register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

newjez

what are you doing right now?

Throw some logs into your stove Bottler and enjoy it. :smile:

Yep. Like that old Aussie song from yonks back where the bloke is courting his mrs. " Chuck another log on the fire baby, and come and tell how you love me so"

Not battles on this forum. Just the occasional skirmish.

...Bit of exaggeration, a healthy dose of narcissism and some darn out right lies included. Not forgetting the weather report updates and faux empathy.

........eeeeeeee flag........:eek:

........perceptions....!

........and many enjoy reading about the weather in areas different to their own...

........faux empathy in whose eyes....?

Sitting here wondering if I really want to continue contributing to this forum any more as I am so over the negative arseholes who have turned what used to be a very helpful forum into such a nasty place to be at times. We are all different in our views and opinions and that is what makes life so wonderful ... but there are some people on this forum who just think their own views are the only ones worth anything and they are so rude and insulting to people who have other views.... so over the the nastiness and vicious posts from these posters who have no idea that we are all different and are entitled to the views that we have come to through our life experiences. But I am guessing those that this cap fits will not recognise it. There are so many wonderful people on this forum, but the feral minority are ruining it for us all. No wonder so many people do not post on here any more as they are so sick of being attacked verbally for having different opinions and values.

I can honestly say going out on a branch, that I have never come across anyone of that description on this forum. There are of course the narcissists, slightly deluded, the dullards, self absorbed, bigoted, complex cases, lonely, bored, fantasists, faux nice, bubble inhabiting, those that bleed incisively with the slightest scratch and darn right, but arseholes I think not. Just because some are pulled up in the sense of being held to account for self proclamations doesn't make abusive terms any more relevant. A forum is surely about expressing diverse opinion and enter the political area this should be expected surely to go with the territory. No one is attacked. They may be asked to explain or defend the reasoning of position proclaimed. A big difference. Some just do not want to be challenged.

By all means put those on ignore that upset you, as it would appear the easiest way to prevent the suffering such discourse seems to provoke in you.

........eeeeeeee flag........:eek:

........perceptions....!

........and many enjoy reading about the weather in areas different to their own...

........faux empathy in whose eyes....?

One man's fruit is another's fruit cake in a matter of speaking.

One man's fruit is another's fruit cake in a matter of speaking.

.........as long as we remember.....

.........fruit or fruitcake.....

.........it's the right of the chooser to champion it....!

.........lol.....making my Christmas cake now...

.........ready to poke the holes in the bottom regularly before Christmas for the brandy....

..........how apt your choice of words

You and I joined about the same time and we have posted a similar number of posts, which is hardly any in comparison to some posters, we have sadly seen so many posters come and go.

I agree with your post, I decided to hardly post any more a while ago, and stupidly posted again recently and should have known better because as usual it appeared I wasn't allowed by some to have my own say, but interpreted to suit their agenda.

I am saddened that a forum that has so much to offer by way of advice, support, good natured banter, seems to have been hijacked into a manly political forum, with very little respect for alternative views.

I realise yours and my post will evoke replies possibly of a negative nature, but I will do my best not to get involved any further, will continue to be a member, but think carefully about when or if to post.

ps in case my post isn't clear, it's wasn't intended as personal, I am referring to the way almost any poster who holds an alternative view is jumped on.

The easy solution would surely be simply to don't get involved in political threads and stay within comfort zone of help/advise/weather and the like.

You know she is talking about you.

I want it all, and I want it now.

.........as long as we remember.....

.........fruit or fruitcake.....

.........it's the right of the chooser to champion it....!

.........lol.....making my Christmas cake now...

.........ready to poke the holes in the bottom regularly before Christmas for the brandy....

..........how apt your choice of words

A raspberry on the top I trust. Or the champion to choose? Just keep the brandy well out of side till nearer the day. Otherwise we may well witness some of those alleged (by another poster) ' feral' posts. On second thoughts go ahead. Could be amusing....

A raspberry on the top I trust. Or the champion to choose? Just keep the brandy well out of side till nearer the day. Otherwise we may well witness some of those alleged (by another poster) ' feral' posts. On second thoughts go ahead. Could be amusing....

...........the champion to choose of course....

...........raspberry's not to everyone's taste...!

............no danger of sampling the brandy.....

............never liked it except to cook with....

............a nice drop of laphroaig with some apple juice more my choice.....

.............and amusing ..?

..............I certainly find the fun.....lol...

I can honestly say going out on a branch, that I have never come across anyone of that description on this forum. There are of course the narcissists, slightly deluded, the dullards, self absorbed, bigoted, complex cases, lonely, bored, fantasists, faux nice, bubble inhabiting, those that bleed incisively with the slightest scratch and darn right, but arseholes I think not. Just because some are pulled up in the sense of being held to account for self proclamations doesn't make abusive terms any more relevant. A forum is surely about expressing diverse opinion and enter the political area this should be expected surely to go with the territory. No one is attacked. They may be asked to explain or defend the reasoning of position proclaimed. A big difference. Some just do not want to be challenged.

By all means put those on ignore that upset you, as it would appear the easiest way to prevent the suffering such discourse seems to provoke in you.

