Counting down!

Quoll

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Better late than never, I've been posting in the public MBTTUK forum for a while and just found this closed one and am loving it :yes:

We are on 67 sleeps till we fly home arriving 5th July. Seems strange to think in a few short weeks our whole lives will change but at the moment our day to day life is pretty much the same. So far... house is for sale, job notices given, schools notified, flights booked for us and our dog, removals at the ready when we give a date... so just waiting now for house to sell and sort the cars to sell too. Think thats all this end, on the other side in Blighty we have family to stay with to start with, schools sorted, and hopefully a nice summer to enjoy a few weeks holiday before we buckle down and start trying to earn a living.

Good luck everyone!

• 2 weeks later...
Better late than never, I've been posting in the public MBTTUK forum for a while and just found this closed one and am loving it :yes:

We are on 67 sleeps till we fly home arriving 5th July. Seems strange to think in a few short weeks our whole lives will change but at the moment our day to day life is pretty much the same. So far... house is for sale, job notices given, schools notified, flights booked for us and our dog, removals at the ready when we give a date... so just waiting now for house to sell and sort the cars to sell too. Think thats all this end, on the other side in Blighty we have family to stay with to start with, schools sorted, and hopefully a nice summer to enjoy a few weeks holiday before we buckle down and start trying to earn a living.

Good luck everyone!

Sounds like it's all systems go in your neck of the woods! Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I've only just seen this thread.  

We leave Australia on the 4th September, so a week tomorrow!  I can't believe how quickly it has all happened.  The kids had a last play date with a couple of friends today which made me feel somewhat teary-eyed.  This week is going to be pretty full-on, I have various appointments and have to pack our suitcases on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.  Thursday the shippers are in to pack (although most of it is done) and I am having a lunch out with a couple of friends, then on Friday the container is being packed, I'm having lunch with a few of the school mums, and it is the kids last day at school - this will be by far the most emotional day I think.  Saturday and Sunday we will mostly be living in a house with no furniture and so will be going out and about on a couple of day trips.  Monday our cats will be collected in the morning, and then we head to the airport in late afternoon, via our solicitor who will hold the house keys until settlement.

I'm still having 'have we done the right thing' moments, but I think they are pretty normal.  I know things will work out in the end, I just feel bad because we are making the kids say goodbye to their friends.  I know logically that in a couple of months they will have started at their new school and will have a heap of new friends.

• Like 4