You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Jibbah24

Teaching in Aus with UK qualifications...

Evening all...

I was hoping someone out there may be able to clairy things a little with regards to teaching in Aus with UK qualifications.

My wife is an experienced primary school teacher. She has a 4 year B.Ed and over 10 years teaching experience. We are just looking at the possibility of getting some local, supply or short term contract work but weren't sure about whether she would need to have complete any courses. She seems to think that she would and that they are very expensive.

Will do some research this week but thought I'd throw it out there and see if anyone could shed some light.

We're in Melbourne if it makes any difference.

Cheers

Sencer

Spencer (40 Aus), Lisa (36 Permanent Visa 100), Alexandra (11 Aus by Descent) & William (7 Aus by Descent)

Need to register with VIT. they check her practise had enough days to satisfy Vic requirements.

I think it is 45 days? So long ago for me I can't remember. They will want statements of results and practise direct from the uni she went to.

Other than that, she has 4 years at uni, so may be ok.

Just as dmjg said VIT registration is hard work you need all original university transcriptions and certificates and references from all positions held, good luck

Qualifications needs to be verified with AITSL first which can take about 4 months to come back.

That's not correct my husband got VIT registration while we were still in the Uk and has been teaching in Victoria for 18months without AITSL registration

Qualifications needs to be verified with AITSL first which can take about 4 months to come back.

If a visa is already in place ( which it sounds like it is), then this does not need to happen...

The OP's wife will need her qualifications assessed though and then register with the Teaching Registration Board.