457 Visa Timeline - June 2013 [Sydney]

jDv

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, my application for my 457 visa was lodged 31/7/13 and my MA told me I would normally only have to wait 2/3 weeks for approval. Im not worried yet but just want it to hurry up so I can get my flights booked and arrange shipping etc. Is there anywhere you can check on the status of your application or is it simply playing the waiting game until it arrives?

By the way asking u out of d topic sorry but wanted to ask that r u guys punjabis

Yes i m :wink:

My MA already know all the things he told me that,when application was lodged DOB was wrong then send email and fix and now he is saying that CO have to look your application as there was a error

i hope soon CO grant visa

:confused:

Yes i m :wink:

My MA already know all the things he told me that,when application was lodged DOB was wrong then send email and fix and now he is saying that CO have to look your application as there was a error

i hope soon CO grant visa

:confused:

Ok I got ya, don't worry hoju chheti

Hi just to update on my previous timeline, we are now sitting at 12.5 weeks!!! With our status saying application being processed further however the sponsored job is a business/ resturant manager and they are currently revising the policies for this business area, we are also moving to Perth but the office dealing with our application is Melbourne as that's where head office is I Think and they have had a huge backlog, anyone with any experiences of sponsored jobs in the hospitality to sector or with a processing time as long as ours please get in touch! Well and truly at the end of our tether now :(

60 days and counting, still says application being processed further. My MA says I still so not have a case officer! It is really disheartening to hear you have weeks more wait :(

The oddest thing about my situation is an application for the same job with the same company was back within 2 weeks, what makes the difference?

Hi just to update on my previous timeline, we are now sitting at 12.5 weeks!!! With our status saying application being processed further however the sponsored job is a business/ resturant manager and they are currently revising the policies for this business area, we are also moving to Perth but the office dealing with our application is Melbourne as that's where head office is I Think and they have had a huge backlog, anyone with any experiences of sponsored jobs in the hospitality to sector or with a processing time as long as ours please get in touch! Well and truly at the end of our tether now :(

12.5 weeks is a long time, I have herd that their is a back log everywhere, the company I am going to work for said that normally it would take 4 to 6 weeks as they sponsor all the time. however at the moment its taking about 10weeks at least. Some of them more.

I hope you get some news soon and wish you all the best.:smile:

file applied on 17 may

opened on 18th june

xrays requested and xrays dne 27th june

snce then no news

nearly 3 months

I can't understand why some are processed quickly and some take for ever. I saw a post yesterday where someone submitted on 8th Aug & approved 2 weeks later.

You'd think they would at least do date order or some kind of logical process??

hi from Wat I understand is it all depends on the new requirements for occupations , n as the govr gets new approved list from the certified bodies like aus industry group etc, n wen it gets approved by aus labour market bodies n aus business they quickly approve the occupations which are in demand more than d others, n from govt point of view it's right n applicant point of view be its me it's not justified as at d end of the day all occupations in csol or occupation list are in demand why it takes too long where it used to take max 2 weeks , wats d difference most files have extra documents as agents n people had a view of rules being changed n more n more docs were attached in d files so as compared to before files have so many docs to justify the need, then y they taking so much time,

mlike asked earlier elections delay the process, I don't think but yes it wud if like some other countries, govr teachers n immi dept officials are appointed in election duties as they considered to be loyal n responsible people, but I have no clue abt it.

B

ottom line guys cheers have beer it's weekend or some of u get drunk everyone will get the grants so take a chill pill.