Nursing in Perth.

travelchic

Hi all. Can any nurses in Perth/WA give me a idea of the job situation there. Keep reading about people struggling for jobs In Perth and wondered if the situation is the same for nurses. I know of the new hospitals being extended/built there but am open to work anywhere really, not just hospitals. I am having a little wobble I think lol.

Debs

My wifes a Nurse and a qualified Health Visitor and midwife. She has had several different jobs and seemed to be able to change when she wanted to. She worked a long time on shifts and the agency when we first came to get on our feet but after that she wanted to get off shift work.

She managed to get a job in the Child development section in Perth and moved onto day work with a car thrown in sometimes. After that she fancied part time and managed to get work in a clinic and moved to 4 days one week 3 the next. Seems to be jobs out there in most areas if you are flexible and knowledgeable.

Good luck, no wobbles now, it will be exciting.

There was an article on the news the other night about 5 job roles to be in to see a boom over the next 5 years and health care featured prominently. I work for a health care org and they are always recruiting nurses, they actively recruit abroad as they can't get enough staff here.

There was an article on the news the other night about 5 job roles to be in to see a boom over the next 5 years and health care featured prominently. I work for a health care org and they are always recruiting nurses, they actively recruit abroad as they can't get enough staff here.

Hope this is case :)