Victoria State Sponsorship

Guest DavidandNicky

Guest Andy Thomas
Is anybody else looking to obtain State sponsorship?

Their application process seems to be fairly straightforward; I'm just wondering how long they take to say yes/no.

If successful, what help do/did you get in terms of suppport to settle in and find work?

Hi there, this might be useful Live In Victoria - Work and Live in Melbourne, Regional Victoria, Australia Hope it helps, good luck. Andy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DavidandNicky

Thanks,

We have been checking the info on the State’s own site. Will be submitting our application in a few days time; delayed due to having to gather together a whole mountain of paperwork for this and our main visa (176) application - which hinges upon successful state sponsorship!

Guest the terry's
thanks julie & helen

our eldest is doing exams next june 2009 and everyone has told us to get out there asap as gcse are not recognized out there and he also whats to go in the police, i have read a couple of threads that you have to be out there for two years before you can apply to the police. We dont know where we are going we have looked at a few areas on google earth as we have never been there before. Mornington, st kilda, geelong look nice but i have to find the right school for our second son who is 12 as he has educational needs and is 3 years behind. so where are you both heading? So helen you have to be out there by next march then.Thank you for replying so quick good luck to you both and helen if your out there first you know you will be bombarded with lots of questions lol

Hi Kim,

If your son is 18 yrs old and your on a permanent visa then he can join. This applies to Victoria, not sure about other states tho. Type in Victoria Police and you'll find everything you need to know. Hope this helps. And yes if all goes to plan we should be there well before March.

Take care,

Helenx

Guest Les & Woz

Their application process seems to be fairly straightforward; I'm just wondering how long they take to say yes/no.

If successful, what help do/did you get in terms of suppport to settle in and find work?

Hi David & Nicky

We obtained state sponsorship from the Victorian Gov. We filled in the application on line it was fairly straight forward. We heard back within a couple of weeks and the offer lasts for 6 months.

Hope that helps!

Les :cool:

Guest DavidandNicky

Thanks for the reassuring reply re. timescales. Ours might take more than two weeks as they have a 'special requirement' for teachers, which involves a qualifications/skills check (in our case by Early Childhood Australia).

A formality I know, but it does mean more paperwork/expense!

Guest Les & Woz
Thanks for the reassuring reply re. timescales. Ours might take more than two weeks as they have a 'special requirement' for teachers, which involves a qualifications/skills check (in our case by Early Childhood Australia).

A formality I know, but it does mean more paperwork/expense!

Hi there again!

Yes, whatever you do it is moneymoneymoney. Now we have come to the end of the line and just wait to see if we get a visa, it all seems worth it if the outcome is what we desire - a new life in Australia.

We had to go the state sponsored route because we built our own house and during the year of the build my OH (electrician) didn't really work much because he spent his time on the house. I worked and supported us during that time. Because we needed to show income for 5 years and one of these years was the build his income wasn't high enough for that year and therefore, it wasn't acceptable. It's such a shame for us because we really want to live in Queensland but have to go to Melbourne for 2 years before we can get there. We may end up remaining in Melbourne but our dream was to live north of Brisbane.

It does seem like such a long and hard journey to get into Australia but that's why it's such a great place they only want the best!

Good luck and keep us informed of progress.

Les :v_SPIN:

Hi David & Nicky

We obtained state sponsorship from the Victorian Gov. We filled in the application on line it was fairly straight forward. We heard back within a couple of weeks and the offer lasts for 6 months.

Hope that helps!

Les :cool:

Hi Les,

I notice you say state sponsorship offer lasts 6 months, does this mean this type of visa is processed quicker than the skilled independant visa ?

Thanks in advance

Guest carolans
Hi Les,

I notice you say state sponsorship offer lasts 6 months, does this mean this type of visa is processed quicker than the skilled independant visa ?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

With regard to the 6 month validity, our offer letter from Victoria said "1. Your visa application must be lodged with DIAC within six months of the date of this email." We got our offer 29 May 2007, applied to DIAC on 1 July 2007 and heard this week that our visa had been granted - so actually no quicker than others going different routes.

Hope this helps

Zoë

Guest Les & Woz
Hi Les,

Thanks in advance

Hi

looking at a letter from my agent which says that State Territory Nominated Independent visas are given priority. However, I don't think this really speeds up the process enough to get excited about!:v_SPIN:

Les

Guest sanders family

thank u julie and helen for replying son does gcse next june and he also want to go in police and we have found out that he has to be in oz for 2 years before he can apply, so we are going to wait to see if the house sells and then we will put in for meds and pc before co. Its nice to know that there will be some more people in the same position so when we all get out there we'll have to have a meet up. My head is spinning with all the decisions:spinny: hope to speak to you both again:notworthy:

Guest Les & Woz
thank u julie and helen for replying son does gcse next june and he also want to go in police and we have found out that he has to be in oz for 2 years before he can apply, so we are going to wait to see if the house sells and then we will put in for meds and pc before co. Its nice to know that there will be some more people in the same position so when we all get out there we'll have to have a meet up. My head is spinning with all the decisions:spinny: hope to speak to you both again:notworthy:

Hi there

Yes, we'll definitely have to arrange a meet up when we are there. We'll keep in touch via this web site. It will be great to have a few ready made friends !

