Australian Capital Investment

Guest mr_nastey

Guest mr_nastey

Hello,

This is my first post but I have been reading this forum for a few years now.

I have recently made a huge 'faux Pas' with my General Skilled Independent application. I started compiling my application in 2003 and therefore all of my paperwork was from 2003. I eventually made my application in Dec. 2005 with 115 points, while being blissfully unaware of the fact that the points requirement went up in 2004 to 120 points. Doh!! :oops:

I have only just found this out when receiving a case officer at the end of July who immediately pointed out that I didn't meet the points requirement.

So, my only option now is to invest AU$100000. But, it will take me some time to raise that sort of cash.

My questions for this forum are:

Has anyone else been as stupid as me and found themselves in this situation (and what did you do).

At what stage during the application do I have to part with the cash?

Many thanks

Steve.

Hiya

Not sure if this would work but would it not work out cheaper to scrap your entire application and try again via an agent who may be able to 'find' you the extra points .I know this would mean another wait and another dimia fee ,i think i would contact an agent for advice .we used VISA BUREAU and they have been excellent from day 1,

Cal x

Guest mr_nastey

Thanks Cal,

I thought it was only possible to apply once?

Are you sure you can apply more than once?

Regards

Steve.

Archived