help !!!! How to watch sky sports in Australia ??

Ramsay

Hi

With the start of the new football (refusing to call it soccer) season about to start, I'm wondering if anyone can help me with the following...

I can theoretically log onto my parents sky go in the UK, to which they have the full sky sports package and therefore I would be able to watch it on my computer. The only snag is as im sure people have read before is that my computer knows where i am in the world and therefore refuses to let me do this.

Ive tried using the free section on hidemyass to see if it will work and it just wont load. Can anyone help me to resolve this issue. Any suggestions greatly recieved. many thanks in advance :huh:

Hey

Two options as I understand it (I do not know the legality of either and in no way condone illegal use of copyrighted or region protected media, so beware):

1) pay for a VPN service which makes it look like you are in UK (or US etc). (eg CactusVPN) Slower and less secure than option (2)....

2) pay for a DNS redirection service - (eg Unblockus or SmartDNS). quicker and more efficient that option (1).

I cannot vouch for the security of either option.

Many people use these to watch iPlayer and other non Oz based services (eg Hulu, ITV On Demand, Sky, Netflix US, etc).

I understand each option will require a payment of around $60 US per year (give or take).

I hope that helps in some way.

Adz

Hi

With the start of the new football (refusing to call it soccer) season about to start, I'm wondering if anyone can help me with the following...

I can theoretically log onto my parents sky go in the UK, to which they have the full sky sports package and therefore I would be able to watch it on my computer. The only snag is as im sure people have read before is that my computer knows where i am in the world and therefore refuses to let me do this.

Ive tried using the free section on hidemyass to see if it will work and it just wont load. Can anyone help me to resolve this issue. Any suggestions greatly recieved. many thanks in advance :huh:

Hi

Hi Ramsay

I'm not sure how you would go about doing that, but we have foxtel and watch the football on Fox Sports, obviously you have to pay for this.

Or you can download First Row Sports on your computer and you can stream the games from there. Its free to download http://www.firstrow1.eu

Its takes awhile to find a link that doesn't have many ads, so you just need to be patient with it.

Hope that sorta helps :)

Thanks for your input so far. I have austel and compared to sky's coverage of sports I don't particularly like it so although the cost doesn't bother me, I'd much prefer to turn my computer on and watch sky sports news or sky sports 1 etc...plus the amount of commercial breaks that is on Australia's coverage of the f1 is truly shocking!

Ozdreamseekers....have you tried either one of your suggestions?

Just a quick update...

after going through the website unblockus and using there free trial i have achieved what i set out to. What a fantastic suggestion. I have logged onto my parents sky go at home and thus i can watch all the channels that they have on their package. Not only live tv but tv on demand aswel. This also means i can watch bbc iplayer , 4od etc etc which in turn means i can also watch match of the day!!!

thanks for your help

Well done Ramsay,

Glad I could be of service.

Apparently the US Netflix subscription is available (US version has a bigger selection), that's what we aim to do when we arrive.

Cheaper than Foxtel - By a country mile.

Have fun with Match of the Day.

I understand that it is also possible to view some Scandinavian Channels, which show live Premiership and Championship games. Its just something I heard, cant be more specific.

Given that I support Blackburn Rovers, some would say football isn't my passion anyway ..... :)

Just a quick update...

after going through the website unblockus and using there free trial i have achieved what i set out to. What a fantastic suggestion. I have logged onto my parents sky go at home and thus i can watch all the channels that they have on their package. Not only live tv but tv on demand aswel. This also means i can watch bbc iplayer , 4od etc etc which in turn means i can also watch match of the day!!!

thanks for your help

Hi

If they have a Sky subscription already, look at getting them a Slingbox.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slingbox

I think a few of the free football sites will disappear this year.

• 1 year later...
Hi

using a dns redirector will work , but things like now tv and skytv use dns lookup to check where the calls are coming from, as most dns redirectors dont handle this you need to trick the system somewhat

a good one (not free, but certainly not expensive) is unotelly.com it will work exactly as you want

but you do need good internet speeds for this to work well

PM me if you want more info

Hi

Hi - when we over in Australia on holiday last year I used Express VPN and picked a UK area to log in from (Pay $US12 per month or there is a yearly fee that is cheaper if using it al the time) and was able to log in to our sky go account and watched anything that was available to watch in the UK. It also worked in Dubai but it does depend on how good your broadband connection is.

Hi Ramsay

I'm not sure how you would go about doing that, but we have foxtel and watch the football on Fox Sports, obviously you have to pay for this.

Or you can download First Row Sports on your computer and you can stream the games from there. Its free to download http://www.firstrow1.eu

Its takes awhile to find a link that doesn't have many ads, so you just need to be patient with it.

Hope that sorta helps :)

you do realise every single game is on Fox Sports/Austar, as opposed to 2-3 a week on Sky?