Official nurses thread!

Guest scots-in-oz!

hey emma

Hiya yeah at least i know what my ward en-tales and yeah ill definitely send you a message when its all over, i'm sure it stick in the memory!!

and lulum86, my AHPRA from sending the application to receiving the letter saying id been approved took about 4 and a half months

sam

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello! I'm hoping to move in September 2013 too. You decided where you'll be living yet?

Do you have to be IV competent for the AHPRA assessment?

I've booked for my IELTS exam (in January) and once I've done that I was going to submit an EOI and apply for the AHPRA assessment at the same sort of time.

Guest lulum1986

Where r u from? I got told i dont have to do the exam just photocopy my GCSE's to prove I done english in school. Whats an EOI? Havent a clue. Prob definatly start of in sydney. No u dont have to be IV competent but they ask about mandotory training etc

For those of you who have done the APHRA applications did it take you a long time? Im looking to go to oz sept 2013. But ive been advised to do the application around march only because i havent done my IVs yet and havent long been qualified just to get a bit more experience under my belt. Xx

Hi Lulum

My AHPRA took just under 8 weeks from posting it to receiving my eligibility. I did do a lot of research before I sent it off to make sure I had everything they requested though. Also if you were taught and examined in English for 5 years or over you don't need to do the language tests, you do need to send certified copies of your GCSE and A-Level certs, You need a letter from you high school confirming the dates you attended and that you were taught and examined in English and your university transcript must state that you were taught and examined in English (you get the idea).

Off the top of my head I sent the following with my application

Certified copies of birth certificate, passport and utility bill for ID

Full CV detailing all roles, responsibilities since qualifying etc ( I can send you a template for this if you need) This also has to be signed by you and your manager.

CPD which has to cover last 5 years I think but I have only been qualified for 2. I also had to include training record from work as evidence. This was on letter headed paper and signed by me and my manager.

Certified copies of main GCSE and A-Level certificates

Letter from my high school to say I have been taught and examined in English

Certified copy of my Statement of entry for the NMC and of the MNC pin card

In addition to this I got a full university transcript stating the course, modules, hours of study and in practice and (yep you got it) language taught in. This was sent directly from the uni to AHPRA or you have to get the whole thing certified. Also you need to request the NMC send a verification of good practice you can request a form on the web site. For these last 2 I requested they were sent off a few days after I sent my application off as I have heard documents can get lost if they arrive before you application.

One other tip is that the bigger offices eg Sydney and Brisbane tend to have a backlog of applications so can take a lot longer to come through. I sent mine to Adelaide.

Hope this helps someone at least. Lol

Emma

hey emma

Hiya yeah at least i know what my ward en-tales and yeah ill definitely send you a message when its all over, i'm sure it stick in the memory!!

and lulum86, my AHPRA from sending the application to receiving the letter saying id been approved took about 4 and a half months

sam

Thanks Sam and good luck again :)

I'm from Cheshire, but am living in Brighton at the moment. You don't 'have' to do the IELTS exam (if you've had 5 years + education in English) however if you get a good score in the IELTS exam it can get you extra points for your visa. The IELTS exam is an internationally standardised test of English language proficiency. EOI is expression of interest. For certain visas you have to lodge an EOI before the state/employer will 'invite you' to apply for a visa.

Good luck with your application :biggrin:

Hi all,

just a quick question!

Am I right in understanding that you need to sit the IELTS first and send the results straight from the testing centre to the ANMAC before submitting an application? And if so, how do they know who you are, and what you want?

cheers, Mir.

Hi Emma - my husband a mental health nurse and has his interview in Glasgow on Thursday NWS too! I see you have your interview today and massive good luck with that!!! If you could feed back on what it was like that would be great and really helpful. The interview invite said to research at least 3 hosps that he would like to work in. I'm helping with researching cost of living, locations, commutes etc (can feel overwhelming). we are a family of 4 so really want to make sure that we cost things up okay so we dont end up in right financial pickle!! We have family in sydney so that is a massive pull but need to be sure we can afford housing/school fees etc. Good luck again for today!!!!

hiya emma,

I got the job Sydney 2013 here i come!! :-)

so excited right now!!

ive sent you a private message about the interview

sam

Thats brilliant news! My husband has an interview with NSW health in glasgow tomorrow too (mental health)! Any interview feedback would be gratefully received.... Congrats again!!!

Guest lulum1986

arghhhh I done my nurse training in two differen unis. I emailed one of them for the transcripts and one of them has got back to me saying £30 for the transcript lol. So it will prob be £60 now. hope everyone is good :)

arghhhh I done my nurse training in two differen unis. I emailed one of them for the transcripts and one of them has got back to me saying £30 for the transcript lol. So it will prob be £60 now. hope everyone is good :)

Thats good i only went to one uni and it cost me £200 to get my transcripts sent!!

sam

Guest lulum1986

Omg emma i cant believe it was that much. But yeah like you say when its for Oz then it doesnt seem to bad. You migrated there or WHV?

Omg emma i cant believe it was that much. But yeah like you say when its for Oz then it doesnt seem to bad. You migrated there or WHV?

Mine was only £10 but I have spoken to quite a few people that paid a lot more. The £200 Sam paid is the most I have heard though. I guess they can charge what they want as you have no choice but to pay it if you want to get registration. Def gonna be worth it in the end at any cost though. Does anyone know how much the medical's are? thats going to be the next big expense I think.

Mine was only £10 but I have spoken to quite a few people that paid a lot more. The £200 Sam paid is the most I have heard though. I guess they can charge what they want as you have no choice but to pay it if you want to get registration. Def gonna be worth it in the end at any cost though. Does anyone know how much the medical's are? thats going to be the next big expense I think.

Hi, medicals in Handsworth, Birmingham according to their website are as follows:

adult medicals (15 and over) = £285 (including medical, x-ray, and hiv test)

hep b = £35.00 hep c = £35.00 ( need hep b if in medical profession and hep c if multiple tattoos)

children aged 11-14 = £195.00 -medicals and x ray

children under 11 = £70.00 medicals only.

btw i paid about £20 for my uni transcript

best of luck

rob

Archived