Guest scots-in-oz!

Official nurses thread!

Hi just to give you a bit of an realistic idea on timelines, I qualified back in April last year and am just applying for ANMAC skills assessment now (wanted to work for a bit first to save some cash/get some experience).

The professional reference that ANMAC require (demonstrating that you are a practicing Registered Nurse) has to be from a post that you have held for at least 3 months post-qualifying. Bearing in mind it takes about a month to get your pin from qualifying, it will be at the very minimum 4 months post-qualifying that you will be able to get a professional reference and submit your ANMAC paperwork, and at the moment the ANMAC skills assessments are taking up to 3-4 months to be processed.

You need the skills assessment before you can register your Expression of Interest for the PR visa, and from EOI to being granted your visa can take around 2 months, so is more likely to be nearer 10-12 months for the whole process, which should help when you do emigrate as then you will have a year of post-grad experience by then anyway

Several newly registered nurses have quoted on here that they have received positive outcomes from ANMAC assessments despite not holding the 3 months requirements. I would need to search to find these threads but I queried it with ANMAC and they did confirm that I could apply as soon as I am in receipt of my pin. I officially qualify in August and have 4 week break so hopefully my pin will arrive in September as hoped.

IELTS L9.0 R9.0 W8.0 S8.0 AHPRA 13.2.15 ANMAC LOD 31.3.15 Interview QLD Health Job offer & relocation package 30.3.15 189 PR applied 15.4.15 (medicals 7.5.15) CO contact 03.06.15 Visa Grant 06.07.15

Heading to Townsville 16.9.15

Looking for a bit of advice. I qualified as a registered adult nurse in 2012, currently working in A&E. I know I need 3 years experience but wondering if I should apply for my visa after the 3 years or can I do it sooner? Any help please???

Why do you need 3 years experience? For a specific job you mean? You don't need 3 years experience to apply for a Visa x

Living in the UK... Hearts are in Australia...

IELTS: 23.01.16 ANMAC: 26.05.16 EOI: 27.06.16 Ahpra: 07.06.16 NSW Nomination: 10.06.16 Police Checks: 06.06.16 Medicals 11.06.16

Be kind to everyone... for everyone is fighting some sort of battle you know nothing about x

yes to both. You can present at any AHPRA office and yes you have 12 months to do so. I used Darwin but presented at Brisbane

Hi Nic, What was the process when you presented at Brisbane AHPRA please...did you have to make an appointment and did they need to see all the docs again?

Hows your new job going? Ive got on with HCA Healthcare which seems a good agency...I'll let you know when ive done some shifts :)

IELTS 8.5. ANMAC LOD received 16/06/13, EOL submitted 18/06/13. 189 Visa invite recieved 01/07/2013. Visa Lodged 05/07/13. Medicals completed and submitted 17/07/13, PCC cleared 08/07/13. 189 PR Visa granted 9th September 2013! AHPRA LOE recieved 15/11/13.

Flights booked for 30/06/14...The woodhouse clan are on their way! :biggrin:

Looking for a bit of advice. I qualified as a registered adult nurse in 2012, currently working in A&E. I know I need 3 years experience but wondering if I should apply for my visa after the 3 years or can I do it sooner? Any help please???

Hi Milly, perhaps the 3 year requirement is for a sponsored visa. Can you possibly get a 189 visa without the sponsorship? I think the majority of nurses can manage this with the IELTS test?

I will be going with 6-9 months experience.

IELTS L9.0 R9.0 W8.0 S8.0 AHPRA 13.2.15 ANMAC LOD 31.3.15 Interview QLD Health Job offer & relocation package 30.3.15 189 PR applied 15.4.15 (medicals 7.5.15) CO contact 03.06.15 Visa Grant 06.07.15

Hi.

I am looking for any tips I can find. (Nursing)

We are in the process of getting everything in place to register an EOI for a 189 visa in NSW. We (think) we know all the steps, and the way things work appears to be sequential. This is:

• Complete IELTS with a good score (not available until Late Feb, as it was 'closed' in January)
  • Complete online ANMAC application (with all documents needed)
  • Register with APHRA
  • Register EOI

(July 1st - is possible again to submit EOI)

We have the roughest of ball park time estimates for this:

IELTS results - mid March

ANMAC application - mid to late July

APHRA - late August

EOI - to invitation to apply for a visa? - This seems that this could be between 3-6 months

This means we could get a visa before the end of 2014 - but it could be next year, February or March.

Ideally we could do with being there sooner, as our eldest daughter starts high school (September 2014 in the UK, or February 2015 in NSW)

So - does anyone have any tips which might seem obvious to you, that could streamline this process? Budget limitations restrict us to not using an agent.

