Sign in to follow this  
Guest chrissy63

Soooooo many tears already

Guest chrissy63

Have just broken the news to parents about completion on house and when we hope to fly ;lots of tears on both ends of the phone. Can't believe it already bawling and we've got about 4 weeks till we go.

Already agreed no goodbyes at airport

Don't think anyone believed we would actually go through with it and i include myself in that at times

:cry::cry:

Guest Andrea Bridge

She who dares.... wins!!!

You have a wonderful future!

Love, Luck & Happiness all the way!

Go, Girl!

My very best wishes. Will be thinking of you all.

Andrea x x x

Guest FamFive

I know how you feel chrissy, its certainly a rollacoaster of emotions.

No we have also said no goodbyes at the airport too - and we have gone out for some lovely meals, dinner parties but no big party as i couldnt cope with all the tears n guilt trip.

Good luck to you all - might see you there - where are you heading

Ellie,LeeNFam

:wubclub::cool:

Guest chrissy63

Hi Ellie

we are heading eventually to a place called Mildura in Victoria. Will be landing in Sydney for a few days so i can sort out my nurse registration. How bout you where are you heading

Guest mandy1

Hi Chrissy

I know exactly what you mean and to be honest it gets worse the nearer your time comes to leave. We leave on Friday (eek) and we've had so many goodbyes that its emotionally and physically exhausting. I am just focusing on getting the plane and getting to Oz and these farewells are all part of getting to that point. Good Luck

Mandy x

Guest FamFive

Hi Chrissy

Gold coast we are heading for - queensland

Ellie

:wubclub:

Guest FamFive

hi mandy

oh you are closer than us - all the best mandy & fam - keep your chins up and try to enjoy everyminute on the plane and all - we all wont be doing this again or often - just feel special because we are - we have been given a huge opportunity

Ellie

Guest ashmalog

Hi, i sort of know where you are coming from on this one. we have just told family our plans to emmigrate and it didn't go down too well. even though we have only just started the skills assessment process we still have a fair way to go. think they are happy for us but it doesn't stop them from thinking its not the right move for us. we are hoping to go to go to victoria as we have family and friends there, aim to go after xmas. not yet got a job but looking frantically on net. my mum emmigrated to spain 3 years ago and the rest of the family live up north so its not like they are round the corner in the UK. going to melbourne in may for 2wks to do a reckie, going to do our very own 'wanted down under'.

can't wait to see what its like and whether oz lives up to our expectations.

Guest chrissy63

Hi Mandy

Good luck on Friday

Guest mandy1

Hi all

Thanks everyone for the good wishes. I cna't get on to the forum as much now as there is so mmuch to do. I am getting a tad nervous now but very excited too. I'm dreading tomorrow though as we've got parents coming round to say final goodbyes. We've got the taxi booked for Friday morning and then we're off.

Mandy x

Guest ashmalog

GOOD LUCK FOR FRIDAY!!

let us all know how you get on. the highs and the lows.

take care

x

Guest #Donna#

:cute: Good luck Mandy, let us all know how you get on.

Guest Undecided

Hey Mandy

I just wanted to say I really feel for you. I can't even begin the process for fear of the all the goodbyes but we just can't stop wanting to do it!

Very best of luck.

Amanda

Still Undecided!:arghh:

Guest n-jayne-30

hi you lot, well as i said calm before the storm. We got our visa 2 weeks ago, so i told my mum that night (did have a large glass of wine before hand) and shes not a happy bunny. All through the process my mum has asked nothing and when i told her the visas were here she said to me "well i need to find somebody cause whos gunna look after me when i get old, wish i could run away" My step dad left my mum two years ago so shes worried about being left on her own. The thing is she left me with my dad when she went with my ex step dad, so i dont owe her nothing (i was 6 years old then)

well i got that bit out the way, but then my husband told me hes booked the flights fot the 7th july (got to tell her that now) i know somethings gunna go off:realmad: , its like walking on egg shells at the mo.

