Anyone done IELTS recently?

Kezzles

Ahh cool, yeah I live in Pembrokeshire not far from Swansea.

Got the IELTS in aberystwyth. I'm on SA sponsorship list as power plant operator but my apprenticeship and old job was in oil and gas operations and thats on WA list. So gotta wait and see what will happen with the skills assessment.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

How are you? Got my results today. But it seems that now I find myself in somewhat of a situation. Folks, I want to apply for WA State Sponsorship as I intend to reside in Perth. I have already done EA assessment. Here is my band score

Listening: 8.0

Reading: 9.0

Writing: 8.0

Speaking: 7.5

Overall: 8.0

As per my calculations, I have a total of 60 points

Education (Bachelor of engineering 4 year degree) = 15 points

Age (25 next week) = 30 points

IELTS = 10 points

SS = 5 points

Now my query is that what are the chances of getting an invite with 60 points? Should I apply for a remark in speaking and hope to get 8 across the board, making my score to be of 70 points?

I will be applying as a civil engineer under anzsco code 233211. Your help is much appreciated.

Hi guys,

How are you? Got my results today. But it seems that now I find myself in somewhat of a situation. Folks, I want to apply for WA State Sponsorship as I intend to reside in Perth. I have already done EA assessment. Here is my band score

Listening: 8.0

Reading: 9.0

Writing: 8.0

Speaking: 7.5

Overall: 8.0

As per my calculations, I have a total of 60 points

Education (Bachelor of engineering 4 year degree) = 15 points

Age (25 next week) = 30 points

IELTS = 10 points

SS = 5 points

Now my query is that what are the chances of getting an invite with 60 points? Should I apply for a remark in speaking and hope to get 8 across the board, making my score to be of 70 points?

I will be applying as a civil engineer under anzsco code 233211. Your help is much appreciated.

Hey if you are going for a 190 then it doesn't matter if you just have 60 it's another visa category that needs more points for an invite! Well done!

Hey all

how did you get on?

Got my results L7.5 R8.5 W8.5 S9 overall 8.5

I really wanted 8 in listening so I didn't have to faff about trying to prove my past 8 years experience (previous HR dept won't give reference cos I left more than 12 months ago) will a reference from an old manager satisfy diac to prove I worked in that profession? He still works there so it will be on official paper.

Thx hope you all got what you need!

No results yet for me. On my local site it states the results will be available after 14.00 local time :(.

Strange how some areas are different? Carmel on this thread hasn't got hers yet she's in Ireland! Good luck let me know how you get on, fingers crossed!

Thanks for the link, Debs, still no results for me. I will need to keep myself occupied for the next 3 hours, the waiting is killing me.

HI Alnaibii - I'm in Ireland and still waiting for my Dublin results!! I checked both those sites and still nothing -- it's a nightare isn't it -- was just debating whether to clean the house from top to bottom to keep myself occupied!!!

Well, I just got mine Listening:8.0 Reading:8.5 Writing:8.0 Speaking:6.5 - Overall:8.0. I need to resit :(

Agh no Alnaibii!!! You did so well with the others!! Did you find the speaking hard on the day?? You could ask for a re-mark on the speaking if you felt it went well?? Carmel

Well, it is not so unexpected, I've struggled a little bit. I am not a big chatter. I was hoping for a 7, and probably will ask for re-mark and hope for 0.5 point more. Or re-sit, and use the time to improve my speaking. Or both :)

Agh good luck hope you do manage to get it remarked to a 7 would save you having to re-sit it!! Best wishes Carmel

Well, I just got mine Listening:8.0 Reading:8.5 Writing:8.0 Speaking:6.5 - Overall:8.0. I need to resit :(

oh noooo! sorry you didnt get the mark you needed. If you cant face the test again go for a remark as its only 0.5 marks you could strike lucky?

Yes, I am thinking to impose English as a compulsory House Language for the next few months :biggrin:. I realized I read and write a lot of emails, therefore the very nice grades on the other sections, but my British boss is week in, week out, so I do not get to chat a lot with him. When I asked him for advice on the exam, he told me exactly that, to improve my :chatterbox:.

Thank you all.