Yet another weather thread..so chilly in Perth

HappyHeart

All I can say is thank goodness July is nearly over, the coldest month of the year will soon be done. I am really feeling it this year, hate not being warm. Went to Kmart to pick up a couple of extra heaters for the bedroom but sold out!!

Oh well normal service will soon be resumed, feels like it's been cold for weeks though.....

Thats what I said to a new work colleague, just arrived from the UK, got into work the other day and said it was 'bone cold' she just laughed at me! Its bloody freezing in the house. Cannot wait for that glorious day when you feel warm air blowing in through the open door and you know Spring is back....Im not much for Winter in Perth tbh, the days are usually nice when its 20 but soon as you get below 17...brrrr feels like 5 degrees.

Best time of year and hardly cold outside a few hours after sun fall and at day break. Never needed nor desired heating of any sort. Just wear something warmer if feel the cold.

The days are near perfect once the sun comes out. Hopefully another month to go and still three and a half to four months before the heat begins to bite ...

I honestly would swop a few days for the heat we have been having the last couple of months..it is easier to get warm, thankfully the temps are dropping a bit next week which is very welcome news.....it has not been nice with these high temps the last few weeks and trying to sleep at night has been a bugga.

Not had any heaters on at all yet! I'm tuffing it out haha. Just lots of warm sweaters and trackies. I think we are a bit warmer down here at night though not sure why. Cooler in summer though which is bizarre. Anyway that said still counting down the days until the end of winter, I'm definitely a warmer weather person!

Guest JK2510

This is our 3rd winter and tbh it feels like it gets worse each year. I'm hoping August in wet so it won't feel so cold

This is our 3rd winter and tbh it feels like it gets worse each year. I'm hoping August in wet so it won't feel so cold

Foe some strange reason it just feels colder in the bones in Perth than even last Xmas here.....the cold just seems to chill you more...weird.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Not had any heaters on at all yet! I'm tuffing it out haha. Just lots of warm sweaters and trackies. I think we are a bit warmer down here at night though not sure why. Cooler in summer though which is bizarre. Anyway that said still counting down the days until the end of winter, I'm definitely a warmer weather person!

Sounds like our UK summer, lol

The last two summers we had before this one had average temps below 15 degrees, with the odd day of nice hot sunny weather, does this sound a bit like a Perth winter?

I skyped the wife earlier and she was on the sofa in a big jumper, blanket over her and gloves on!

Yeah there is a chill in the air today.. My apartment was freezing this morning... Just walked out to the shop there and it didn't feel too bad.. Another 6 weeks and the spring will have arrived.. Can't wait!!

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Yeah there is a chill in the air today.. My apartment was freezing this morning... Just walked out to the shop there and it didn't feel too bad.. Another 6 weeks and the spring will have arrived.. Can't wait!!

How long does it last mate, here in the UK last year winter carried on in to Spring, we had about almost 8 months of crappy or horrible and cold/freezing weather in a row.

Really? I'm sat outside on my balcony in Perth (early evening) in a t shirt and still plenty warm. Can't understand seeing people round here in scarves etc. if this is the worst that winter has to throw at us then I've got no concerns.

I should add the disclaimer that I'm from Newcastle...

How long does it last mate, here in the UK last year winter carried on in to Spring, we had about almost 8 months of crappy or horrible and cold/freezing weather in a row.

Not too long.. The winters are pretty easy going.. Cold during the night and early morning but heats up to a decent temperature throughout the day..

Its nice if youre actually moving and in the sun..can feel warm. I had to take a layer off at the beach..but in the shade or when the sun goes behind a cloud, cold. In the house feels quite dreadful but all houses are different, Ive been in some that are not bad without heat. I thought ours would be ok as its not open plan but it's very cold. I go outside A LOT to catch the sun and warm up. It doesnt last long Jim, but you do feel it. I think the extreme variation in temp is the thing...from 1 degree to 18....in one day...

Stacy dont forget most of the year in Perth at least the weather is just lovely, not too hot or too cold, no heating or cooling required for at least 6 months of the year.

I used to love daytime winter in Perth, but god, the nights were cold! We had an open fire which helped a bit, but an electric blanket and warm socks were essential in our house! We had a couple of heaters we moved around from room to room. I used to do the ironing to warm up, things were that bad! It was definitely colder inside than out.

Archived