Thanks in advance!

Matthew

Moved to Sydney.

We aren't applying to aphra until we have the visa otherwise if we don't get the visa or fail the medical we haven't waisted money on APHRA application.

We need all that aphra stuff to get the visa, as we have 3 kids, and need a 189 visa (PR, otherwise would have to pay for schools) - i think that's the case anyway.

Always risk.. but the visa itself will cost us £6k - so that's the biggest expense

Moved to Sydney.

we are applying for a 189 also but its a positive Anmac assessment you need for the visa. The Aphra is so you can work (like NMC here). I'm doing my Aphra after Anmac.

IELTS Jan 14, ANMAC submitted 7/2/14, AHPRA submitted 17/4/14, ANMAC positive skills assessment 20/5/14. EOI 20/5/14, 189 visa lodged 3/6/14, Ahpra approval 16/8/14,

PCCs 22/8/14, medicals 2/9/14. VISA GRANTED 7/9/14. Left UK Adelaide bound 5/11/14:jiggy:

I will be doing Aphra alongside the visa application. IELTS August, ANMAC Sept/Oct APHRA/189 Jan/Feb time. Hopefully everything will be through by Easter but we are aiming to move in August in school holidays.

It is only ANMAC you need for the visa APHRA is completely separate and not part of the visa process just to work as a nurse. You could go out without aphra and work in a coffee shop if you wanted on the 189, that's the visa we are applying for and had a phone consultation with a migration agent. I was worrying that we would arrive and not find work and then not be able to pay the bills. She said with 189 we can work anywhere. Obviously I want to work as a nurse but needed the peace of mind.

It's a mine field. Really helpful people on here though. Good luck. We have been waiting months for papers from Uni etc to start the skills assessment. If all goes smoothly I think dec jan will be the earliest!

For QLD state sponsorship (190) I had to have AHPRA too. When ANMAC have finished with the paperwork ask them to send them to an APHRA office of your choice as this will reduce duplication and in my experience was quick, AHPRA only took 2 weeks.

Sam I don't think I made an appointment, just turned up during office hours. I had to show passport, bank statement with caravan park address where I was staying, rental agreement from caravan park even though only staying there for 4 weeks!, and I think I took my letters from ANMAC and visa letters, they took numerous photocopies and that was it! Told I could work from then though official paperwork took about 2 weeks to arrive.

2012 IELTS 26/5 ANMAC 27/10 2013 LOD 14/03 AHPRA 08/05 LOE 30/05 EOI for QLD SS submitted and invited (same day) 30/05 190 Visa lodged 11/06 Medicals 29/06 CO allocated 12/7 PCC 23/7 extra docs 18/8 VISA GRANTED 23/8! Flights booked 10 Sept Brisbane bound! :jiggy:

[Hi Matthew, like others have said you do not need AHPRA for the visa, that's just to register as a Nurse & to start working. You can do that later. I would wait until after you have received your visa as APHRA only takes a couple of weeks as long as your wife has all the correct paper work. The anmac which is what you need of the visa is taking around 16 weeks at the mo. I have been here working as a nurse for 5 months now and I have a friend who has just received her anmac back and it was 16 weeks. We also got a PR visa because we have 2 children and thought it was a safer option. You don't have to pay for state schools but don't think you get help with health care/centrelink ect if you don't have a Pr visa so I think that is a good option for your family. Get yourself booked in for the IELTS as soon as possible, results take 2 weeks and if passed get straight off for anmac assessment. Then put in your EOI then they will talk you through each step you need to do if you get invited to apply. Then I would do AHPRA after your visa granted as it doesn't take long. We also didn't use an agent to save on the money. If you have all the paper work ready to go then it is possible you could get there before school starts. Good luck

QUOTE=Matthewroberts;1936424592]Hi.

I am looking for any tips I can find. (Nursing)

We are in the process of getting everything in place to register an EOI for a 189 visa in NSW. We (think) we know all the steps, and the way things work appears to be sequential. This is:

• Complete IELTS with a good score (not available until Late Feb, as it was 'closed' in January)
  • Complete online ANMAC application (with all documents needed)
  • Register with APHRA
  • Register EOI

(July 1st - is possible again to submit EOI)

We have the roughest of ball park time estimates for this:

IELTS results - mid March

ANMAC application - mid to late July

APHRA - late August

EOI - to invitation to apply for a visa? - This seems that this could be between 3-6 months

This means we could get a visa before the end of 2014 - but it could be next year, February or March.

