register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

newjez

what are you doing right now?

haha i'm addicted, don't tell my work mates though

Haha I bet you watch emmerdale farm too. The lads who did our packing had a 22" TV in their van, they watched emmerdale and Corrie, one of them was quite distraught that the new series of Downton is the very last one. Men and their telly lol

Flights booked for Sydney 29/09/2015 :cool:

Haha I bet you watch emmerdale farm too. The lads who did our packing had a 22" TV in their van, they watched emmerdale and Corrie, one of them was quite distraught that the new series of Downton is the very last one. Men and their telly lol

haha not a soap person, don't really get them much here anyway... looking forward to heros reborn though

My Aussie pictures - https://instagram.com/paulbell5/

We arrived in Rhodes at 3am this morning, we managed to drag ourselves down to breakfast at 10am and now we are back in bed catching up on some much needed sleep. (Well Mr Metoo is, I'm browsing PIO obviously)

The past week has been incredibly stressful. We had the packing team living at our house for 4 days :elvis: as it took them from Monday am till Thursday pm to get our stuff packed and containerised. They were the best bunch of incredibly hard working lads and I take my hat off to them for a brilliant job this end.

They said said it was one of the biggest moves they have done. Our 40 footer was packed to the doors and three of them forced the doors shut before it was sealed. We had 410 boxes.

I think this Greek holiday is the best thing we did, we really need some down time before the house hunting starts in Sydney in 10 days time.

Free wi if in the hotel is fast and very useful, mind you I just had a bath and when I pulled the plug out the water came up through the floor drain and flooded the bathroom lol.

I don't care about that though, we are here, we are safe and our stuff is on its way from Felixtow. I have found my sunglasses which I thought I had lost and now I am feeling happy and relieved that the first part of our journey is complete.

Wherevever you you are in the world today, I hope you all have a great weekend.

Best wishes Metoo & Mr Metoo xx

so pleased it all went well ... the holiday was a great idea ... time to wind down after a very stressful time ... I remember it well ... have a restful holiday and good luck with the house hunting ... think you will need a big place for your 410 boxes ... x

so pleased it all went well ... the holiday was a great idea ... time to wind down after a very stressful time ... I remember it well ... have a restful holiday and good luck with the house hunting ... think you will need a big place for your 410 boxes ... x

Ahh thanks Bottler, we have just returned from a stroll down the main street. It started raining but even that can't bring us down today. We just ducked into a street resturant and enjoyed a beer and a plate of Baclava while we watched the rain. It's drying up now but it's still nice and warm.

There are some big thunder storms reported in this part of the world, I would be delighted if we have a light show this evening from our balcony.

As for 410 boxes, we will be renting for a few months when we arrive so most of it will stay in boxes until we find our ideal house to buy. I think a triple garage would be great. Then when my daughter arrives in 6 months time we can off load a pile of stuff onto her as she will be bringing nothing but a suitcase.

Did a tour of Rhodes Island yesterday. Stopped at every vantage point and church/monistry on the way, up and down many steps. Stupidly I wore my flip flops. Big blister on my toe now.

Did a tour of Rhodes Island yesterday. Stopped at every vantage point and church/monistry on the way, up and down many steps. Stupidly I wore my flip flops. Big blister on my toe now.

other than walking your legs off and getting a blister are you feeling the benefit of your holiday ? ...

On the oxo cube on the way to London Bridge for a few beers. All welcome

other than walking your legs off and getting a blister are you feeling the benefit of your holiday ? ...

Yes @bottler1942 the holiday is great, the beds are a laugh. We have two singles and when we push them together, as soon as you try to get cosy they are on wheels and they separate. One or both of us falls through the gap in the middle lol.

Today we had a pool day and then strolled down to the local Taverna for a late lunch. I can't believe our week is almost over.

We fly home on Saturday night/Sunday morning at 04.14am, the taxi is picking us up at 01.55, this will be interesting. Not sure I can stay awake that long. I know Mr Metoo won't, he's asleep now and it's only 6pm ha ha.

