Red Rose

How happy are you with where you are in your life at the moment....

3/10 as been off sick since beginning of April, the things we take for granted , ie walking , driving ............

are you having trouble with it healing ? ... it must be frustrating ... how much longer until life gets back to normal ? ...

say, on a scale of 1-10?

And what feasible thing/s do you think you could do to make it better (i.e. winnng the lottery is not realistic)?

i give it a Zero.Don't think anything could make it better.some iether love it or loathe it,and some just put up with it,. Winninig the Lottery would be great.To take home to the UK, there's so much anti pom here.Why stay in a country where you are not welcome.Haveing Aussie this Aussie that, rammed down your throat 24/7 realy gets up my nose.Knocking Britain all the time like wise.

Guest guest30085

About a 5? Not because Im miserable or that anything is wrong but things are just middle of the road, I'm living in limbo a bit at the moment. Can only see things getting better and I've been through enough 1,2,3 and 4 moments - so it's time for some 7,8,9 times :jiggy::laugh:

Guest guest30085
9/10, just got back to Melbourne after ten years in the UK. Settling back in new job seems good so far, its nice and sunny, im just about to head into the city for the Lions test. Just need my girlfriend to turn up in a few weeks to get the ten

Awww, thats a nice post, I hope your mrs is with you soon :)

i give it a Zero.Don't think anything could make it better.some iether love it or loathe it,and some just put up with it,. Winninig the Lottery would be great.To take home to the UK, there's so much anti pom here.Why stay in a country where you are not welcome.Haveing Aussie this Aussie that, rammed down your throat 24/7 realy gets up my nose.Knocking Britain all the time like wise.

No offence but you say "why stay somewhere where your not welcome", arent you the guy whos stayed in australia for like over 20 years?

if you want to train clients horses you should have no shortage of business, as Australia is awash with equine wonders

we're actually in NZ at the moment, though may head back to Oz in the next year or so, but NZ is pretty good on the equestrian front too...

Seven go Adventuring Again - check out my blog - www.perpetualtourists.com :cool: Or follow me on my Facebook page - Perpetual Tourists

No offence but you say "why stay somewhere where your not welcome", arent you the guy whos stayed in australia for like over 20 years?

Thats true,but like alot of poms i admit i wore the rose coloured glasses.But the novelity wore off and we began to see how over rated Australia realy is.It's taken a long time i know, but with family disasters floods ect,before you know it life has passed you by. Giving another chance at life.we would never have left Britain.

I didnt mean it to sound as cheeky btw, i just meant its a really long time to stay somewhere you hate unless you have a australian partner. I understand its a lot harder to leave then. You should really come back to the UK if you can, life too short to be unhappy. Thats what ive realised this year anyway.

Guest Ptp113
I didnt mean it to sound as cheeky btw, i just meant its a really long time to stay somewhere you hate unless you have a australian partner. I understand its a lot harder to leave then. You should really come back to the UK if you can, life too short to be unhappy. Thats what ive realised this year anyway.

Arrogance stops so many poms from trying a completely different way of life. But they are determined to show everybody that they are right, and everybody else is wrong.

Guest Guest 47403
Right now? About a 10 I reckon! :-)

After almost not making it to adulthood on several occasions and missing years of school due to being so sick, I never thought I'd get the opportunities I have right now! I'm at Uni doing an epic course and career prospects are pretty good, I'm also not about to Kahk it which is absolutely wonderful and I'm able to get up in the morning and function normally.

I'd like in the future to get my degree, a nice house in the countryside and a job as a podiatrist, but right now I don't think I could be much happier. :-)

I reckon your a top girl Anna and deserve the good things in life, keep going I'm sure realise all those dreams one day.

10 for me.

I'm healthy, I'm happy, I have clothes and a roof over my head, I know how to cook, I have my gorgeous little dog waiting for me in Aus, I have a husband who respects me and makes me laugh every single day, I am about to go on an adventure, and we don't have any debt.

Life is good.

309/100 visa lodged 04/02/2013, living in Aus since 01/07/2013, visa granted 02/09/2013!

Ok my aim is to be at least a 8 by next year. I shall report back then lol

8 what?

On the happy scale. Not dress size lol i'll be happy if i could get down to a size 12 dress size

On the happy scale. Not dress size lol i'll be happy if i could get down to a size 12 dress size

Im always between an 8 and 9.5

[h=1]How happy are you with where you are in your life at the moment....[/h]

I'm sad...sad for those who have never known peace.

I'm sad for those who have never known happiness.

I'm sad for those who have never known the love of children.

I'm sad for those who have never known a full belly.

I'm sad for those who are frail and sickly.

Apart from that, thumbs.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

I have no complaints other than standard and pathetic Third World Problems.

Many things I would like to do more of, many things I need to do less of.

If I had to do it all again however, there is very little I would change. With the exception of not worrying what other people think nearly as much, which looking back has made me question my abilities and has perhaps held me back until relatively recently.

Ultimately, the things that I value the most are all around me.

Partner visa lodged 5/7/10, subclass 309 Partner visa granted on 29/10/10. Permanent Residency visa granted 15/11/12. :cool:

My kids are happy, I am happy and this year has been fantastic. I'd be lying if I said anything different.

I'd say a 8 & half we've got 3 health beautiful kids between us (a daughter each & a son between us) no debts apart from my mortgage which is pretty low so been paying extra off while it is, partner earns enough that he can happily support me while I stay at home with 3 children also finished our lovely extention on house few bits to do inside but we'll get there, I'm doing a childcare course at moment at my son's nursery everyone is really nice there & at college too, it would be nice to have more money. .. but it would only get spent lol.. oh & saving up for Oz starting first lot of paperwork in next month or two we can't wait for something different. .. adventure before we get to old :-)

Ellen x

Feels like 0 or 1 today

You alright Stace? PM me if you need ANYTHING! You know the deal. :-) XxX

Loads of love.

• Like 1

First visit to Australia in 2010 as a tourist. Arrived back on a WHV September 2016, Applied 489 August 2017, granted April 2018. Applied 887 (PR) April 2020, granted August 2020. Applied Australian Citizenship August 2021. Became an Australian in January 2022. Couldn't be happier! 

Thanks for all of the lovely comments guys, you are all so wonderful. :-) X

First visit to Australia in 2010 as a tourist. Arrived back on a WHV September 2016, Applied 489 August 2017, granted April 2018. Applied 887 (PR) April 2020, granted August 2020. Applied Australian Citizenship August 2021. Became an Australian in January 2022. Couldn't be happier!