How many people have found jobs?

Hallfamily

Well maybe because it's such an open question, with many variables.

For example, are you talking skilled or unskilled work? a trade like electrician, vocational like nursing, or clerical?

Are you on a PR visa or temp?

if you provide more details or info you are likely you may get more responses.

Edited by Tickled Pink

Thank you Tickled Pink for your advice, I should have thought a bit deeper into the question. I was wondering more about the professional people that have migrated i.e Health & Safety and Environmentalists. The reason behind my question was that I thought the recession had now hit Australia and people were struggling to find jobs.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Thank you Tickled Pink for your advice, I should have thought a bit deeper into the question. I was wondering more about the professional people that have migrated i.e Health & Safety and Environmentalists. The reason behind my question was that I thought the recession had now hit Australia and people were struggling to find jobs.

Theres no recession in Australia it's had good or great growth for the last 21 years in a row.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
That surprises me 'The Hoff' as there is a few threads on here about people that have move over to Oz and are finding it hard to find jobs.

Jobs aren't easy to find anywhere, I replied to your comment about Australia and recession.

Look, I came over with a job, about 16 months ago now. OH has had good and bad patches. He is a blue collar worker. Saying that he he has kept busy doing different courses in construction. Though he is not in a full time job he gets plenty of work and earns comparable with me. <Teachers salary)

need to be proactive!

That surprises me 'The Hoff' as there is a few threads on here about people that have move over to Oz and are finding it hard to find jobs.

There is a world of difference between a recession and the softening of the work force, which is indeed happening. In the case of mining it has widely been reported of a decline in numbers and salaries offered.

There are still half a million Australians out of work. A number of folk have stopped searching for work as well. A third of women once giving birth cease to work . A lot of folk do not work the hours they would prefer. Australia has a high rate of part time and casual workers. These rates are increasing.

Still immigration at 190,000 remains very high as do those coming out on 457 visa's. The economy is still chugging along and nothing akin to the problems in Europe at this stage.

We've been out here 2 years this week, both me and OH are professionals in the corporate world.

Me: 2 jobs, unemployed for a total of 5 weeks in 2 years. This was when we first arrived, temp job for 6 weeks and then the perm job I'm in now.

OH: 5 jobs, unemployed for a total of 8 months in 2 years. 4 weeks out of work when we first arrived, temp job for 6 weeks, contract job for 6 months, perm job for 6 months (he was made redundant), unemployed for 7 months, temp job for 1 week and now in a 6 month contract role.

We'd absolutly love him to get a perm job, but there don't seem to be many going at the moment.