Need somewhere to stay - urgent

DisillusionedScot

You've certainly had your fill of bad luck haven't you. I can't help coz I haven't made the move yet but if I was I would have offered you a sofa. Is there no one at all that you can ask to put you up until you get back on your feet. Have you any family that can offer you some money until your in a better position to support yourself. Don't give up job hunting and I wish you all the luck in the world with your situation. I don't think things can go any worse for you, surely you'll get a break soon.

sending positive thoughts and all that.

Debs

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Pom Queen

Not that I condone it but you could stay on where you are until they get a court order to evict you. Don't know how much extra time that would give you but the owner would first have to go to court to get you evicted and if you didn't move out they then have to go back to court for a Property Seizure and Delivery Order for a Bailiff (court official) to remove you from the premises. The owner can claim the cost of this order from you. The order will be dated one day after the court order and is effective for twelve months (Civil Judgments Enforcement Act 2005 (WA)). So it isn't an ideal way but say you were saving up to get back to the UK it may be worth a go. Like I say this isn't something I personally agree with but if I was in a desperate position who knows what i would do.

If you could pay the rent, would you be able to stay? Could you possibly take in lodgers? We were in financial difficulties and rather than giving up our house, rented a room first to a couple moving over to Perth and then to a student through Australian Homestay Network.

We didn't tell the landlord - the first people we had got to know and the students are considered 'guests' and the 'rent' is considered just to cover costs but at $800 a month it was very welcome.

I was also going to suggest that a landlord cannot evict you, regardless of if you have paid rent or not only a court can. I say it with a heavy heart as we were at the receiving end and ended up without rent from our UK property which resulted in us having to take in lodgers! But your situation is desperate. Unless getting your bond back is going to make a difference??

Could you possibly use the bond to buy a travelers camper van a you can get them very cheap and then you would have somewhere to sleep, eat and safe for your dog (until the summer comes) if you can get some work.

A few people have mentioned going back to the UK - if you have family and friends who would accomodate and financially support you then that seems like the very best idea but do we aware you wouldn't automatically get benefits in the UK as you have to prove you are 'habitually resident' and that can take 6 months.

I would trying WWOOF it's really good i have done it before, you just do half a days work in exchange for food and accommodation. You can do this until you find a paid job, even if it's just paid farm work or something. You have to pay a fee for a years membership but then you can look online and find people who are looking for helpers and just ask if you can go there! Really hope you get help or a job quick

Thanks guys, appreciated. I think maybe if I can get the deposit back and buy something to sleep in. Don't know if 2K is going to buy me anything though? I think the last time I moved it took some time for the money to be transferred back into the bank account.

Feeling light-headed and sore today, think I might have this damned flu thing that's going about. Not good.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. If I'm ok on Thursday I'll try the food bank, see if I can get something to eat.

Cheers.

Alan

Alan

I am away at the moment with work. But, when i get back, i will take you for a decent meal (and a beer) in mandurah if your still about then - end of the month. I will PM you my number. Its switched off at the moment, but will be back on from the 25th.

• Like 1

Alan

I am away at the moment with work. But, when i get back, i will take you for a decent meal (and a beer) in mandurah if your still about then - end of the month. I will PM you my number. Its switched off at the moment, but will be back on from the 25th.

That's really, really, really kind. Thank you so much. The kindness shown by everyone is overwhelming. Thank you :yes:

Actually. Just had an idea. Coles deliver.

PM me with details of what food you need and what the dog eats and an address and phone number and i will do a shop on line for you tomorrow. Cant do it now, as got to go and do some stuff. But can do it first thing in the morning my time (i am 5 hours behind WA time). Oh, and what time you want it delivered.

• Like 1

Alan

VS , if you invite me , I will go halves with you .......if in August ..............

Just seen this thread.

hope you take VS up on his offer, he is one of the good guys

I've replied to your posts in the past and know you haven't had it easy. I too am willing to help. I've spoken with the OH and we can offer you a room until you find your feet. We are only renting ourselves and have two dogs, but they get on great with other dogs and are so laid back.

Or if you just need food, or someone to look after you dog. Please let me know

Fi xx

• Like 2

Alan

That is lovely of you to offer that, glad to see so many willing to help those in need.........good on ya Stormy xx

That's really, really, really kind. Thank you so much. The kindness shown by everyone is overwhelming. Thank you :yes:

Really hoping thing work out for you, im sure it will, i know not easy stay positive im sure there is good thing round the corner for you hun take care xx

Fifi and verystormy you are both very big hearted. I hope the op takes you up on your offer. I lost sleep last night worrying about him and his dog. Looking forward to a good nights sleep tonight now thanks to you guys lol.

After all the bad things going on in the world you have restored my faith in humankind. Well done.

Debs