Jump to content

Insurance for personal effects we take with us instead of on the container?

Recommended Posts


I'm really new to this (first post) and wondered if someone can point me in the right direction?


My husband and I are planning to move to Brisbane at the end of August and most of our personal effects will go to Australia on a container. I know we can get insurance for this.


But, some of our personal effects (including jewellery) will be travelling with us (I thought it would be safer). But how do I get insurance for this? Normal holiday insurance does not seem to cover the value, nor is it a holiday so I assume they would find it a reason not to pay out if anything were to happen.


Has anyone had to do this/found any policy that will work for us?





Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest62720


Try contacting Blue Insurance - 0844 871 0250


This is not a recommendation but a suggestion as we are aware they offer one way travel insurance. Carefully check the T&C's but cover can include the following as standard:


Missed departure

Cancellation and curtailment


Personal Accident



Premiums starts from as little as £ 13.21 per person and there are specific family rates as well. Depending upon the length of your journey cover can also include 'stopover' holidays.


Hope this helps




Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

We used Go Walkabout's 21 day emigration policy which would cover your worries about it not being a holiday. Not sure about the values covered though.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now