golden Arrows - they do not have a web site but their phone number is 01588 680240. The chap on the phone will send out an information leaflet and then you can return it with your pets details and he will send through a quote. Obviously, we haven't actually used them yet (heres hoping) but they did get a lot of good feed back on PIO. I also liked the fact that he said that they could sort everything, including picking our dog up from my mums and taking her to the airport - we are planning to go out first while she holidays with my mum so we can get sorted before her arrival.

Hiya

We used PetAirUk. They are based in Dorset and we had great service from them.

I did all the paperwork needed as this cut down on the costs slightly.

I arranged for them to pick up my dog from my friends house as she looked after him for a fortnight after we left the UK.

They're a really friendly team of people and will dot all the i's and cross all the t's if you're not comfortable doing your own paperwork.

Regards

Debs x x

Hi Lynn,

We used a company called Pets on the Move. It cost us £1,300 for our cat Becky, they did all the paper work, booked her place in quarentine, took her to the vet for her fitness to fly certificate and also took her to Manchester Airport. They were excellent and well worth the money.

One word of advise - Byford quarentine station in WA isn't very big and as a result, does get booked up very quickly, when we first made enquiries in the August the first available date was late December, so worth thinking ahead.

Ali

:wubclub:Thanx for the replies guys! Will check all of them out for quotes.

Bit nervous 'cos my hubby says that if it is going to be more than £1000, then the cat has to stay here:nah:

That's not really an option - perhaps we could leave him behind instead! He's always wanted a dog, and I said that we could get one once we were settled in Oz, and I know that if he had a dog now, there's no way he would be leaving it behind!!

Thanx again all :wubclub:

Lynn xx

Guest Squeaky Kleen

Hi Guys,

Sorry for Nickin' in, but does anyone know how long a Cat needs to stay in Quarantine in U.K/W.A?

Martin.

Hi All,

I am flying over my 2 cavalier king charles spaniels and right now as we speak they are in golden arrow. they will be flying here to melbourne tomorrow.

I can do nothing but say how great they have been with us and when we got prices they were just as good as all the others.

I am not sure about prices for cats but we have paid about £3,800 in total for our boys,

But they are part of the family and i could no way have re-homed them.

A pet is for life is my motto

Gail

Guest shaznrog@mac.com

Hi i do believe that you can travel with your cat as excess baggage check out BA cargo website it is a hell of a lot cheaper than going through a pet travel agency mind i am nopt 100% but it is worth checking out !!!

Archived