Les:yes::cool: That's me in me sun shades.

Guest DavidandNicky

We've taken the plunge and submitted our application for sponsorship - e-mail reply said to expect a wait of upto eight weeks.

Now we wait..............

Guest Les & Woz
We've taken the plunge and submitted our application for sponsorship - e-mail reply said to expect a wait of upto eight weeks.

Now we wait..............

Hey guys

Well done for taking the plunge. We didn't wait long at all for a reply, only about 2 weeks I think so fingers crossed you will be the same.

Keep us posted!!!

Les:goofy:

Guest Les & Woz

Hi there

We are going on a State Sponsorship Visa by Vic Gov. We applied to them ourselves on line - it's quite straight forward. We heard back within a couple of weeks with a "Yes" and are hoping to go there end of this year (just waiting for medicals to clear and visa).

Good luck!

Lesley:v_SPIN:

• 1 month later...
Guest DavidandNicky

You might be interested to know that the Victorian State Government will soon be revising their list of occupations that they are willing to sponsor. The new list should be released in a couple of months and is likely to include some additional job roles.

We’ve found the team there to be very helpful.

Cheers.

Hi just reading your thread, I am also a hairdresser on a 176 visa, we submitted ours on-line on the 26th March so I will be checking on your timescale. We (hubby and four kids) are having our medicals tomorrow so fingers crossed everything should be okay.

Cheers Tania

• 10 months later...

sorry just to check. will they confirm that they have received your application?

i have sent my documents last week to the email address for state sponsorship.. but haven't heard anything yet from them...

Hi DavidandNicky

We've got state sponsorship with Victoria (through DH) - can't remember exactly how long it took - but it wasn't that long and as everything was electronic it was much quicker than we thought it would be.

They haven't offered us any help in finding work, but then we haven't got visa through yet. They have insisted that we complete a few e-mail surveys once we are there, but that's it.

I have a friend who was also sponsored as a teacher with Victoria and she didn't get any help with finding work, but after a few months of supply she has a good job in a private school.

Good luck in your application

Zoë

Guest carolans
sorry just to check. will they confirm that they have received your application?

i have sent my documents last week to the email address for state sponsorship.. but haven't heard anything yet from them...

As far as I remember we had e-mails every step of the way: acknowledgement (I think), checking why we chose Victoria (as we had links with other parts of Australia), offer of sponsorship. We also needed to contact them at a certain stage during the main visa application process and they were very efficient then, too. I deleted all our e-mails a few weeks ago so I can't go back and check - sorry.

So I think you may just need a little patience.

sorry, would u remember how quick was the acknowledgement response?

its been one week since i sent my documents.. i was wondering if the PDF file i sent was too large or seomthing bec haven't heard anything..

i think the documents i sent is around 4mb

As far as I remember we had e-mails every step of the way: acknowledgement (I think), checking why we chose Victoria (as we had links with other parts of Australia), offer of sponsorship. We also needed to contact them at a certain stage during the main visa application process and they were very efficient then, too. I deleted all our e-mails a few weeks ago so I can't go back and check - sorry.

So I think you may just need a little patience.

Guest carolans

its been one week since i sent my documents.. i was wondering if the PDF file i sent was too large or seomthing bec haven't heard anything..

You're in luck - just loaded an old backup of my mail system to see if I could find the e-mails. We applied online on 25/02/07 and received an acknowledgement on 11/03/07. We had another e-mail requesting information and a signed stat dec on 11/05/07 and received our offer on 29/05/07.

So based on our timeline it was a fortnight before we had acknowledgement, but that was 2 years ago.

thanks very much for taking the time to look for the email.. i really appreciate it

this means that i'm still good.. since i just emailed them last week... and you got aknowledgement after 2 weeks time..

thanks much

You're in luck - just loaded an old backup of my mail system to see if I could find the e-mails. We applied online on 25/02/07 and received an acknowledgement on 11/03/07. We had another e-mail requesting information and a signed stat dec on 11/05/07 and received our offer on 29/05/07.

So based on our timeline it was a fortnight before we had acknowledgement, but that was 2 years ago.

Guest cuba267

had a slightly longer time scale ourselves. We applied on the 8th (ish) Jan for vic state sponsorship. They didn't acknowledge receipt of application at all but did contact us in the first week of Feb for additional information. Next email was on the 1st March offering us sponsorship. But give them a call, they were really helpful on the phone when we were contacting them on the 2nd March to confirm the offer.

thanks for all your replies...

it was really helpful information

had a slightly longer time scale ourselves. We applied on the 8th (ish) Jan for vic state sponsorship. They didn't acknowledge receipt of application at all but did contact us in the first week of Feb for additional information. Next email was on the 1st March offering us sponsorship. But give them a call, they were really helpful on the phone when we were contacting them on the 2nd March to confirm the offer.

Guest Ausunnyboy

I have called them, they seems very busy at the moment. But the official time line is ack within 4 weeks and having the outcome within 12 weeks. But vic suspend the process for applicant with trade skills (4xxx).Hope that help.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived