Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!


Insurance arrangements on a 417 working holiday visa

Recommended Posts

Hi, first time so please go easy :) I did search the site but couldn't find any articles on this in the last few years, feel free to redirect me if I missed it!


We're moving to Sydney on a working holiday visa in a month's time and I've just got engaged (woo!). I'm trying to find a way of insuring the engagement ring (worth c£10k) while we're in Sydney but its proving quite hard. Here are the avenues I've tried so far:


  • Home contents insurance in UK. I'm renting out my London flat so need landlord insurance on that property, and these policies won't cover anything of c£10k value.
  • Travel insurance. Won't cover £10k value
  • Specialist jewellery insurance e.g. TH March. Won't cover unless I'm physically living, working and located in UK.
  • Home contents insurance when in Oz. Not sure of this yet but seems that they will not consider me to be a Oz resident (working holiday visa means we're officially still UK residents)



Can anyone suggest an insurers please? So far I've tried Direct Line, Hiscox, TH March, Highworth and a few others. The only one that seems to have a policy I could use is "insurance4everyone"... very reasonably priced but naturally I'm alarmed by a) the name and b) the lack of any online reviews from customers.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry the other question was whether anyone knows an insurer in the UK who will provide cover for the ring for the 30 days before we leave for Oz??

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now