Good schools in the Cheltenham/Mentone/Mordialoc Area - Help - Time running out

Guest lt13624

Guest lt13624

Hi,

We are planning on moving to around the Cheltenham/Mentone/Mordialoc area in November 2013. We are looking for good schools around that area, state rather than private. We have two girls aged 13 and 9. Would anyone mind sharing their experiences?

We are worried that we may not find anywhere at this short notice. Thank you.

If you are arriving in November, schools close just before Christmas for the long summer holiday and do not open again until February. So guess you could use the few weeks on arrival to visit a few schools before the end of the year.

Mentone Girls' Secondary College is a good government school, though it is zoned, though you can. contact the school and get a map of their zone. Loads of girls live way out of the zone, so I think a lot of fake/temporary addresses are used. Rather like the UK, primary schools are pretty good in these areas, but I can't comment in detail.

Mentone Girls' Secondary College is a good government school, though it is zoned, though you can. contact the school and get a map of their zone. Loads of girls live way out of the zone, so I think a lot of fake/temporary addresses are used. Rather like the UK, primary schools are pretty good in these areas, but I can't comment in detail.

I think that the highly desired schools have got the better of this now and you have to show the rate notice or a lease to prove that you live in the zone. I know with Frankston my son's friend moved into the zone and houses in the zone tend to be more expensive.

Hi,

We are planning on moving to around the Cheltenham/Mentone/Mordialoc area in November 2013. We are looking for good schools around that area, state rather than private. We have two girls aged 13 and 9. Would anyone mind sharing their experiences?

We are worried that we may not find anywhere at this short notice. Thank you.

We live in Mordialloc. Around us the best primary school is probably Parkdale primary and the best secondary Mentone Girls Secondary College. But most of the schools are pretty good. Why do you say "time running out"? You will get into whatever school you want when you arrive unless you live out of zone, and most schools around here are not zoned.

BB

Hi,

I have two girls, my 13yo goes to Mentone Girls Secondary College. She started in Jan. She was 12 when she started and should have been in year seven but went straight into year eight.

Her enrolment was straight forward and completed while we were still in the UK as much as it could be. Many emails and calls with the school staff but I wanted the reassurance of knowing her enrolment into a good school was underway. I manage to complete a lot of the paperwork from the UK Oh, I had heard about the school from friends and then started my own research. When we arrived in Nov we visited the school, copies of passport were taken and that was it.

We needed proof of address and references which we provided twice _ short-term accomodation details and longer-term rental.