Official nurses thread!

Guest scots-in-oz!

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Post office tracking service air sure is great. .I used them n can track it all the way..got their in few dayz..cheap too..heard few ppl on here say they were pleased with their service. .my documents were certified on front of copy

thankyou lorna

Hi gang..I've just been looking into aged care facility management in the Brisbane area, a recruiter friend looked over my C.V and said I should look to apply as I have lots of key experience in this area...have you guys got any experiences of aged care facilities in OZ compared to UK?

I'm also wondering if its seen as positive in terms of experience if I was to be successful in an aged care position and then decided to go back into hospital setting/ acute medicine...I know here in UK nursing homes are not seen positively in terms of experience when recruiting (a view I totally disagree with, personally I think if your a good care of the elderly nurse, you've got the fundamental skills to care for any group of patients)

I'm keen to hear your thoughts?

Sam x

I am a nurse and so is my partner. I am the main visa applicant as slightly younger, going for PR.

Do we both need the skills assessment with ANMAC or just me?

Does she just need to register with APHRA once visa granted, so she can work?

Does she also need the IELTS?

thank you

If your not claiming for partner skills then she doesnt need anmac..just ahpra to practice..she can register with them anytime but must complete registration In person within a year.. . If she has a British passport and taught in english she wont need ielts for ahpra or visa

I am a nurse and so is my partner. I am the main visa applicant as slightly younger, going for PR.

D

o we both need the skills assessment with ANMAC or just me?

thank you

Do we both need the skills assessment with ANMAC or just me?

thank you

She will need AHPRA registration too.. Not sure if she will need ANMAC. Wouldn't have thought so if your the main applicant.

:-)

I had a feeling she might not need to, she took the ielts and just missed the writing by 0.5 and has it booked again for 9th Nov.

I understood ANMAC was just for migration,she is born and taught English with degrees and masters done at Leeds.

So if she only needs APHRA it's best she waits until nearer the end of the visa process?

So APHRA definitely don't need IELTS?

When you say complete the registration in person within a year how? We would hope to apply for jobs this end to have jobs to go to when we arrive.

So as the main applicant it's only my skills being assessed, she is my de facto partner, but can still apply and nurse with just APHRA?

Yes can nurse with just ahpra..definately dont need ielts if you can prove 5 yrs of being taught in english..school or uni...you apply to ahpra and when they have asessed you..if successful..takes about 8 weeks..they then send you a letter of eligibility. .you then need to take this to the ahpra office in person and that completes registration for you to practice..

I have found so much better jobs now im here than I did before I came..I took the only job I could get as from the uk it didnt look like there was much to choose from but now im here ive had so many offers and im leaving the job i came out for..for much better one after just couple of months..so you may not find much from uk search..being here opens up more opportunities. .also if you can tell employer you have letter of eligibility it goes in your favour..

Yes..thats where my new job is. ..but I couldn't get a job with them before I came out. .couldnt even get an interview..but once i got here and applied again I got offered 2! So you can apply but their difficult to get. I would try and cancel ielts..some places give refunds

No refund as not cancelled for medical reasons but at least we didn't both apply to ANMAC throwing $850 down the drain.

It is a minefield out there. Getting to grips with it a bit more.

thanks for the advice and prompt replies.

till the next hurdle......

I have found so much better jobs now im here than I did before I came..I took the only job I could get as from the uk it didnt look like there was much to choose from but now im here ive had so many offers and im leaving the job i came out for..for much better one after just couple of months..so you may not find much from uk search..being here opens up more opportunities. .also if you can tell employer you have letter of eligibility it goes in your favour..

thats good to know , congratulations in your new job x

My wife has received her LOD from ANMAC today so very excited. She qualified in 2009 as a staff nurse and that is the date ANMAC have used as the start of her skilled occupation. But my wife has been working at the hospital since 2000 in various roles including her training period. Does anyone know if this longer period will count as work experience for DIBP as we need the points for the 189 visa?

hi , have been searching for current 2013/2014 payscales for adelaide - south australia nurses but all i can find us links to old payscales. does anyone have info or link for current wages please? also is there a website / link that compares wages for nurses in each state?

Archived