Official nurses thread!

Guest scots-in-oz!

Hi,

thanks for the info, I will look into the sites that you have given. I will concentrate on NSW and Melbourne which is where I would move with family over there. Any info and advice would be gratefully received. LD Nurses are hard to find over there.

cheers

​Paul

http://www.sjog.org.au/other_services/accord_-_disability_services/news/new_facility_planned.aspx

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys!

Recently been offered an RMN job in perth and commencing the 457 application.

can someone enlighten me on three things,

1) am I right I need to register with Medicare prior to lodging visa application online

2) can I go ahead and arrange to complete medical examinations (with one of the suitable clinics listed)now or is this requested after iv lodged my visa application.

3) for qualifications, do I need certified copies of GCSE's or just my diploma/degree? Do I also need evidence of CPD for the 457 visa?

I know the requirements are a little different to AHPRA but I just want to make sure I'm lodging everything right the first time round cheers

laura

You need to prove you have insurance to cover start of your stay, I got bupa and will get Medicare sorted when I get there, don't think you can do it before...then scanned bupa confirmation letter to application.

Medical results are done electronically, once you have lodged your application you book medical with the trn number you are assigned, you give that to the medical place and they upload your results directly onto your profile for it to be reviewed. You have 28 days from lodging application to getting all documents required uploaded.

For qualifications I just scanned my nursing degree, didn't certify it as it was a scanned original.

got 457 within a few days of the medical results being uploaded. Good luck

Hey guys!

Recently been offered an RMN job in perth and commencing the 457 application.

can someone enlighten me on three things,

1) am I right I need to register with Medicare prior to lodging visa application online

2) can I go ahead and arrange to complete medical examinations (with one of the suitable clinics listed)now or is this requested after iv lodged my visa application.

3) for qualifications, do I need certified copies of GCSE's or just my diploma/degree? Do I also need evidence of CPD for the 457 visa?

I know the requirements are a little different to AHPRA but I just want to make sure I'm lodging everything right the first time round cheers

laura

Guest lulum1986

Hi just out of interest, all of you who have been saying you have got jobs in oz. are you thinking this as a permanent position in Oz or on a WHV?

also I sent my AHPRA application off middle of may, how would I know if they have received it because on the Royal Mail website it just says package has been delivered to Australia?

Hi,

Usually once your application has been received you get an email of acknowledgment from AHPRA. If on the royal mail website it says its been delivered to Australia then that usually means it's reached the destination. Good luck with your application.

Hi just out of interest, all of you who have been saying you have got jobs in oz. are you thinking this as a permanent position in Oz or on a WHV?

also I sent my AHPRA application off middle of may, how would I know if they have received it because on the Royal Mail website it just says package has been delivered to Australia?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Guest lulum1986

Still haven't had confirmation of AHPRA but I have had money taken out of my account with the description AHPRA so I'm guessing that's the confirmation lol.

Hi all, can someone please clear this up for me! I've heard that to be sponsored in Australia (experienced dual qualified nurse/midwife) you need substantial savings prior to going, i.e around £10k. Surely this can't be true?!? I'd be leaving my job here for a job there and whilst I expect everything to be extremely expensive, it's surely not a requirement to have that kind of money tucked away in order to be sponsored??

Im being sponsored and didn't require to have any savings x

Hi all, can someone please clear this up for me! I've heard that to be sponsored in Australia (experienced dual qualified nurse/midwife) you need substantial savings prior to going, i.e around £10k. Surely this can't be true?!? I'd be leaving my job here for a job there and whilst I expect everything to be extremely expensive, it's surely not a requirement to have that kind of money tucked away in order to be sponsored??

Hi. May I ask if anybody here underwent the ONP to become a UK nurse and is now seeking registration with AHPRA?

Hi there are many Indian nurses (including my wife) who completed supervised placement (previous version of ONP) to gain UK registration and now registered with AHPRA and working in Australia.

......mansawant

I start with New South Wales health as a nurse next month and will be starting on 58000 a year x

Hi everyone!

How does a rate of 31AUD/hour sound for a position as a registered nurse in a private nursing home?....or 55000 AUD/year plus 16500 AUD salary packaging?....does it sound reasonable?...thanks!

I have looked for some information as to what the 'salary packaging' includes but am unable to. Can anyone shed any light on this please? Thanks :)

Hi

Depends on the company that you work for as to what is salary packaged. I'm with Maxxia through a public hospital and do the novated car lease, rent and meal/entertainment card:

http://www.maxxia.com.au/salary-packaging/what-can-i-salary-package

Hi, I'm Emma, i hope you dont mind me commenting on this thread, im a midwife, with one years experience. I've just been invited to apply on a permanent visa, I have 6 children and am hoping to come to Brisbane. Been a long journey so far, I sold my house last year and its taken me four attempts to pass the ielts test with 8's, was .5 off each time.

Hi folks

Could someone please tell me how long the current waiting is for ANMC, im going crazy waiting to get a positive skills assessment so I can get the ball rolling! they received my documents beginning of April!

i would have thought it should be through anytime now...... well within next 2 weeks anyway. I received an email today actually, as i requested them to forward doc to Aphra when they have finished. They stated there is a backlog still and it is currently taking up to 12 weeks. They also have a public holiday on Monday the 10th!

They did say also that the assessor will provide updates regarding the progress. If you have not received an update after all that time send an email to them....heres the address international@anmac.org.au or ring them ....T +61 2 6257 7960. your paying for the service after all, wont harm. Dont forget to quote your REF no. Good luck, mines only been a few weeks so far grrrr xx

Hi all, Am looking to send off my Aphra forms this week using Royal Mail Airsure

but am confused to which address I send to, the Box address or the physical

address. Those who have used Airsure please help. thanx.

Archived