register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

jodznsez

Suburb questions for the experts!

Hi all, ain't been on here for ages!..

In the middle of another huge decision - bit of background. (if you dont want/need background skip to paragraph 3)

I'm a londoner, the misses is a kiwi (half japanese) from Auckland.

We moved to Sydney 2 years ago, we rented a ****-hole house in Stanmore (another story) and we moved to Melbourne 5 months later as she was offered a dream job down here.

So, I got a job here in Melbourne on arrival , the job was crap, i knew it was crap and the pay was crap - so took as stop gap. 18months later and a year of solid job hunting and applying with a few interviews sprinkled in, I've got nothing else. I've since left that job and have been jobless for 3 months...

now to stop boring you -

basically.. Misses loves Melbourne lifestyle. and rent prices - But career wise for me - Sydney is amazing, and as it's nearing us trying for a baby, my career is taking centre stage.

I'm looking for suburbs in Sydney that have similar modern-ish housing to the links below ... that are well connected to the train without being so close that you hear each train go by, AND that aren't in the famous sydney flight paths we all love. and of course are under $700 a dam week..

Places kind of like these - I'm not saying just like these, but semi-modern with no other houses attached ...

http://www.domain.com.au/Property/For-Rent/House/VIC/Malvern-East/?adid=8389697

http://www.domain.com.au/Property/For-Rent/House/VIC/Glen-Waverley/?adid=6659251

I've been looking around Epping/Beacroft/The Hills districts.... am I missing somewhere!?!?

Thanks

Epping, Beecroft tend to be more expensive than the Hills but have the advantage of train travel, whereas the Hills only has an express bus to the City. I believe it is very quick.

Epping, Beecroft tend to be more expensive than the Hills but have the advantage of train travel, whereas the Hills only has an express bus to the City. I believe it is very quick.

thanks - interesting, express bus.. to be honest we were both aiming, if we did move, to work in the hills/west anyway. The train aspect was more for social/personal use... but a short drive to the station is never a problem on non=work days as we have to do that here in Melb too.

Seven Hills station would be your best bet in that case. Plenty of free parking.