Help!! HUGE fear of spiders.

homesteader

with in a few weeks of arriving in Melbourne from sydney (where we saw none) we had a GIANT huntsman in the garage.. when i say huge, i MEAN EFFING MASSIVE..

I'm from london and the misses from Auckland, no spiders in either place apart from house ones...

this thing was easily had the leg span of a 6 or 7 inch side plate - i almost wet myself.. however I killed it with a whole tin of fly spray, some glasses of water and a giant broom.

Since then we've not had any that size, but we've had 2 more huntsmen in the garage, one in the house (AAARGGHH!!) and 3 on the outside of the house... Lord help us !!

My advice having moved over 3 months ago. Don't start/read threads like this. And don't spend ages investigating what you may encounter.

No-ones going to tell you you'll never see a spider over here. Or that they they're never big.

When you arrive you may find yourself doing what i imagine a lot of brits do when they first get here - checking clothes, shoes and bed sheets, not wandering into dark rooms with the light off, staying clear of garages and sheds, checking under the toilet seat, not wandering round the garden at night, over-reacting if you twitch in bed, etc etc.

But you will adjust quite quickly and realise you're being a bit paranoid.

• 3 weeks later...
My advice having moved over 3 months ago. Don't start/read threads like this. And don't spend ages investigating what you may encounter.

No-ones going to tell you you'll never see a spider over here. Or that they they're never big.

When you arrive you may find yourself doing what i imagine a lot of brits do when they first get here - checking clothes, shoes and bed sheets, not wandering into dark rooms with the light off, staying clear of garages and sheds, checking under the toilet seat, not wandering round the garden at night, over-reacting if you twitch in bed, etc etc.

But you will adjust quite quickly and realise you're being a bit paranoid.

I'm like that in the UK Redrover. God help me if/when I ever get to Aus lol.

• 2 months later...

of all the times ive visited/lived in Oz i've seen very few spiders. I've seen 2 redbacks - one was being hunted by a whitetail so i watched a spider fight. We bomb the house & spray the outside as well. Spiders dont really bother me its ants & cockroaches i cant stand, hubby calls me the cockroah ninja!