register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest gemma87

medicals referred to moc

Guest gemma87

Hi, my daughters medical has been referred to moc, i am aware there is a back log but does anybody have any idea of how long it is??? we are gutted it has really messed us up for getting to oz before christmas and selling the house while the market has picked up :arghh:

any help on this would be great

thanks in advance

gemma

My CO told me it was running at around 3 months for referred medicals.

Guest gemma87
My CO told me it was running at around 3 months for referred medicals.

just our luck :(

Hi,

My son had a B grade medical (so automatic referral) it was uploaded on the 22nd June, but we got our visa grant through on wednesday. I have no idea how, but I am not questioning it, we had been told the wait on referrals was 3 to 4 months, I guess we were just lucky, but you never know you might be too! (his was referred for Asthma).

Will keep fingers crossed that you can skip through the system like we did.

IELTS 5th Jan 13 - band 9, Vetassess submitted 31st Jan, granted 10th May, WA SS in 13th May granted 7th June, Visa 190 lodged 10/06 Meds done 22/06 uploaded 29/06 PCC uploaded 8th July VISA GRANT 17th July 2013 :biggrin:

Hi,

My son had a B grade medical (so automatic referral) it was uploaded on the 22nd June, but we got our visa grant through on wednesday. I have no idea how, but I am not questioning it, we had been told the wait on referrals was 3 to 4 months, I guess we were just lucky, but you never know you might be too! (his was referred for Asthma).

It probably was not referred then, asthma is pretty minor. I am sure ours were not referred for asthma.

Referred medicals are taking 3 months.

Guest gemma87
Hi,

did you CO tell you it had been referred?? ours emailed us yesterday. can i ask (if you dont mind) what your sons medical condition it. my daughter has very mild cerebral palsy. it so mild you can hardly tell and took 2 1/2 year to come to diagnose for me perusing with the docs. she can do everything herself as others her age and is excelling in maths and literacy at school. she is 5 by the way. Do u think it will effect our case?? hope it doesnt prolong too long. really wanna be there before christmas as were not taking alot with us and dont want the kids to miss out as they are so young also its the new school year.

thanks x

I never got a case officer, Rupert you may be right about not being referred, but I was told that all B grade medicals were automatically sent off, I have no idea!

Gemma, my son (6 years old) has Asthma, I agree with Rupert that as it is a minor condition it shouldn't be referred (although he has been hospitalised a few times because of it when he was younger), but as I said my agent told me that the B grade triggered it being sent off regardless of the reason. Sorry, I don't have a clue what your outcome will be, I am lead to believe that they are pretty reasonable and it is all about the long term costs to the state, so if your daughter is only mildly affected and is doing well I am sure that will go in your favour.

I really feel for you and will keep my fingers crossed for you, hang on in there its a bumpy ride but I am sure it will be worth it in the end.

IELTS 5th Jan 13 - band 9, Vetassess submitted 31st Jan, granted 10th May, WA SS in 13th May granted 7th June, Visa 190 lodged 10/06 Meds done 22/06 uploaded 29/06 PCC uploaded 8th July VISA GRANT 17th July 2013 :biggrin:

Guest gemma87

weston clan, thank you we will just have to wait and see.