Wildlife thread

Guest51810

I dont know if this will be any good but thought i'd start a wildlife thread since some of us are interested in it. Can put up pics, funny stories etc. Either country!

like ive said before - i love feeding the birds. I have two magpies in the garden, they seem really tame or cheeky! Dave said a few weeks ago that one tried to come into the house but i thought he was winding me up. Yesterday i heard this noise but thought it was the dogs so went to check. The magpie was hitting the patio door window lol! It flew away as soon as it saw me. Ive just caught two of them at the patio door again there!

Hand feed the Rainbow Lorekeets (Spelling??) today in the back garden, birds around here are great, tho my brother says the Cockatoos with the yellow MR T cuts :) eat the wooden deck and can be trouble. The dog is currently at the window keeping his eye out for the Wombat, he does it every night

Was out at the Showground / horse racing track yesterday and there was a mob of kangaroos well over a hundred strong. Driving on the Pillaga road the other night there were thousands of the suicidal bastards.

Went for a long walk with the kids and dog today. Saw loads of Kookaburras close up as well as pelicans, koalas, kangaroos and numerous birds of prey.

The swans on our village pond have just become parents to three gorgeous signets. They only took up residence last year after our other pair were killed by an out of control dog :( we've all been watching them for months, building the nest and caring for the eggs. Such a beautiful sight on the way to work in the mornings.

I'll admit i dont like swans, they freak me out. I like seeing them from a distance though lol[/quote

ok, I wouldn't get too close but they are very majestic and beautiful to watch

We have a massive park half an hour away and these swans are honestly evil. They chase people and try to attack dogs when they go past. They've became that used to people that they try snatch your food. So i base my fear on these swans lol although theres ones closer to me that are a bit nicer. They're gorgeous to look at though

We have a massive park half an hour away and these swans are honestly evil. They chase people and try to attack dogs when they go past. They've became that used to people that they try snatch your food. So i base my fear on these swans lol although theres ones closer to me that are a bit nicer. They're gorgeous to look at though

They're prob nesting or have young They're nowt to worry about we have the great white things to worry about in the water. Lol

Round car parks , typical Scottish swans lol

The car park is near the loch lol the funny thing is that the place im talking about is the place that the newspaper said was a dogging spot at night! Who knows what those poor swans have saw lol! Before anybody says anything - i only go there during the day!

My mates, in Florida, went out for a walk around a wildlife reserve yesterday. Whilst turning round to look and photograph a particularly beautiful butterfly, they turned back round only to see a 7ft gator walking across the path about 20ft ahead, said friend apparently exclaimed holy sh1t!