Official nurses thread!

Guest scots-in-oz!

Guest lulum1986

When I send my AHPRA form off next week can I fill out the slip at the bottom with my bank details and they just take payment from my bank?

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the advice, didn't know that was possible! Any banks you recommend? If not, could you name a few... I am not familiar with any aha! Also, AHPRA have just taken the registration funds from my account meaning they have received all my documents and my application form - BONUS. Now just awaiting to see if they require any additional information in a letter which will probably arrive in a few weeks.

​Yay! :D

Hello,

I've just opened up an account with NAB which seems okay. I can't speak for any others though. I know of Westpac and HSBC, but if you do a search online I'm sure you'll find a few others. Setting up my account was all done online and the whole process only took about 10 mins - very easy! Just make sure that whichever bank you end up with, there's a branch local to where you're planning on living (sounds obvious I know, but I hadn't thought about it until a relative in Australia pointed it out to me!).

Just wanted to say hi :) I'm currently training to be a nurse, haven't been on the forum for a while as we had the decision of myself training to be a nurse in Australia or here in the UK and UK won (sadly lol) because of various reasons. (Including childcare and training prices) so been busy. I hope to gain some valuable knowledge from all registered nurses who have already made or making the move :) x

Congratulations to PIO member Generalis who has finally secured a role as an EN after having to work as an AIN since qualifying. Three other appropriate positions were also given to EN's who were having to work as AIN's here in Brisbane...........others are not so lucky yet.

Whether this is due to a subtle shift in Campbell Newman's/Qld Health's current policies, remains to be seen. Anecdotal evidence has it that some of the "natural wastage" of RN's are being replaced by EN's

Guest genorm

You need to get an International license before leaving UK.

Also, anyone know whether I can use my UK driving licence in Sydney? How would I go about setting this up? Thanks for the bank advice!

Guest genorm

Apologies. I've been back in UK too long :smile:

Exactly what I thought, the previous post threw me a bit, but pleased u corrected it. :-)

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to get my head around the costs and processes involved for emigrating today so I can mentally prepare for the next 18 months living on the bread line... lol. Can anyone find fault or mistakes??? Is this the right order to do things?

I am hoping to apply for a 189 PR Visa. There are 2 adults 3 children (At time of app aged 11,9 and 4)

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]IELTS Fee

[/TD]

[TD=width: 86]£135.00

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Uni transcripts cost

[/TD]

[TD]£10.00 (uni of notts)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]fee to countersign docs

[/TD]

[TD]£25.00

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]fee for posting

[/TD]

[TD]£25.00

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]ANMAC Fee

[/TD]

[TD]£552.00

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]VISA

[/TD]

[TD]£1,990.00

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]My Medical

[/TD]

[TD]£330.00

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]DH Medical

[/TD]

[TD]£260.00

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]DD1 Medical

[/TD]

[TD]£190.00(age over 11)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]DS1 Medical

[/TD]

[TD]£75.00(age under 11)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]DS2 Medical

[/TD]

[TD]£75.00(age under 11)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]ACPO Me

[/TD]

[TD]£35.00

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]ACPO DH

[/TD]

[TD]£35.00

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]APHRA Fee

[/TD]

[TD]£293.00

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Is this about right or have I forgotten anything??? TIA

Ive just sent Aphra and authorised a apyment for £360 but not sure if it all comes out now or I pay so much now and so much when we get there. Theres also a fee of £34 for NMC to send for verification to Anmac/Ahpra

Ive just sent Aphra and authorised a apyment for £360 but not sure if it all comes out now or I pay so much now and so much when we get there. Theres also a fee of £34 for NMC to send for verification to Anmac/Ahpra

Yep , they take the full lot! And they r quick to take the payment too!! Lol.

Thankyou NMC £34 added to my list!

Iv put it in order so when the savings match I can colour co-ordinate so I can see how the savings are matching it. I also have added to this list 2 months rent, deposits, flight tickets x 5, food, etc etc etc and it comes to £12k!!! Going to be a lot of beans on toast in our house! Plus on top of this we would like a buffer!!!

Thats assuming all goes well first time too! Ive been to magistrates 3 times now at a cost of £25 per visit, paid for 2 NMC verifications as my yearly renewal came up during process so needed an extra one (wtf!) and because Im too inpatient to wait for state sponsorhip Ive now paid for 3 Ielts! Its monopoly money!

Its quite scary to think what we could buy if we were actually staying in the UK... I am sure by the time we have finished we will need in the region of 20k and that's staying in a granny annexe with someone for the first 4 weeks and our first 6 month rental being in a cheap property about $400 a month! Its a dramatic step down from what we currently have however, we keep telling ourselves in the long run hopefully things should work out better for us. Most our spends go's on days out because its raining here or a trip our for dinner because its too cold to go outside! Hopefully Oz will be slightly different... For starters we couldn't afford to eat out till the kids leave home hehe.

Think positive! That's what I keep telling myself...

Id love QLD but at the moment its questionable whether the job situation will work... I'm thinking its 18-24 months away yet and if there is a will there is a way. I will only give up on QLD if I don't have even a hint of a job by Autumn 2015.

How about you?

Ditto. I keep hearing horror stories of how theres redundancies but I also know a few girls nursing there already and theyve found jobs no problem. Im really willing to do anything and start bottom of ladder again. Particularly like the Gold Coast, initially wanted North Brisbane but think GC best for my 16 yr old son (will be 17 in Jan). Can I be cheeky and ask where you have found rentals for $400 a month? Most I have looked at are that a week though must admit its more coastal Im looking at

Archived