Where to start?

sachinsamuel

Hi experts,

I am from india, and this is my first post in this forum. Heard a lot about this forum from my friends.

I want t migrate to Australia, but have no clue from where I can start. I am a Database administrator and working in india for last 12 + years. I wanted to know how can I start the migration process.

Also wanted to know if it is easy to get job from india once PR is done? Or I will have to travel to hunt for job?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Sachin

The first thing you need to do that won't cost money is get you job reference letters from previous employment. You should do this as soon as you can if you haven't got all of them. They will need the dates of your employment, start and finish. Some of mine only had the month and not the exact date. And the tasks you did or description of duties etc.

The second thing you need to do is prepare for an IELTS test if you haven't got one. I assume you have Indian citizenship so you have to do an IELTS test. Plus if you get a good mark you get bonus points. I did the test even though I didn't need to because of my passport. i did it to get extra points. And you'll need to prepare for the test. If I didn't I'd have failed it even though it's my first language because you need to learn the structure of the test and how they ask questions etc.

Also you have to get your qualification recognised by the relevant professional body in australia. This will cost money, you'll need your work references for this, you'll also need to get certified copies of your qualification. If it is not in English you'll need to have a certified copy translated. I know of people who had to get theirs translated from Latin here, not everything is in Englsih.

Once you have these things done you can do your Expression of interest (EOI) which is free.

This will get the ball rolling.

Hi experts,

I am from india, and this is my first post in this forum. Heard a lot about this forum from my friends.

I want t migrate to Australia, but have no clue from where I can start. I am a Database administrator and working in india for last 12 + years. I wanted to know how can I start the migration process.

Also wanted to know if it is easy to get job from india once PR is done? Or I will have to travel to hunt for job?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Sachin

You can start the process by going to www.immi.gov.au and looking for your occupation on the SOL or CSOL. If it is not there, you will not qualify for skilled migration.

If it is there, then you should take a points test and look into what is required to pass the skills assessment in your chosen occupation. You need to do the skills assessment and IELTS before you can lodge your EOI with the immigration department. Suggest you do those steps first and let us know how you get on.

It is unlikely you are going to find a job from India even if you have PR, you will need to be on the ground in Australia.

Thanks Bundaberg and Rupert. I will prepare for IELTS and see how things move from there.

Thanks again.

- sachin

Don't do anything until you have seen if your job is on the sol or csol. And then see if you can pass the skills assessment IF your job is there. Ielts will be a total waste of money if you are not eligible for a visa.