I hope our car is still safe at Gatwick air parks. We have left loads of stuff in the boot. Our luggage allowance for Greece is 15KG, the allowance for Sydney is 30KG so we left the excess in the car (as we are now homeless) just hoping it's all still there when we get back.

Then flights out to Sydney on Tuesday evening. Still can't believe it's finally happening.

woohoo, will soon be posting from down under

Metoo x

Yes @bottler1942 the holiday is great, the beds are a laugh. We have two singles and when we push them together, as soon as you try to get cosy they are on wheels and they separate. One or both of us falls through the gap in the middle lol.

Today we had a pool day and then strolled down to the local Taverna for a late lunch. I can't believe our week is almost over.

We fly home on Saturday night/Sunday morning at 04.14am, the taxi is picking us up at 01.55, this will be interesting. Not sure I can stay awake that long. I know Mr Metoo won't, he's asleep now and it's only 6pm ha ha.

I hope our car is still safe at Gatwick air parks. We have left loads of stuff in the boot. Our luggage allowance for Greece is 15KG, the allowance for Sydney is 30KG so we left the excess in the car (as we are now homeless) just hoping it's all still there when we get back.

Then flights out to Sydney on Tuesday evening. Still can't believe it's finally happening.

woohoo, will soon be posting from down under

Metoo x

I look forward to your posts from Australia ...

Hey bottler, how is the house sitting going ?

On the oxo cube on the way to London Bridge for a few beers. All welcome

Thanks but will pass on that just in case there is a stampede ......................

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

Thanks but will pass on that just in case there is a stampede ......................

967484436d2a297e2d613c304de55120.jpg

967484436d2a297e2d613c304de55120.jpg

are they all yours Simmo :err::laugh:

I finally came to London a few weeks back, I thought it was a bit sad around London bridge. But they did have a cool bar with sun longers and blow up palm trees near by :laugh: it was shut though, I was gutted.

Edited by M1cha3la

Just smile and wave boys, smile and wave..........

vd brw:angel_happy_face_ha

Hello Stevie ... good to hear from you ... I miss the fun of translating your posts ! ... x

Hey bottler, how is the house sitting going ?

loving it ... quiet rural area ... beautiful property with so many fruit trees ... I am having to give away a lot of eggs to the neighbours as the chooks lay 8 eggs a day ... I think a fox comes around during the evening as I hear noises around the verandah ... one afternoon I forgot to bring in the eggs and left them in the covered in area I mix the chook food in ... in the morning the container was tipped over and the eggs were gone ... a few shells and egg gundge ... there is a very reassuring baseball bat by the front door just in case ...

loving it ... quiet rural area ... beautiful property with so many fruit trees ... I am having to give away a lot of eggs to the neighbours as the chooks lay 8 eggs a day ... I think a fox comes around during the evening as I hear noises around the verandah ... one afternoon I forgot to bring in the eggs and left them in the covered in area I mix the chook food in ... in the morning the container was tipped over and the eggs were gone ... a few shells and egg gundge ... there is a very reassuring baseball bat by the front door just in case ...

Could be wombats. I used to house sit for friends in the NSW countryside whenever the y wanted a weekend away. The wombats crash around at night and they used to try to get into the goats' feed shed. All the dogs in the house used to kick up a racket during the night too. I got used to the noisy nights.

Edited by JockinTas

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away :smile:

On a train. Music is on shuffle as usual. ACDC If you want blood from the Volts album of unreleased stuff that was issued in the collectors set modelled on a small Marshall Amp quite a few years ago.

From Kilmarnock, now in Melbourne :-)

Could be wombats. I used to house sit for friends in the NSW countryside whenever the y wanted a weekend away. The wombats crash around at night and they used to try to get into the goats' feed shed. All the dogs in the house used to kick up a racket during the night too. I got used to the noisy nights.

thank you for that information ... I was surprised by the amount of noise as I did not think a fox would be like that ... I have found a big torch so will use it tonight to see what it is ...