Official nurses thread!

Guest scots-in-oz!

HI THERE EVERYONE!! I am new to this forum and I hope anyone of you knows how to deal with this issue. You see our hospital won't issue a referrence letter with a letter head. I am very much bothered by this because ANMAC had told me to secure another one with the official letter head of the hospital. I approached the nursing directress once again and they still won't have my referrence letter on a letter head since they consider it as a personal document from the supervisor who made the reference letter. My agent from oz also can't understand how the hospital won't provide us such document. I really don't know what to do. Another prob was my IELTS result. It was sent last january and ANMAC emailed my agent that they haven't received it. However, I clearly remembered checking on DHL that the packaged was signed by ANMAC. I've read posts of losts documents to ANMAC that applicants need to resend them once again. I hope and pray that everything goes well.

That is weird! Have u asked your HR department?..or do they need more of a personal reference? I got one from HR as I wasn't ready 2 tell my manager I was leaving at that point, although that was for ahpra so might be different criteria. Hope u get it sorted :) do u have another copy of ielts? I got one sent straight over n one sent to me...I ended up sending my one too as they said they didn't get first one..you'll get there in the end..I know it's frustrating, ;) xx

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lulum1986

That's so exciting. My friend is a solicitor not a notary public can he still sign my documents?

Guest lulum1986

Also people have been saying they have copied like 15 documents I have much more than this? Like all Cerys from school, college, Uni, I have had three jobs in 5 years as I currently have two now so all stuff from that, went to two units so got two transcripts. One of the transcripts alone is about 10 pages. So I'm really confused now as to what needs to be signed??

​also I don't even know what a notary public is of justice of the peace??

Also people have been saying they have copied like 15 documents I have much more than this? Like all Cerys from school, college, Uni, I have had three jobs in 5 years as I currently have two now so all stuff from that, went to two units so got two transcripts. One of the transcripts alone is about 10 pages. So I'm really confused now as to what needs to be signed??

​also I don't even know what a notary public is of justice of the peace??

Your local court can certify documents and done mine for free, some charge a small fee, you could phone them or google notary of public in your area, I done this first but they were too expensive for my liking so went to court. You could also phone local solicitors and ask if they are also notary's. I didn't have any Certs frm school, what do you need them for? You just need the school to confirm you we're taught in English, or a stat dec from you signed. And why two transcripts? Did you split your nurse training over 2 uni's? I only had transcripts from the uni I done training at not the other uni or college I attended. My only included Certs were my degree, so was just one, i sent few e learning modules but they were just print outs from computer so didn't need certified. Originals don't need certified. Your jobs just need to provide statement of service, just one page with few lines for that. Sit with ahpra guidelines and read and re read, that's what I done and everything was fine for me,follow it exactly. Also best to get too many bits of paperwork certified than not enough! Good luck, it feels like a mountain to climb but take your time n you'll figure it all out :) xx

I have been qualified for 3 years come Nov, work in an acute admissions unit, was hoping to get agency work rather than get a contract. However if opportunity arose that I could get offered sponsership I would take it. :)

This is what I am hoping for. Although I would have to investigate the ins and outs of what sponsorship entails... Probably in most cases, full-time work for 3 years then 'set free' again. I hate contracts.

What sort of prices you guys getting for flights in September? I found some for £500-600 (One way).

I have to say, the thing I am most anxious about is setting up a bank account and getting my money from the UK into Australia! Wish I could get something set up now!

I have to say, the thing I am most anxious about is setting up a bank account and getting my money from the UK into Australia! Wish I could get something set up now!

From what I can gather, it's not difficult to do that. If you're planning on going in September, it'd be a good idea to set one up now and then you can start building up a credit rating. You can apply online in the UK and once in Australia you show your ID at the bank and then pick up your bank cards and PIN numbers etc.

From what I can gather, it's not difficult to do that. If you're planning on going in September, it'd be a good idea to set one up now and then you can start building up a credit rating. You can apply online in the UK and once in Australia you show your ID at the bank and then pick up your bank cards and PIN numbers etc.

Thanks for the advice, didn't know that was possible! Any banks you recommend? If not, could you name a few... I am not familiar with any aha! Also, AHPRA have just taken the registration funds from my account meaning they have received all my documents and my application form - BONUS. Now just awaiting to see if they require any additional information in a letter which will probably arrive in a few weeks.

