Police Clearance Certificate from India

ranjith47

I am concerned as to my Indian Police Clearance Certificate. I am currently under the process of getting all my documents readied for a smooth processing of my 189 visa application.

I have been lucky and swift to have been able to upload all the required documents necessary up until now, except for my Indian Police Clearance Certificate.

I have been living in two other countries , including Australia and I have managed to get PCC's for these two countries without much delays and hassles.

For India, I just applied for a PCC 2 days ago. I have been reading forums and I understand that I could be in for a slow processing. There have been lots of improvements in the way our Government agencies work and I hope that it works in getting my PCC as early as possible.

I'd like to know if anyone else on this forum had to get an Indian PCC and whether their experience was smooth or rough!

Hoping for the best.

Ranjith.:policeman:

So apparently there's no one who actually had to get an INDIAN POLICE CLEARANCE? Im still hoping to get some guidance here please.

Thanks friends.

I got Indian PCC from Indian High Commission. It took one month for my case.I consider myself lucky in this case.High Commission people told me it might take 1 year or more to get clearance from the place i stayed in india. but in the website, 120 days is mentioned for getting PCC. Best of luck.

It will not take that long.As per website it said 5 working days.If you include another week for post transit than maximum two week. There are few occasion when it wil be delay.

-If you are getting PCC first time from embassy in Australia.

-If you address is different than passport.

-If your application incomplete(Includes-missing information,photo not right size...one of my friend was delayed bcz she paid extra$ in bank cheque...even did not let her know. But she find out when she called.)

If your application will be sent to India for further processing than you will be notified by SMS (if u paid for that service).

I hope all of this helpfull.

Hey Thanks Sarah and Rajmunbd ,, Thank you and it is relatively easy to get these certificates from an Indian High Commission overseas but currently I am in India and you might just know how things work here. Its gotten a little better over the years now but I still have to push the Police here to process my Verification. Out here, getting things done needs a bit of running around offices.. I was hoping for someone with a similar experience of getting a PCC in mother India.

I did apply for a PCC in Melbourne in 2011 and I got in a weeks time. So Yeah, Atleast our government is more efficient overseas and it should always be the other way around. Anywayy.....

Thanks guys.

Guest fhcpasw44

I am facing a problem. My address on passport and the current address is different. So what can i do know to pass in the application...

Hi ranjith...are you currently holding an Indian passport where your current address is same as that in the passport, then it will not be too difficult to get a PCC from India. My husband got his PCC stamped on the passport from the Regional Passport Office the very same day. Everything is online and mentioned on the Regional Passport Office website.

For us it was just a day's affair.

Hope this helps.

Hey there maimenon, I do have the Current Address as the same address in the passport. But I believe I am going through a Police Verification as my Passport was issued in Melbourne . If it was issued at the same place that I am now trying to get my PCC done, which in my case is the Coimbatore Passport Seva Kendra, then I will have to undergo a Police Verification because of the different place of issue in the passport. They really are stupid rules and this Police Verification system is pretty outdated. But I have to do what I have to do. I have to still keep pushing these officials to do the job that they are being paid to do.

Life is hard in India for sure.!

So apparently there's no one who actually had to get an INDIAN POLICE CLEARANCE? Im still hoping to get some guidance here please.

Thanks friends.

On 3rd June 2013, I submitted three application along with my husband and cousin, but between among us no one get pcc India. It's almost 3 weeks.

On 3rd June 2013, I submitted three application along with my husband and cousin, but between among us no one get pcc India. It's almost 3 weeks.

Navid885, I understand the waiting periods. Getting an Indian PCC within India is a hard process. It is made hard due to the lack of speed at which the officials work at.

The new PSK services are good. All done Online and so timelines are fast. However, If you have your PCC sent for Police Verification, Please keep following up with your Application progress.

You would have to go to your Local police station and ask them to process your Verification faster as it is an urgent requirement for you. You might have to aslo do the Infamous Bribe giving to the concerned officer to get things done fast. This is Reality. This is India.

Navid885, I understand the waiting periods. Getting an Indian PCC within India is a hard process. It is made hard due to the lack of speed at which the officials work at.

The new PSK services are good. All done Online and so timelines are fast. However, If you have your PCC sent for Police Verification, Please keep following up with your Application progress.

You would have to go to your Local police station and ask them to process your Verification faster as it is an urgent requirement for you. You might have to aslo do the Infamous Bribe giving to the concerned officer to get things done fast. This is Reality. This is India.

Thanks, but I applied from melbourne Australia.

oh okay cuz in that case i cannot comment as I havent taken up their services recently . I did however apply for a PCC in 2011 and they gave it to me in a week.

Things could have changed now but again, keep following up your case as I have heard the VFS hold up PCC Processing due to stupid reasons. . .

If your present address is different from your current passport you can still apply for PCC from Regional Passport Seva Kendra. In this case you will need to upload the PCC form online on the Seva Kendra website and take appointment. Visit the Seva Kendra with your Passport and self attested copy of the first and last page of your passport and current address proof....

For further details visit the link passportindia.gov.in