newjez

what are you doing right now?

On 28/08/2019 at 02:06, simmo said:

Also a racist, sexist and homophobe (apparently)

Boris Johnson has also been accused of being racist, sexist and  homophobic (apparently).

2 minutes ago, Toots said:

Boris Johnson has also been accused of being racist, sexist and  homophobic (apparently).

No, he was definitely accused. I saw it.

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

Just off to Downton.

Hope it's good.

On 20/09/2019 at 02:49, newjez said:

Just off to Downton.

Hope it's good.

I visited Mont Clere Castle when I was last in England in 2015.... a beautiful place.   Enjoy!!

• Like 1

......Just trying to be helpful so don't shoot me down if my personal views do not coincide with yours! :animal-dog:

I love my job but the continued professional development gets a bit tiring. .
If I'd been sensible with my money I wouldn't have to go through all of this s*** but unfortunately I wasn't so need to make sure I can make a few quid when I "retire".IMG_20191117_133440.jpeg

• Like 1

Just got back from the emergency vets. Thankfully she just has an infection and fever, placed on antibiotics. We didn’t want to risk it when last week we had a Eastern Brown in the garden and 4 of the dachshunds attacked it before we even saw it. This ended up with three bit. We know there are Browns everywhere we see them out on the road and on the local groups, neighbors tell us about sightings or animals being bit, but it’s the first time we have seen one. 
Anyway it’s 4am off to sleep, we are on bushfire alert as well. 

• Like 5

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

7 hours ago, simmo said:

I love my job but the continued professional development gets a bit tiring. .
If I'd been sensible with my money I wouldn't have to go through all of this s*** but unfortunately I wasn't so need to make sure I can make a few quid when I "retire".IMG_20191117_133440.jpeg

My sympathies Simmo.  I enjoyed my job BUT how I loathed all the professional development stuff and as for team building    .............................  😴

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, The Pom Queen said:

Just got back from the emergency vets. Thankfully she just has an infection and fever, placed on antibiotics. We didn’t want to risk it when last week we had a Eastern Brown in the garden and 4 of the dachshunds attacked it before we even saw it. This ended up with three bit. We know there are Browns everywhere we see them out on the road and on the local groups, neighbors tell us about sightings or animals being bit, but it’s the first time we have seen one. 
Anyway it’s 4am off to sleep, we are on bushfire alert as well. 

🙁

Are they OK?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Toots said:

🙁

Are they OK?

After very expensive vet bills, thankfully yes.  I just hate the snakes, there is nothing that stops them.

• Like 1

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

22 minutes ago, The Pom Queen said:

After very expensive vet bills, thankfully yes.  I just hate the snakes, there is nothing that stops them.

The only thing you can do, is to keep the grass very short. The snakes are most likely looking for water...

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Pom Queen said:

Oh what a relief that they are OK.

I've yet to encounter a snake.  There aren't any around the house and garden but I do know they are lurking where I go walking but they seem to slither off out of the way. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bobj said:

The only thing you can do, is to keep the grass very short. The snakes are most likely looking for water...

Cheers, Bobj.

Yes we presumed it was the water and considered placing water troughs in the paddocks out of the way but then wondered if that would attract a plague of snakes to the property 

• Like 1

What am I doing right now?   Sitting on my son's balcony on the Gold Coast with a glass of wine, listening to my music on Spotify and checking in on PIO.  November on the Goldie has been great, but those fires surrounding us have been very worrying.   I travelled out to Toowomba through the Lockyer Valley on Tuesday, and I was so gobsmacked at how very dry, barren and brown it all is!   I spend a lot of time in Queensland visiting family, but I have never ever seen it so very parched.   No wonder the bushfires were so hard to fight.   Hat off to everyone living here and carting water into their property, and to the incredible fire fighters, both professional and volunteer.

• Like 5

......Just trying to be helpful so don't shoot me down if my personal views do not coincide with yours! :animal-dog:

Sitting in my breezeway, playing mahjong on Freddie, the iPad and having a peek at the mangoes, what’s left of them

Cheers, Bobj.

Couple of reds... Chilli.... Now in bed at 10 pm!!!!!!!!
That just isn't me..... I'm gradually going to bed earlier.... Will definitely wake up early hours of the morning , which really annoys me.....

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

Just watched Tim minchins Upright.

Absolutely brilliant. Must watch it.

48 minutes ago, newjez said:

Just watched Tim minchins Upright.

Absolutely brilliant. Must watch it.

I think it starts on Sunday here?

8 hours ago, ramot said:

I think it starts on Sunday here?

Probably one of the best things I've seen on telly this year. It's an art to make someone laugh and cry at the same time. It was very gentle, but tremendously moving. I watched all the episodes consecutively on Netflix. Couldn't stop myself. Thought the first episode was a little slow, but then it grabs you.

Edited by newjez

30 minutes ago, newjez said:

Probably one of the best things I've seen on telly this year. It's an art to make someone laugh and cry at the same time. It was very gentle, but tremendously moving. I watched all the episodes consecutively on Netflix. Couldn't stop myself. Thought the first episode was a little slow, but then it grabs you.

Tell a lie, it was on sky Atlantic not Netflix

• Haha 1

Just finished watching the seige of jadotville. Wow. Unbelievable how they treated those brave souls. I'd never ever heard of it before.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1