Do you ever look in the mirror? No didn't think so. I feel so sorry for you Flag... I feel so sorry for you that you are so unhappy and bitter and have to be so horrid to anyone who does not agree with your incredibly strange views on life.

Life is about living and giving and being generous and enjoying what others give to us... guessing that your negative attitude doesn't bring any of these lovely things to you. How very sad.

......Just trying to be helpful so don't shoot me down if my personal views do not coincide with yours! :animal-dog:

I wish there was an off button on emotions sometimes... life would be a lot less painful.

I wish there was an off button on emotions sometimes... life would be a lot less painful.

it does get easier when you get older Stacy ... I have found life blunts your emotions and nothing hurts as much as it did when I was younger ... I do hope you are alright ... Take Care ...

Do you ever look in the mirror? No didn't think so. I feel so sorry for you Flag... I feel so sorry for you that you are so unhappy and bitter and have to be so horrid to anyone who does not agree with your incredibly strange views on life.

Life is about living and giving and being generous and enjoying what others give to us... guessing that your negative attitude doesn't bring any of these lovely things to you. How very sad.

Well I don't feel any sympathy for you I'm afraid. You old enough to know the folly of what you subscribe to but it would appear unable to articulate the reasoning behind such thinking. Usually those with an international cv and lived in other countries tend to have a more open attitude and have found a comfort and interest in humanity around them.

I suspect you are rather lonely and looking for belonging that's fine many in that category. Best not though to attempt to make am amateur psychoanalyse on others whom you don't know and will never meet.

...........the champion to choose of course....

...........raspberry's not to everyone's taste...!

............no danger of sampling the brandy.....

............never liked it except to cook with....

............a nice drop of laphroaig with some apple juice more my choice.....

.............and amusing ..?

..............I certainly find the fun.....lol...

And then awake to the reality it was all but a dream.

... just sitting at a cafe having lunch by the Canning River with a group of good friends who are like-minded old farts, and having a gut roaring laugh at one of the nicest things I have seen in a while.... an adult pelican showing 3 juvenile pellies how to take off and land, over and over again. Reminded me of my days in the classroom with some of the slower students.... and oh the joy when they finally got it!

......Just trying to be helpful so don't shoot me down if my personal views do not coincide with yours! :animal-dog:

I read the rain gauge at 6 am (30 minutes ago) and 30 mm of rain for the last 24 hours. The forecasts have been for over 100 mm

Cheers, Bobj.

I read the rain gauge at 6 am (30 minutes ago) and 30 mm of rain for the last 24 hours. The forecasts have been for over 100 mm

Cheers, Bobj.

Only another 70 mm to go then :wink:

Jeremy Corbyn on the EU  " A European bureaucracy totally unaccountable to anybody"

Only another 70 mm to go then :wink:

That would not go astray in the hinterland, sadly though, the cane cockies are weeping buckets 'cos the rain has come in the middle of the harvest so they cannot get the cane off.

Cheers, Bobj.

Waiting. Making tea with the old trangia meths stove. And waiting some more. Son is mountain biking. And the You Yangs look wonderful ide66a10c5b267f7fbd6352c1694dd5a2.jpg0de9097bfadd6bd6e76b4a7232c959ff.jpgn the winter sunshine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From Kilmarnock, now in Melbourne :-)

Hey thought I would pop in and say hi properly this time!!

an unusual weekend day for me. I'm at home. Think that last happened a couple of years ago when we first moved to this house. Normally we are to be found out and about enjoying the delights of Perth and surrounds. OH and his mate are out in the garden doing manly things ie concreting foundations for gates. We had a pool put in the other week, so its all systems go in the back yard.

been nice catching up on the threads, seeing what everyone is upto.

Another exciting time for us coming up shortly is the chance to apply for Australian citizenship. Can't believe we've done 4 years, its been a friggen amazing time, loved it and know that there is plenty more good times to be had here in Perth

an unusual weekend day for me. I'm at home. Think that last happened a couple of years ago when we first moved to this house. Normally we are to be found out and about enjoying the delights of Perth and surrounds. OH and his mate are out in the garden doing manly things ie concreting foundations for gates. We had a pool put in the other week, so its all systems go in the back yard.

Another exciting time for us coming up shortly is the chance to apply for Australian citizenship. Can't believe we've done 4 years, its been a friggen amazing time, loved it and know that there is plenty more good times to be had here in Perth

SO good to hear from you ...

Happy days! Wow time flys when you're having fun. Glad to hear everything sounds like its going well fifi xx

''Don't bother searching for the light at the end of the tunnel.....march right up there and turn the b*stard thing on yourself.'' :wink:Sarah Millican

Waiting. Making tea with the old trangia meths stove. And waiting some more. Son is mountain biking. And the You Yangs look wonderful ide66a10c5b267f7fbd6352c1694dd5a2.jpg0de9097bfadd6bd6e76b4a7232c959ff.jpgn the winter sunshine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amazing!! This too is why we love Aus..remember why you came.. We love the outdoors and for us its about making the most of what nature and the weather has given us.

Wishing you the best out outcome in your health struggles xx