LouDYorkie

Insurance for personal effects we take with us instead of on the container?

Hi,

I'm really new to this (first post) and wondered if someone can point me in the right direction?

My husband and I are planning to move to Brisbane at the end of August and most of our personal effects will go to Australia on a container. I know we can get insurance for this.

But, some of our personal effects (including jewellery) will be travelling with us (I thought it would be safer). But how do I get insurance for this? Normal holiday insurance does not seem to cover the value, nor is it a holiday so I assume they would find it a reason not to pay out if anything were to happen.

Has anyone had to do this/found any policy that will work for us?

Thanks!

LD

Guest Guest62720

Try contacting Blue Insurance - 0844 871 0250
www.blueinsurance.co.uk

This is not a recommendation but a suggestion as we are aware they offer one way travel insurance. Carefully check the T&C's but cover can include the following as standard:

Missed departure

Cancellation and curtailment

Delay

Personal Accident

Baggage

Money

Premiums starts from as little as £ 13.21 per person and there are specific family rates as well. Depending upon the length of your journey cover can also include 'stopover' holidays.

Hope this helps

IYM

We used Go Walkabout's 21 day emigration policy which would cover your worries about it not being a holiday. Not sure about the values covered though.