Hairdresser employers?

Guest gemmahey

Guest gemmahey

Hairdresser employers?

Hey there,

Right can some one please help me. I have sent of my DE FACTO visa off and is currently processing, but i am also a hairdresser but the easiest route for me was defacto visa rather than the skilled visa.

However i was under the impression (dont ask me where from) that i would still have to get my Trades assessed to work as a hairdresser. After emailing the immigration office they have told me that you only have to get your trades assessed if you are going throu the skilled visa. I am however worried when in get over to Sydney and i have all my qualifactions and referances that they will ask for my trades certificate. Has n e 1 else been through this? And as an employer what do they ask for from a u.k hairdresser if they have residency but havent gone throu skilled visa?

Thanks for ne help.:twitcy:

• 1 year later...
Guest lou lou 2

Hi

my name is lou I am a hairdresser been living in oz for 4 yrs now. came through skilled migration, Even if you had to get trade assessed it is still not accepted when you get here.

you have to apply and take all your paper work to office in Sydney for your trade to be assessed! It is up to them if they issue u a licence or you may have to go and get certain subjects passed off again, this is only so in NSW although I think they may have even scrapped having to have a licence anymore, u dont need one is QLD, but western oz you def do!

hope this helps a bit lou

Archived