register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

TurnersInOz

Removals insurance and one way travel insurance

Hi there.

We are about to make the big move a week on Sunday!

I am currently looking into removal insurance to cover our shipping container whilst in transit and some one way travel insurance for our family of five. We're doing a couple of stopovers, for 3-4 nights each, on the way. I've looked at the older posts but was wondering if anyone has had recent quotes or advice on either of these issues that they are willing to share. I have been quoted £400 by our removal company to cover up to £20'000.

Thanks in advance

Hi! Congrats on the big move! )

Don't know about removal insurance, haven't used one recently, but for travel insurance I have found a list of good companies, here it is - http://www.globespots.com/travelinsurance_uk.php

I recently travelled to Europe and used Globelink from this list, they were rather cheap and covered everything I needed, I think they do one way insurance. Hope this was helpful. Cheers! )

Hi TurnersinOz, we used Letton Percival for our insurance as they were cheaper than the removal company. Would be worth giving them a quick ring. Good luck with it all :)

189 Visa lodged all docs front loaded including medicals onshore 16.9.14... PR Visa granted 28.11.14...Yaaaay :smile:

I have moved your thread as it was posted in Insure Your Moves own forum and people had replied promoting other companies. Have a chat with John though from IYM he is a great guy and they cover sets something that I don't think Letton Percival does. So if you are shipping a sofa and two matching chairs and one of the chairs gets damaged then with ITM you can claim for a new sofa and two chairs, with most of the other insurance companies they would only replace the chair

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.