457 Visa Timeline - June 2013 [Sydney]

jDv

I've got the basic Bupa. You only pay one month and when you get there you will activate your cover personally. They are really good where I've got it from. Don't forget Medicare will only coer you for basics!

Thanks chubbs for your reply, so if I'm in England can I still arrange the bupa cover? They r offering 3 times of cover I'm guessing yours was the first one just basic? My case officer is asking for this before the end of day tomorrow as she needs to make a decision so can I ask what you emailed as proof please chubbs and how much you paid? I'm really sorry to be asking all this I'm panicking now! Must be good news if she is asking for this I guess so she can grant the visa!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks chubbs for your reply, so if I'm in England can I still arrange the bupa cover? They r offering 3 times of cover I'm guessing yours was the first one just basic? My case officer is asking for this before the end of day tomorrow as she needs to make a decision so can I ask what you emailed as proof please chubbs and how much you paid? I'm really sorry to be asking all this I'm panicking now! Must be good news if she is asking for this I guess so she can grant the visa!!

Yes you can arrange cover. I did it from UK too.

You need to pay one month up front which is 182 something in $. What you need to do is get in touch with Bupa. Download and fill form and scan it and email it. And they called me for payment over the phone. Where do you plan to live In Aus?

Yes you can arrange cover. I did it from UK too.

You need to pay one month up front which is 182 something in $. What you need to do is get in touch with Bupa. Download and fill form and scan it and email it. And they called me for payment over the phone. Where do you plan to live In Aus?

Thanks chubbs in Perth, im going to do that now, did you then receive a health insurance certificate and then provide that as proof? Was it emailed to you?

Thanks chubbs in Perth, im going to do that now, did you then receive a health insurance certificate and then provide that as proof? Was it emailed to you?

Yes as soon as payment received they emailed me the letter with membership number and also sent it by post.

Hi everyone I need some help ASAP! I'm being asked to provide health insurance cover evidence by tomorrow before a decision is made! I didn't do this as Medicare had an agreement with the uk, so I think I may have to buy this insurance so can anyone please please advise me on what care is best etc?? Thank you xx

Hi Sarahsara, we got ours through Australian Unity, just a basic policy. There's 2 of us and it was $160 per month. They also sent through the certificate as soon as we'd paid on credit card.

Once in Australia we could cancel it after activating Medicare but there are bits on our policy that aren't covered by Medicare so we would have to look carefully whether to decide to cancel or not.

Hope you get it sorted quickly!!!

Last leg of the visa journey now! :)

I've got the basic Bupa. You only pay one month and when you get there you will activate your cover personally. They are really good where I've got it from. Don't forget Medicare will only coer you for basics!

Hey

Sarah sry fr d late reply go for bupa call them n get medical n hospital cover its abt 180$ per month for couples. Get it ASAP n best of luck for the decision.

Thanks everyone! Bit of a struggle, I don't have a credit card (got rid) and struggling to pay with my English debit card as they are asking for bsb number etc! Any ideas anyone that's on bupa? I can use another credit card but isn't being accepted on bupa as the cards not in my name! Did anyone else have this problem xx

Thanks everyone! Bit of a struggle, I don't have a credit card (got rid) and struggling to pay with my English debit card as they are asking for bsb number etc! Any ideas anyone that's on bupa? I can use another credit card but isn't being accepted on bupa as the cards not in my name! Did anyone else have this problem xx

I never had a credit card. Paid with my visa debit card. Didn't ask for nothing but usual card no expiry date and security number

I never had a credit card. Paid with my visa debit card. Didn't ask for nothing but usual card no expiry date and security number

Thanks chubbs, it's my partners 457 visa, so does it matter if I'm the lead name on the insurance as its coming out of my bank and he's also goin to be named on the insurance policy or would it have to be him as the lead name on the insurance?

The debit cards which u can use as credit card a welcome , credit card details are enough as my medical was paid by my employer n cover is on my name so I think u shud call them again n try to speak to someone else . As all reps have different answers

Thanks chubbs, it's my partners 457 visa, so does it matter if I'm the lead name on the insurance as its coming out of my bank and he's also goin to be named on the insurance policy or would it have to be him as the lead name on the insurance?

I don't think it matters. You'll be the policy holder but your partner will be covered too.

The visa holder has to be main name on picy

I also wet with bupa, very reasonable price and it is a requirement.

Anyway in other news...MY VISA GOT GRANTED TODAY :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: for anyone interested the paperwork was completed 31st July and i recieved my visa today 28th August so approx 4 weeks to complete. very very excited, will be heading over in the next 2 weeks

I also wet with bupa, very reasonable price and it is a requirement.

Anyway in other news...MY VISA GOT GRANTED TODAY :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: for anyone interested the paperwork was completed 31st July and i recieved my visa today 28th August so approx 4 weeks to complete. very very excited, will be heading over in the next 2 weeks

Congrats and good luck!

Applied on 15 may file opened / case off assigned on 18 june from where do I start counting time frame from date lodged or from date file opened I'm counting from day file opened for further processing to give myself hope but really telling u guys at this point of time I'm feeling frustrated, depressed, as there is no way to find out where is my lovely file sitting , Wat is going on with my file. Is anyone looking after it or no.

Thanks everyone for your help going to take the cover out as me as the lead name but him on the insurance so he will be covered, oooh fingers crossed this is the grant can't see her asking for the proof is she isn't goin to grant it :) will keep u all updated and thanks so much for all you're help ur all brilliant!!!

Thanks everyone for your help going to take the cover out as me as the lead name but him on the insurance so he will be covered, oooh fingers crossed this is the grant can't see her asking for the proof is she isn't goin to grant it :) will keep u all updated and thanks so much for all you're help ur all brilliant!!!

Tomorw is ur day

hi Sarah,

sorry for really late reply but for your info we went with medibank sorted in an hour but 220aus for 3 of us.

Good luck seems like a few visas are starting to come through, we are 8 weeks on nom today and 7 on are visa in.

we are going to Perth.