Counting down!

Quoll

• 4 weeks later...

We're back since 7th Jan and all is good. Wife is moving from contact to contract and is much happier (she's a contractor). Found temp furnished housing as long our container is underway. Yes it's cold and very wet, raining everyday but that's live.

I do miss the birds singing but one thing that comes to mind is how still it can be, no more noisy V8's, US trucks using their engine brakes and spinning wheels from boy racers.

We're back since 7th Jan and all is good. Wife is moving from contact to contract and is much happier (she's a contractor). Found temp furnished housing as long our container is underway. Yes it's cold and very wet, raining everyday but that's live.

I do miss the birds singing but one thing that comes to mind is how still it can be, no more noisy V8's, US trucks using their engine brakes and spinning wheels from boy racers.

The birds will be singing soon when spring begins, then you'll want to be shooting the darned pigeons!

We also have gone from a 2 yr wait to end of july this year :wink: ... we have decided that myself and the kids will go back to stay with my mum , hubby is gonna stay and do fly in and out from darwin bless him 8wks on 2 wks off ... when i think of that bit i do get upset but this way we can save alot more money ...... xxxx

• 2 months later...
Wow, it's come at last! Under the 50 day mark is always good!

It has come at last, I admit I had a bit of a wobble about whether we were doing the right thing, but it didn't last long. I think I just panicked because my son was talking about having no friends n the UK. I know he'll be fine, he's a very confident little boy and staying here just because he has friends here is not a reason to stay!! Just getting organised now. Feel a huge sense of relief.

• 1 month later...
I can finally post on this thread :rolleyes: :ssign19:

Resignation done, half furniture sold, vet coming tomorrow, started packing... if all falls into place I should be seeing the back of Sydney by mid July. Counting, counting....

You'll be under the 50 days now then?

214 Days and I can't wait :smile:

26/12/13 = 163 days to go

02/01/2014 = 156 days left...

When I started counting down originally it was 237 days and now I'm down to just 2 days and a bit until I go back home............................For a "holiday"..................... then we'll see where the land lies and what decisions we come to :smile:

Just a quickie to say after a very long and tiring journey i am "home" even if it is only for 3 weeks. Weather has been lovely today in Staffordshire, with a little rain :smile: I am loving listening to the garden birds, everything appears to be in technicolour, so lush and green, garden looks amazing with the multitude of shades and colours, shopping (the little i've done so far) can't believe how cheap things are we were like kiddies in a sweetie shop last night. simple pleasures such as a ham sandwich tastes soooo much nicer.......

• 2 weeks later...