Having a big party on the 13th june :wacko:

and i agree no goodbyes at the airports :cry:

c ya

nicky

xxxx

Guest jogrant3232

If you didnt get upset I would say you wasnt human, I say to my O/H he must be made of steel as hes so strong about it all. Goodluck Guys and I have said No Party,Airport the lot. Even thought about keeping the day we go to ourselves and phone them when we are there..

Guest chellemounfield@aol.com

Hi,

Good luck with everything Mandy. Keep us updated.

Guest FamFive

We went out with our friends last night, champagne and all. At the end of the night though we could not say goodbye to each other! It did not feel right, so we decided not too and are calling round to their house night before we go (Monday).

It was a really strange feeling and I just couldnt do it! Has anyone else had this were they couldnt say goodbye to someone.

Ellie

Guest Les & Woz

Hi

Wish you all the best - can't believe how quickly you got your visas. Our app went off Jul 07 we didn't get CO until 8 Feb 2008! Now have to get medicals, etc. so probably another 4 months or more before we will know if we are approved.

Les

Guest FamFive

Did you have the option to fastrack your visa Les?

If you are on the skills in demand list then you have an option to go fastrack (6 month process)

Ellie

Guest Les & Woz
Did you have the option to fastrack your visa Les?

If you are on the skills in demand list then you have an option to go fastrack (6 month process)

Ellie

Hi Ellie

I think we are on the skills in demand list (OH Electrician). We have used an agency and they didn't tell us this! We now have CO and are booking medicals on Mon 3 March and have sent off for the Police check forms. We have to sell our house which we haven't even put on the market yet so hoping that if we get our visas by July we may have sold by then and are aiming to go before christmas. Where are you going? We are going to Melbourne (state sponsored) but do want to go to Queensland eventually.

Les

Guest FamFive
Hi Ellie

I think we are on the skills in demand list (OH Electrician). We have used an agency and they didn't tell us this! We now have CO and are booking medicals on Mon 3 March and have sent off for the Police check forms. We have to sell our house which we haven't even put on the market yet so hoping that if we get our visas by July we may have sold by then and are aiming to go before christmas. Where are you going? We are going to Melbourne (state sponsored) but do want to go to Queensland eventually.

Les

Yes you will be with OH being a Electrician. Not sure why agency did not tell you this information, however all should work out for you anyhow with needing to sell the house.

We will be living in Queensland, Gold Coast, Upper Coomera, so if you ever want any information when relocating then just drop a PM.

Good luck to you and your family

Ellie,LeeNFam

:wubclub::cool:

x

Guest Edinburgh to Sydney

I know how you feel.

My husband and i fly out on the 27th April and i cry every day.

i am really excited about going but i am going to miss every one so much.

my mum made us all have a family easter this weekend as she did not think would ever do it agan. the funny thing is we have never done it in the past !!!

we tryed to ban every one from the Airport but they are having none of it, they all want to come and say good by. I think edinburgh airport will be full of our family and friend that day and no one else.

I think i will probabley cry all the way to sydney, people will think i am the crazy lady on the flight.

Fingers crossed it will all be ok.

:sad:

Good luck i hope it gets better

Guest misschief

Good Luck for the flight and the "goodbyes".

Let us know how you get on!! :wubclub: Enjoy!

Guest Les & Woz
Have just broken the news to parents about completion on house and when we hope to fly ;lots of tears on both ends of the phone. Can't believe it already bawling and we've got about 4 weeks till we go.

Already agreed no goodbyes at airport

Don't think anyone believed we would actually go through with it and i include myself in that at times

:cry::cry:

Hi

Just like to wish you all the best of luck and hope you realise all your dreams. Can't wait for you to come on here and tell us all about it ! Can't wait to be in your shoes but will feel just like you.

Best wishes.

Les:goofy: