Parley

Energy Drinks - How bad are they for your health.

I'm worried my son who is 20 is totally addicted to energy drinks.

He is always buying V and similar drinks and has probably at least 3 cans a day.

How bad are these drinks for him ?

Are they dangerous to be consuming every day ?

I want it all, and I want it now.

Guest Ptp113
I'm worried my son who is 20 is totally addicted to energy drinks.

He is always buying V and similar drinks and has probably at least 3 cans a day.

How bad are these drinks for him ?

Are they dangerous to be consuming every day ?

Have a look at his teeth then come back and report.........

As they were made for athletes who are into strenuous exercise I think they are very bad for ordinary people. My son's partner drinks a lot of them and I like you think, they are soooooooo bad for you.

Petals

:ssign15:taking no prisoners :wink:

As they were made for athletes who are into strenuous exercise I think they are very bad for ordinary people. My son's partner drinks a lot of them and I like you think, they are soooooooo bad for you.

I'm worried as they are very high in caffeine, sugar, guarana etc.

I don't think these are even intended for athletes, I don't know the point of them really.

I want it all, and I want it now.

I'd be worried too. Still, it could be worse, he could be smoking.

Best Newcomer 2013-14.

When of my colleagues use to drink a lot of red bull and ended up having a heart attack at 32 (I am sure plenty of other reason but he was a fit healthy sports playing guy). It is my scare story for people who like these drinks.

full of sugar and not good for your metabolism.... I like red bull but have it once in a blue moon

An oldie but a goodie,

Make him watch Super Size Me.

Then have a chat about the energy drinks.

Daves addicted to them too. I dont remember him drinking them when he was on the diggers but he started when he was on the trucks. Around at least 2 a day. I dont like him drinking them because i know theyre not good for you but cant stop him! Plus he really does need them for the ridiculous hours he has to do, when I was out with him that night I said i would of needed more than 2!

I know someone who drank 4 or 5 in one day and ended up in hospital

Pallycross im not reading all the other post ,ive actually tried to speak to my 13 yrs old about the dangers of them tonight , she tried to lecture me ! But my bosses son only 30 had a heart attack this yr, he was a healthy lad , played hard ect loved his sport ........now he is slowly on the mend after surgery ect ........(I need to confirm details as ive been off sick for weeks ) ..he supped these drinks Mother ,Wicked and all that crap ........so many young lads at work are drinking this crap from 5.30 am and throughout the day , it will kill some of them eventually as they are not sportsmen , they are kidding themselves ...................they should be banned imo ...PC talk some sense into your lad show him the dangers of this crap..........

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

Hubby used to drink V and energy drinks a couple of years ago; until he started having heart palpitations. Went to the doctor, who told him that it was the caffiene and he wasn't to drink them anymore, which he doesn't. Now he has one cup of iced coffee a day and that's it, water and milk the rest of the day. I have diet fizzy as a treat if we're out. I used to drink Diet Coke a LOT but it made me crave sugar a lot. Now I drink about three litres of water or cordial a day and feel way better for it.

309/100 visa lodged 04/02/2013, living in Aus since 01/07/2013, visa granted 02/09/2013!

I gave him a big lecture about them earlier. Says hes going to try cut down on them.. Hmm. Has one the start of his shift and then one in the morning when hes driving back from england.

I remember drinking vodka and redbull once, its really nice but it made me feel dodgy. Heart started racing so dont think i'll be doing that again

I think PC you should ask your son why he drinks them and investigate the reason behind it.Is it because he's going to bed too late and needs the energy fix to wake up during the day?Is it because he thinks they are the in thing atm and wants to keep up with the trends?I think if I started drinking those type of drinks,I'd have to wonder why I needed to?

When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix

Maybe hes at uni or college and feels he needs it to stay up later to study

They must have some powerful advertising, as my sons (11 and 12) are both asking for them. I've told them they are rubbish. When I used to train, I did use staminade, although much weaker than they recommend. But to be honest, diluted orange juice with a pinch of salt does the same thing, and it's a hell of a lot cheaper.

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!