and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest familyfriendlyhomes.com.a

Short term accommodation Brisbane

Hi my name is Karen, my husband David and I own rental properties that we let on a short term basis in Brisbane Australia. Most of our business seems to be UK migrants - whilst they await their furniture by container or validate their visa, I just love helping in such a turbulent time in peoples lives, I love helping with advice on schools and where to buy a home (of course this is just because there seems to be no one helping migrants - we make our m :roll: :roll: oney from renting our homes).

How do I get in touch with UK migrants before they come over because they tell me they have found it very difficult to locate our website.

Should I speak with the migration agents? If so, how do I go about this?

P.S. the reason I started this business is that when my husband was transferred back to Brisbane 4 years ago & we could not find a furnished family home to rent whilst we found a permanent home. We have 3 boys and they nearly drove me crazy in a 2 bedroom unit in the city whilst I found a permanent home for us. It was crazy, I figured other families must be having the same trouble finding short term accommodation for families.

HELP! Any suggestions?

Kind regards,

Karen

http://www.familyfriendlyhomes.com.au

karen@familyfriendlyhomes.com.au

+61 7 38631010 home

+61 (0) 438631042 mobile

Guest shrek

This is a god start. Try posting on some other forums to. You will be surprised how many people read them!

:D

Thank you so much for your reply!

We are pretty busy for some weeks now, but have vacancies in September.

Brisbane has a 1.2% vacancy rate, this means it is incredibly difficult to find a rental. My experience is that migrants find it especially difficult because of the the Australian Real Estate Agents database for checking rental history.

karen@familyfriendlyhomes.com.au

Guest Libby1971

Highly recommended! Take a look at the webpage - Karen's houses are to die for!

I am about to go and stay in one! And Karen is very friendly and helpful - I have had a lovely chats adn emails from her so give it a go

Families love our homes because they can maintain normal family life and are living in a neighbourhood similar to that in which they will buy/rent (long term) in.

We go out of our way to make sure that when you stay at one of our houses it is your home, we know how important it is to "feel at home" - we have 3 children.

Kind regards,

Karen

Brisbane Australia

Guest PlatOz

Hi Karen,

I will add you to our database as a rental option for our corporate and family clients.

I wish you all the best

Tony (Director)

Platinum Relocations Australia

Hi Karen,

Are any of your properties in the Wellington Point/Cleveland area? We're looking for a short term (3 month) rental in August. Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks

Visa lodged 24/3. Assigned AB as CO 28/3/11. Goods shipped 20/7/11. House sold 25/7/11. Flights booked for 16/8/11. Visa approved 1/8/11!

Guest Guest31881

This thread is over 4 years old and the OP has not been on line since January 2007. I have closed the thread to avoid confusion