Need somewhere to stay - urgent

DisillusionedScot

I felt absolutely gutted when I first read this thread, speaking from personal experience I know how things can take a turn for the worse when you are away from home.

The generosity and kindness of people on this site brought tears to my eyes and I really really hope things work out for you.

If we were there now my OH said he would try and get you some work with him but unfortunately we'll not be there for another few months yet but I feel you will be well sorted by then thanks to some special people, my fingers are crossed for you. Good Luck....&......Stay Strong x

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seen this thread.

hope you take VS up on his offer, he is one of the good guys

I've replied to your posts in the past and know you haven't had it easy. I too am willing to help. I've spoken with the OH and we can offer you a room until you find your feet. We are only renting ourselves and have two dogs, but they get on great with other dogs and are so laid back.

Or if you just need food, or someone to look after you dog. Please let me know

Fi xx

Ahh that's is sooo nice & decent of you & your OH Fifi & VERYSTORMY I too have been thinking & worried about Disillusionscot & his dog max, sat here crying at his situation that anyone could find themselves in & how kind everyone is trying to help, can't help it got a big heart myself, I really do hope everything works out for the u Alan & your Max x

Hi there guys, I don't know where to begin really. I'm too upset at the moment. Been crying most of the afternoon, Max is sitting beside me looking at me. I put forward a proposal for the owner to try and get the rent down after my lease is up, at least just to buy myself some time. Just heard he said no to everything.

I just want things to be ok so I can be with Max, I've let him down so badly. I'm so stuck can't even get to the shops because of the rain and it's too far to walk. This is so bad.

I want my mum :cry:

Hi there guys, I don't know where to begin really. I'm too upset at the moment. Been crying most of the afternoon, Max is sitting beside me looking at me. I put forward a proposal for the owner to try and get the rent down after my lease is up, at least just to buy myself some time. Just heard he said no to everything.

I just want things to be ok so I can be with Max, I've let him down so badly. I'm so stuck can't even get to the shops because of the rain and it's too far to walk. This is so bad.

I want my mum :cry:

Perhaps you could take Fifi up on her offer? And VS too. Sending lots of :hug:

Aw Disillusioned - take Fi up on the offer and go and stay there and take VStormy up for a Coles online shop NOW!!! I will do a Coles shop for you next week - thanks VStormy was trying to think how to help and never thought of this - good onya C'mon Disillusioned keep it together you will get through this.

Edited by dxboz

Please DS accept some help ok?You love your dog and you should love yourself.Put your pride aside for now,and accept the kindness offered by others.You can always offer some free work in exchange,like lawn cutting or whatever!!! Please,just accept the help.Alot of folk care about you!

I'm so embarrassed and ashamed ;-(

There is nothing to be embarrassed or ashamed about, except the help which is being offered, and when you are back on your feet and in the position you can pay the help forward. Go to Fifi's and allow the weight to be lifted of your shoulders for a while, it will help you to focus on finding a job. Good Luck, keep your chin up :hug:

Sometime in the future someone somewhere may need your help and you can be there for someone else. What goes around comes around. If you have a think about it I bet there are times in the past when you've come through for someone else but thought nothing of it. Accept the offer of help, pick yourself up, brush yourself down and get back in the driving seat (no pun intended). People can't help you if you don't help yourself.debs

Sometimes it helps to remember that whatever we are going through,is only temporary.Your current situation will pass,and so will the feelings you are experiencing right now will also!But.....you do have to help yourself DS!Anyone of us could find ourselves in the same situation as yourself,so please get those thoughts of shame and embarrassment out of your head.This will pass,but not doing anything is not helping.

Just read this thread, feel for you so much ..... if you PM me your address I will make sure you and your furry friend get a few bags of shopping .... sorry I can't do more, but as VS said online shopping makes it possible to put some food your way x x x x

Hope things get better, sending my love x

Try homeless helpline 1800065892 or crisis care 9223 1111 or salvation army hostel 9328 3102. Centrelink will give you contact details for the 'Street Doctor' re: health and meds. Any immediate concerns about your health go to the nearest ED.

good luck and take it easy.

Just read this thread, feel for you so much ..... if you PM me your address I will make sure you and your furry friend get a few bags of shopping .... sorry I can't do more, but as VS said online shopping makes it possible to put some food your way x x x x

Hope things get better, sending my love x

And likewise.. PM me your address Disillusioned Scot and I will send a few bags of shopping over your way.. You will need to let me know asap as I fly up North on Saturday and will have no internet for the week...

