Official nurses thread!

Guest scots-in-oz!

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone, I'm going to Oz by next month to claim my AHPRA registration in Perth. Does anybody here have any idea of what other documents do I need to bring aside from my passport & eligibility letter? I just want to make sure that I have everything with me before going. Thanks.

this is what Ahpra have told me to arrive with "your letter, passport and visa and a document with your Australian address (e.g. bank statement)"

Hello everyone, I'm going to Oz by next month to claim my AHPRA registration in Perth. Does anybody here have any idea of what other documents do I need to bring aside from my passport & eligibility letter? I just want to make sure that I have everything with me before going. Thanks.

Guest lulum1986

I was going to stay in hostels first and go from there? My auntie lives in Sydney could I just use her address even if I'm not staying there?

yeah that would be ideal if you have an address you can use, other people on here have used temp addresses, im staying in staff accommodation for first 2 weeks and just plan to use that.. if i hadn't got that i was going to ask a friend if i could use theirs despite not going to be living there..maybe someone else who has been through it can advise us further..

I was going to stay in hostels first and go from there? My auntie lives in Sydney could I just use her address even if I'm not staying there?

Guest lulum1986
yeah that would be ideal if you have an address you can use, other people on here have used temp addresses, im staying in staff accommodation for first 2 weeks and just plan to use that.. if i hadn't got that i was going to ask a friend if i could use theirs despite not going to be living there..maybe someone else who has been through it can advise us further..

​Ahhh ok thanks ill do that :)

Hey guys! I am a 23 murse, 1 year post grad and currently working in Neuro/Trauma.

I have just sent off all my AHPRA docs and have an agency ready to allocate me work in Australia Sydney. I have also joined an agency in the UK who also operate in Sydney (2 agencies...better than 1?!).

Anyone else planning to go September/January time? What are you guys going to do in regards to accommodation too? I can't see myself staying in a hostel.. pretty sure its gonna be a gumtree job! Do any local hospitals provide accommodation to agency workers?

​Dan :)

Hey guys! I am a 23 murse, 1 year post grad and currently working in Neuro/Trauma.

I have just sent off all my AHPRA docs and have an agency ready to allocate me work in Australia Sydney. I have also joined an agency in the UK who also operate in Sydney (2 agencies...better than 1?!).

Anyone else planning to go September/January time? What are you guys going to do in regards to accommodation too? I can't see myself staying in a hostel.. pretty sure its gonna be a gumtree job! Do any local hospitals provide accommodation to agency workers?

​Dan :)

Hi, I too am waiting to hear from AHPRA , as soon as I have that confirmed then I have an agency helping me find sponsor but I'm also in the process of applying for perm residence too,

We are hoping to be there by Oct - Jan time! Fingers crossed, we are keen on Brisbane and will be renting a house as we are a family of 4. Which agencies have you joined? I'm with plexus , but your right, 2 is better than one!

Hi guys, I have noticed a few people on here saying they are 'set up' with an agency for when-they arrive in Sydney. Can I just say please be aware that agency work is not the best at the moment. I am in two agencies and have been working for over six weeks now. I have been allocated over thirty shifts and have only worked 6.....Most of which were last minute ones......I have tried to ask about short term contract etc, but here just isn't any though agencies. Possibly a permanent position through a hospital is the way to go for you guys, unless you want the flexibility., but that might mean not so much work.....Good luck guys :-)

Hi guys, I have noticed a few people on here saying they are 'set up' with an agency for when-they arrive in Sydney. Can I just say please be aware that agency work is not the best at the moment. I am in two agencies and have been working for over six weeks now. I have been allocated over thirty shifts and have only worked 6.....Most of which were last minute ones......I have tried to ask about short term contract etc, but here just isn't any though agencies. Possibly a permanent position through a hospital is the way to go for you guys, unless you want the flexibility., but that might mean not so much work.....Good luck guys :-)

Hi what agency are you with?

Yo guys,

Im with yourworld nursing and with the nursing australian network too. I shall look up plexus :)

I am going to seek a permanent job once I arrive, agency is just there to provide me with some work to get me going. I know there have been some major cuts in budget over in Australia atm thus agencies have much less shifts forwarded to them. Failing getting work as a nurse, I'll just work as HCA or something. In the event of not finding work for a couple of months, I am going to save up as much as I can now.

Anyone know anything about setting up an australian bank account? Do we have todo this once we arrive in Oz or is there a way of doing it from here? If not... there is always paypal aha!

Yo guys,

Im with yourworld nursing and with the nursing australian network too. I shall look up plexus :)

I am going to seek a permanent job once I arrive, agency is just there to provide me with some work to get me going. I know there have been some major cuts in budget over in Australia atm thus agencies have much less shifts forwarded to them. Failing getting work as a nurse, I'll just work as HCA or something. In the event of not finding work for a couple of months, I am going to save up as much as I can now.

Anyone know anything about setting up an australian bank account? Do we have todo this once we arrive in Oz or is there a way of doing it from here? If not... there is always paypal aha!

I think a bank account is something you need to there in person., might be wrong! Good luck with your plans.. :-)

Guest lulum1986

When sending off for the AHPRA application can we send it recorded delivery? Did you all just send all the paper in a plain envelope. It just seems so much to send off arghhhh lol x

When sending off for the AHPRA application can we send it recorded delivery? Did you all just send all the paper in a plain envelope. It just seems so much to send off arghhhh lol x

Hi.. I sent mine off through DHL, they provide the cardboard envelope and its tracked and signed for at AHPRA on delivery. It cost me 34.00, but was there within 4days..

Guest lulum1986

Hi.. I sent mine off through DHL, they provide the cardboard envelope and its tracked and signed for at AHPRA on delivery. It cost me 34.00, but was there within 4days..
Ahh brilliant :) thank you very much. What about the form to send back to the NMC should I send that to the NMC the same time that I send the AHPRA form off?

Guest lulum1986

I just went on the DHL website for a browse and it said you have to be a business customer to send anything? If it is possible to send something do you have to go to a office to get it sent? Like the post office

Archived