WHV travelling alone???

kitkaz

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im arriving in Sydney the 24th November, I was there on holiday a few months back visiting a friend who travelled there alone and he met loads of awesome people who I met when I was there but when I go back for the year im going it alone and they will all be all back in the UK so if there is anyone who is in Sydney at that time let me know we could meet up :D its gonna be scary doin this alone but im sooo ready for this lol

• 1 month later...
That's the only thing i'm not really looking forward too also, but hey what can you do. I'm also going to Melbourne on my own first week of January, mainly for Australia open.

Hey I'm also travelling to Melbourne alone in January for the Australian open

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Hey I'm also travelling to Melbourne alone in January for the Australian open

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Oh cool, where are you flying from ? I'm looking at airbnb.co.uk for accommodation for the first week or two as there seems to be plenty of places near Melbourne Park, not sure about staying at a hostel.

Oh cool, where are you flying from ? I'm looking at airbnb.co.uk for accommodation for the first week or two as there seems to be plenty of places near Melbourne Park, not sure about staying at a hostel.

i will be staying in brisbane first so will be flying from there. booked in at greenhouse backpackers for 2 weeks

So I've been looking at flights from Manchester to Melbourne via Dubai 1 stop (stop time 2.5 hrs), total travel time approx 26hrs leaving jan 14 returning latest date possible and then just changing the return date. Travel agents and online have both give me a price of around £1500 return including return date change. It seem quite expensive, compared to what i've seen others get. Anyone one else in a similar situation to me if so how much was your flights ? Cheers

So I've been looking at flights from Manchester to Melbourne via Dubai 1 stop (stop time 2.5 hrs), total travel time approx 26hrs leaving jan 14 returning latest date possible and then just changing the return date. Travel agents and online have both give me a price of around £1500 return including return date change. It seem quite expensive, compared to what i've seen others get. Anyone one else in a similar situation to me if so how much was your flights ? Cheers

I got mine going the same route but with a 10hr stop in Dubai from STA for about £850.

The travel agents said the price was higher than normal because of the time I was going, just looked at singapore airlines and it was 1100 with 2 stops 30hr+ which I don't want, I changed the months to see how much price difference there was and there wasn't much difference. I have got a little better price of £1400 (including £100 date change) with emirates and the same with Qantas, so I may just have to settle with either one.

Edited by lukeinoz
missing info

The travel agents said the price was higher than normal because of the time I was going, just looked at singapore airlines and it was 1100 with 2 stops 30hr+ which I don't want, I changed the months to see how much price difference there was and there wasn't much difference. I have got a little better price of £1400 (including £100 date change) with emirates and the same with Qantas, so I may just have to settle with either one.

Hi Luke, I always book my own flights on the Emirates website. I've just looked for Manchester to Melbourne Jan 14 to, I just put June 2cd, and it came up with £1155! January is an expensive time to go but they have special offers a lot of the time. I booked a return flight to Perth last night for October for £872. It's worth a look.

£1500 sounds like a rip off but then January you have the Christmas and Australia Day travellers which hikes the price. Try www.kayak.com and select flexible dates, 14/01 a 10/09 you can fly for £988 if you don't mind chilling in China for half a day on the return leg. Also, It may be cheaper to fly from London.

Thank you for the link I booked my flights last night through kayak with Qatar Airlines for £1100 with only 1 stop. Saved myself some money there :)

I booked a 1way to bangkok for £350 then I booked KL to the gold coast for under £75, this was one way.

For the month of October.

That's my kind of price! Its funny because I was actually thinking the other day about wether people do it that way. Was on one of those cheapo airline sites - webstar or something like that!