Carpentry Trade Assessment Skype Interview Questions

flatpack

Hi

I received an email this morning informing me that I'd passed the first part of the assessment and asked if I could be in either London, Guildford or North Glasgow at 9am next Monday.

I live in Yorkshire and it roughly a 4hr drive to any of them places, I understand it's for a Skype interview.

I have a friend who managed to get his Skype interview done at home, he's very good at arguing his case! Has anyone else managed this? Does anyone know the exact location of the 3 sites so I can work out which will be best for me if I have to go?

Cheers

Yeah it's definitely a Skype interview, if I fail it then I will have to do the practical test. Where abouts in London did he go to?

As an aside why didn't he do his practical in Preston? Just noticed your from Halifax, you're trying to escape the *@it hole as well eh?

Flatpack my OH Is an air con refrigeration engineer & we thought as well that it would be in Preston but we had to go to London.....what joy that was !! There where about 40 others there from different trades on the same day. Yep your correct we are escaping from Yorkshire to Adelaide soon !!!!!!! Where you off to?

Hi Flatpack, i done the interview in London (Kent) make sure you do you're homework its not that easy, they will ask you questions on every module for a carpenter thats on their website....

You guessing you're a kitchen fitter??? If you want any info let me know.

Cheers Chris.

Hi Gumster

We're off to sunny Perth, been all over Oz and liked there the most plus I have 2 sisters there so it'll make the transition so much easier.

Chris, I'm a qualified Carpenter and Joiner and have done just about everything in the trade except for formwork, for the last couple of years I've been doing 1st and 2nd fix on extensions. Lots of traditional roof work.

I'm confident that I'll get through ok after talking to a couple of mates that have already done it but if not I'll just do the practical.

• 7 months later...

Hi!

Just wondering if you can give me any info on what the interview was like? What type of questions they asked, how you answered? etc We have just found out today that we have passed the 1st stage so now have to pay to do either the technical or practical...my OH would prefer the practical but i cant seem to find any dates of when the next ones are, I've emailled Vetassess so hopefully will get back to me soon. Just dont want to be waiting months for the practical...

Thanks for any help you can give!

Nat