Spouse Visa Waiting Time 2013

Hello everyone,

After reading as many threads as I could I thought to post my story and hope to read yours.

I am French, lived in the UK for the past 20 years. I am married to an Aussie and we have a little girl. We are hoping to move to Perth in the not too distant future.

We lodged all our papers at the end of January this year and got our acknowledgement email on the 7th of February 2013.

All our papers are up date and nothing more was requested of us.

We were told to do my police check and health checks on or after the 5th of May but I got them done around the 12th of April (It was just easier to do)

Since then NOTHING- I have asked if they got my health checks back (as the was referred) and they said NO- I had declared PND and recurrent UTI but neither are ongoing nor have I been hospitalised for them.

Has anyone experienced the same waiting time?

Has anyone got their spouse visa in 2013? Have you got any tips?

Thank you everyone and good luck with your application.

Referred medicals are taking about 3 months to finalise waiting times about 9 months after lodgement that why they ask you to do medicals and pc 3 months after lodgement so you will have about 6 months to validate the visa.

You medicals should be finalised soon then CO will give better idea when visa will be granted.

• 3 weeks later...

Ahhh, we moved over from Brighton just over a year ago. Still miss it a lot - I always knew it was a brilliant place but didn't quite realise how brilliant until I left :biggrin:. I don't miss the weather though. Well, apart from the first 30 minutes when it snows. After that it gets boring and a bit sludgy.

How is the place? Still good? Say hello for me...

• 2 weeks later...

hello!!! Sorry for the late reply. Brighton has not changed much in the last two years but we are itching to leave and join my husband's family in Perth. We live on 7 Dials. Where did you live? WebRep

currentVote

noRating

noWeight

We were just round the corner then - where Upper Gloucester Road meets Buckingham Road - just opposite the Eddy pub. Man I miss the pubs...

Hope Perth goes well for you - we spent some time there and it was amazing. We really loved Fremantle too - we're half contemplating moving there one day!

It has been really good - we didn't have jobs lined up (we're on a spouse visa - my OH is the Aussie) so we took the opportunity to travel for a bit before settling down - drove the Stuart Highway to Darwin then across The Kimberly to Broome, down the West coast to Perth, on to Margaret River and then back to Adelaide across the Nullabor. Took us about 3 months and was fantastic - such a beautiful and enormous country.

We've found the transition from Brighton city centre to the Adelaide suburbs a little bit tough sometimes - it's great in the summer but now it's winter we really miss the closeness of pubs, shops, cafes, pubs, and pubs. Still, it's a different way of life and my liver could do with a rest to be honest. There are some great places here but you have to travel to find them - makes getting home a bit of a trek.

Perth is lovely, we half considered staying put when we were on our travels but we didn't really have enough money to settle down and my folks were coming over to Adelaide for Christmas so we had to head back really.

We've just got some semi-permanent jobs here so hopefully things are now starting to settle down and we can begin living like real people again and have a holiday or two, buy a better car etc!

• 2 weeks later...