​Yay! :D

Guest lulum1986
Your local court can certify documents and done mine for free, some charge a small fee, you could phone them or google notary of public in your area, I done this first but they were too expensive for my liking so went to court. You could also phone local solicitors and ask if they are also notary's. I didn't have any Certs frm school, what do you need them for? You just need the school to confirm you we're taught in English, or a stat dec from you signed. And why two transcripts? Did you split your nurse training over 2 uni's? I only had transcripts from the uni I done training at not the other uni or college I attended. My only included Certs were my degree, so was just one, i sent few e learning modules but they were just print outs from computer so didn't need certified. Originals don't need certified. Your jobs just need to provide statement of service, just one page with few lines for that. Sit with ahpra guidelines and read and re read, that's what I done and everything was fine for me,follow it exactly. Also best to get too many bits of paperwork certified than not enough! Good luck, it feels like a mountain to climb but take your time n you'll figure it all out :) xx

So any original printouts I don't need certified? Like I have printed out certificates that I have had from work?? Also I have printed the reference, statement of service etc, as my manager emailed it to me? Also from my other job the same, it's a print out. Yes I went to two unis? D I need every page of the transcript signed? Cos one of them is about 20 pages or is that just main page? They told me to just send my GCSEs as that proves I speak fluent English? I haven't got a transcript from school??? Do I need that??

Guest lulum1986

To prove your identity to AHPRA isit just your passport and driving licence you need? Or do you need something with your address aswell??

So any original printouts I don't need certified? Like I have printed out certificates that I have had from work?? Also I have printed the reference, statement of service etc, as my manager emailed it to me? Also from my other job the same, it's a print out. Yes I went to two unis? D I need every page of the transcript signed? Cos one of them is about 20 pages or is that just main page? They told me to just send my GCSEs as that proves I speak fluent English? I haven't got a transcript from school??? Do I need that??

every page on transcript to be signed, mines was about 12 pages..your gcse results has to state you were taught in English, sometimes results aren't enough if not indicated it was taught in English....print outs are fine and don't need to be certified but your statement of service would be best to be on headed paper and if its original your sending it doesn't need to be certified..although you would be better keeping the original and sending copy...you don't need transcript for school

To prove your identity to AHPRA isit just your passport and driving licence you need? Or do you need something with your address aswell??

I was told I didn't need proof of address but I sent utility bills with my address on anyway just to be safe..always bette to send to much than not enough if u can x

Also the statement needs to be signed by your manager, I sent the original copy, make sure it's on letter headed paper, just get a letter from your secondary school stating you we're taught and assessed in English full time for 5years, stating the dates, that's all I sent, I sent no GCSE results.

Also do we need anything about immunisations?

nothing about immunisations for ahpra but you will be asked for this when you get a job by your employer, New South Wales health wanted all my vaccination details and I had to get the whooping cough vaccine as it was the only one I hadn't had as they don't do it in uk as standard. Have you completed the application form yet, when do you plan on sending it off?

Xx

Guest lulum1986
Also the statement needs to be signed by your manager, I sent the original copy, make sure it's on letter headed paper, just get a letter from your secondary school stating you we're taught and assessed in English full time for 5years, stating the dates, that's all I sent, I sent no GCSE results.

sorry for the million questions, I just rang the school and they were really excited for me lol. They are doing the letter now, so I won't need to send the GCSE results now?

Guest lulum1986
nothing about immunisations for ahpra but you will be asked for this when you get a job by your employer, New South Wales health wanted all my vaccination details and I had to get the whooping cough vaccine as it was the only one I hadn't had as they don't do it in uk as standard. Have you completed the application form yet, when do you plan on sending it off? Xx

well I was sending it off tomorrow but I can't go to the courts to get it singed now till thurs. so if I catch the post I will send it then as I'm going to send it through air sure in the post office xx

Guest lulum1986

Yeah your school only has to write a letter...mine wouldn't do one so I had to do ielts x
omg that's harsh :(

Guest lulum1986

Should I send the NMC letter now as I would be sending the AHPRA one next thurs xx

Archived