UK Probation Officers wanted in Oz?

Guest dnav-koala78

Guest dnav-koala78

Hi Guys,

I'm just new to this forum so hoping I'm posting this in the right place.

My hubby and I are seriously considering emmigrating to Australia; we have an 8 month old daughter and are hoping for a better lifestyle than the UK can offer. My husband is a hospital doctor in Transplant Surgery and hoping to get a fellowship out there. I'm a probation officer and have searched what feels like far and wide for info on UK probation officers working in Australia but have had little success. I don't think my husband will have too much trouble getting a job out there as our understanding is that hospital doctors are a wanted occupation but what about Probation Officers? Does anyone know how sought after they are? What areas are wanting them? And any ideas on what the salary out there is like? If anyone has any info at all I'd be really grateful. :spinny:

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help!!

Dnav

Guest dwaldron

Hello I have researched this area because I tried to become a probation officer in the UK but they were not interested in my application! The probation service here seems to be more integrated with the prison system and is handled by each states department of justice so when job hunting you need to look at each state. When I last looked there didn't seem to be much demand, I guess that is a good thing???

• 4 weeks later...
Guest fletcheroo

Hi,

If you go to western Oz corrections website there's information on International recruitment. Prison Officers and Probation officers are now in demand in western Oz, you can email an expression of interest form to receive information witht regard to the recruitment drive being planned for later on this year.

International Recruitment

Hope this helps

• 4 years later...
Hi Guys,

I'm just new to this forum so hoping I'm posting this in the right place.

My hubby and I are seriously considering emmigrating to Australia; we have an 8 month old daughter and are hoping for a better lifestyle than the UK can offer. My husband is a hospital doctor in Transplant Surgery and hoping to get a fellowship out there. I'm a probation officer and have searched what feels like far and wide for info on UK probation officers working in Australia but have had little success. I don't think my husband will have too much trouble getting a job out there as our understanding is that hospital doctors are a wanted occupation but what about Probation Officers? Does anyone know how sought after they are? What areas are wanting them? And any ideas on what the salary out there is like? If anyone has any info at all I'd be really grateful. :spinny:

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help!!

Dnav

Hi there, I know this was a few years back now but just interested if you ever had any luck in getting a PO job in Oz and where? Thanks

Archived