A little harsh I think! God forbid you ever end up dealing simultaneously with being out of work, homeless, broken marriage, much loved dog dying, hungry, penniless and depressed all in one month....

Your posts suggest you are a nurse too, glad to see you are caring and empathetic with others...

Yeah its really harsh and could probably of been put better but in a way i can see what she means. Alans had really bad luck in the past aswell and people have tried to help then aswell. He just needs to swallow his pride and accept the help that everybodys been offering instead of sitting not accepting it and then waiting till the situation gets worse.

I know thats easy for me to say when im not in this situation. The people on here just want to help him, nobody wants to see him or his dog on the street. Just take the help please!

When we were in WA in October, we came across a family who had had a really tough time where they were down to their last dollar and had no job either. They had a little 8 year old girl to worry about. They were temporary residents and told me that if they had been permanent residents that they would have received help. Is this because they had a child? Or was she mis-informed? Not that we are intending to be on benefits as i'm sure dis scot didn't either, it is a kind of safety net incase you end up in this situation. No one knows whats around the corner. Im not in WA until Sep so i can't help but i'm so humbled to know that there are people like you guys out there helping those who need it.

What a lovely lot of posters there are on here! Alan must do his bit too though- accept help when needed and go to Centrelink and explain the situation. As a PR he is entitled to that. Alan please do not wallow- you will feel better for doing something even if it is just accepting help offered! Have you tried the Salvation Army? They are pretty good in a situation like yours and at least they might be able to tide you over until you get back on your feet. Do you have no income whatsoever? How did you manage before?

What a lovely lot of posters there are on here! Alan must do his bit too though- accept help when needed and go to Centrelink and explain the situation. As a PR he is entitled to that. Alan please do not wallow- you will feel better for doing something even if it is just accepting help offered! Have you tried the Salvation Army? They are pretty good in a situation like yours and at least they might be able to tide you over until you get back on your feet. Do you have no income whatsoever? How did you manage before?

I believe he has been to centrelink but as he has not yet been here two years he has been told he is not entitled to anything. He wife had a job I think, but she has now gone elsewhere.

As much as it is bad for you it could also be a lot worse..doesn't make it easier i know but you need to focus on what you do have and work with that or this will be a never ending thread of your misfortune..

Eh, how could it be worse? I think I should clear a few points up just so there's no misunderstanding. My other half left me and took all our savings. I had three weeks with no money at all before she finally gave me some money back. I now have zero contact with her, don't even know where she's staying or even have a phone number for her. That was in February. I have tried for many, many jobs without success, as recently as yesterday I tried to get a job driving a bus only to be told they now only hire people with a HR license. My lease is up on the 26th July, I have nowhere to go and no money left to pay for a place to stay. I will not be separated from my dog.

Centrelink: May - 1.5 hours in the Mandurah office in Tuckey St only to be told I was entitled to - nothing. not a cent.

Today: Arrived at Centrelink at 11:20. Left Centrelink at 3:45. Result? Nothing.

I have been told to apply for something called 'Special Benefits', but their opinion is I won't get it because it appears not to be payable to 176 Permanent Residents such as myself. There is also a processing time of 16 days. That's 16 days with no money and were it not for the extraordinary kindness of people on this forum that would be 16 days without food, or resorting to begging. Literally.

So, being told to 'focus on what I do have', maybe you could tell me what that is because all I can see (other than the extreme kindness of the people here), is well, not much. I don't even have my health anymore.

One last thing: homeless shelters: a) I can't go with Max and b) they charge here. It's $20 a night for the shelter in Kwinana. I don't have that. Of-course they can take it off your benefits..but I don't get benefits.

Do you have any idea how many hours I've spent crying today. I've been in tears since 10am this morning.

Having said all that, you've told me what you think I should do and I'm happy to try anything, so, maybe you could expand on what you've said and tell me what I should be focusing on and how to stop this 'never ending thread of misfortune'. I'm absolutely open to any reasonable suggestion.

Guest Guest26012
Couldn't sleep for worrying. Haven't slept properly in months :-(

hi Alan, I remember calling you personally a while ago when this all hit you? As far as I remember your partner had booked you on a flight back to the uk? Did that not happen? I and another were very worried about you after that call but never heard anything else from you?