You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Quoll

Counting down!

This time next week the movers will be in my house packing up. This time in 2 weeks' time, I will already be home...

And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive at where we started, and know the place for the first time.

Guest paul52

44 days and counting! ! Finally managed yesterday to secure a rental for when we land back in the uk. tomorrow the first move cube arrives and the dogs get their rabies shots!!! Its all happening at once, and now seems real

44 days and counting! ! Finally managed yesterday to secure a rental for when we land back in the uk. tomorrow the first move cube arrives and the dogs get their rabies shots!!! Its all happening at once, and now seems real

Wow you'll be leaving just as I arrive in Aus (for a short holiday!!!) and that really is rushing up on me - can't imagine how much you'll have to be doing in that time! All I've got to do is get some knitting finished!

Guest paul52
@paul52 it must be very nearly time for you??

very nearly yes, im sat in departures at melbourne airport!!

Okay, officially adding myself in here now - flights are booked for 31st January! 9 weeks and three days to go.

Okay, officially adding myself in here now - flights are booked for 31st January! 9 weeks and three days to go.

That is just going to zoom past!

It is flying by @Quoll! Can't believe we'll be gone in nine weeks!

Every day seems to involve me transferring large amounts of money to various agents at the moment - will be glad when that bit is over!

I'm hoping we'll be leaving around the same time, where we'll end up I don't know yet....

Making some hay whilst the sun shines

Exciting! Sounds like we are in a similar situation - we're staying with my folks on arrival but have no idea where DH will find a job and thus where we'll be living after that initial period.

I really shouldn't be reading this thread - Good luck to all departing - 15 Months for me at least :frown:

Aw you'll get there @Chortlepuss! I remember saying to my DH that it felt like our move would never happen and suddenly it is upon us. Why the "at least" if you don't mind sharing?

3 and a half months, more or less. Can't wait to book our flights!

Aw you'll get there @Chortlepuss! I remember saying to my DH that it felt like our move would never happen and suddenly it is upon us. Why the "at least" if you don't mind sharing?

Son has to finish final year of school and I want to return in spring time so I don't go back to a UK winter. Terrified of pingponging and husband whingeing

Ooh exciting! Where are you returning to @fourcorners? Apologies if you have already told me (possibly more than once) I have a head cold and with it some memory loss!

Ah I get you @Chortlepuss. I would much rather return in Spring but we decided to bite the bullet and go in the depths of winter as our lease is up here on 4th Feb and I can't face an extra move. Plus it gets us back a bit closer to the schools application deadline. Still after it, but closer and so hopefully a bit further up the waiting list!

12 days in Australia left!

Oh wow! Time is flying for you!

1 day left!

Golly! Bon Voyage!! Hope you have a good flight! It's looking to be a tad chilly at the weekend for your arrival!

I know, and here it's been the hottest week I can remember, it's been 39+ since last Thursday or so! 40C today, then we're in Perth tomorrow for a few hours at 29C, then 3C when we arrive at Manchester at 7am!