Ideally we could do with being there sooner, as our eldest daughter starts high school (September 2014 in the UK, or February 2015 in NSW)

So - does anyone have any tips which might seem obvious to you, that could streamline this process? Budget limitations restrict us to not using an agent.

Thanks in advance!

Matthew

Thanks! That's kind of what we thought, but we didn't want to find out tags we had missed some obvious things or ways to speed it up.

I was also getting Anmac and APHRA confused (doh!). I meant Anmac. How long did it take you from registering the EOI until visa granted?

Moved to Sydney.

you can look on some peoples signatures on pio , some occupations are getting visas 189 through in about 10 weeks

wannabe Adelaide bound~ icu nurse

Acad IELTS Sept 13 : R7.5 W8.0 S9.0 L9.0, overall 8.5

ANMAC sent 15/11/13 => LOD 12/03/14

GEN IELTS March 14 : R8.0 W8.5 S9.0 L9.0, overall 8.5

need to apply EOi 189 , need to apply Ahpra ... :( who knows

Hi, I just thought that I would add, amnac was very plain sailing at about 14 weeks, however, I applied for aphra in mid august and the process has still not been started due to changes in their processes. Do not expect aphra to be quick for overseas nurse registration. Paul

:skeptical:IELTS 16/02/2013 9,8.5,8.5,7.5 overall 8.5, AMNAC submitted 08/04/2013, AMNAC LOD received 20/07/2013, APHRA acknowledgement date 12/08/2013

Hey Kyliedonut, they were fine about providing a professional ref as I had been there since last April, it was the thing I was most worried about as didn't want to look too cheeky asking for it too soon :wink:

Edited by lounrich

Yeah I'd be scared asking too quckly! Got to be done though! Good luck with your application

AHPRA lodged: 15/2/16 Registered: 7/3/16

ANMAC lodged: 11/2/16 received: 17/2/16

EOI (189) 65 points: 23/2/16 Invited: 8/3/16 Lodged: 9/3/16

UK and Aus PCC: 21/3/16 Medicals uploaded 22/3/16

Visa GRANTED! 4/4/16 Arrived Sept 2016 :)

Several newly registered nurses have quoted on here that they have received positive outcomes from ANMAC assessments despite not holding the 3 months requirements. I would need to search to find these threads but I queried it with ANMAC and they did confirm that I could apply as soon as I am in receipt of my pin. I officially qualify in August and have 4 week break so hopefully my pin will arrive in September as hoped.

You can complete the online application as soon as you get your pin, so in principle you can apply as soon as you are registered, but you won't be able to provide them with the supporting documentation they need to complete your application until you have sent them a professional reference.

I have sent my skills assessment off and it states in the guidelines they give about supporting documents (they send you a checklist once you have filled out the application online and paid your fee, you then send them the supporting docs by post) that they cannot accept professional references for posts held for under 3 months.

The checklist that ANMAC sent states: "All Applicants (Mandatory) need to meet minimum work experience (recency of practice) requirements. You must provide evidence of at least 3 months (full time equivalent) paid work experience as a nurse or midwife in the past 5 years"

I am not trying to discourage anyone to apply, just trying to provide a bit of useful information as I am currently going through this process at the moment.

Hi guys,

Can anyone help with my question? I'm a mental health nurse with nearly 2 years ex, I am planning on doing the IELTS soon. Once I have done this can I then apply to ANMAC even though I only have 2yrs post qualifying? the reason I'm asking is I have just made up 40 and am thinking of applying for the 190 visa once I have 3yrs ex, I was just wondering if I could get the ANMAC out the way once I have passed IELTS even though I wont have the 3yrs ex to apply for the visa until next year, hope this makes sense? thanks in advance.

You don't need to wait until you have 3 years experience to apply for visa....it would only be if u needed the extra points

AHPRA lodged: 15/2/16 Registered: 7/3/16

ANMAC lodged: 11/2/16 received: 17/2/16

EOI (189) 65 points: 23/2/16 Invited: 8/3/16 Lodged: 9/3/16

UK and Aus PCC: 21/3/16 Medicals uploaded 22/3/16

Visa GRANTED! 4/4/16 Arrived Sept 2016 :)

Hi,

yeah I will need to wait the three years before I apply for visa for the extra five points as I have already turned 40. I am just confused with the ANMAC and was wondering if I could apply for that when I have passed the IELTS? if this is the case then when I have the three years ex I then apply for the visa. I have had it in my head I will have to wait until I have 3years ex before I can apply to ANMAC and then for the visa if I have positive skills assessment.