190 Visa - Just started VetAssess application. Head about to explode!

Hi Everyone,

Im new , please be nice! Im just starting the process. Ive filled out my VetAssess form and now compiling all my documents to send by carrier pigeon to Melbourne...My head is completely fried. Ive decided against using a migration expert and im going it alone. I may or may not regret that! Just testing the water and seeing who else is going through it and maybe can support each other through the blood sweat and tears...

So far today ive spent around £500 on the application and my kettle has just packed in... reaching for the wine while I spruce up my CV..

:confused::wacko::arghh:

Would be great to hear from anyone....anyone at all.....:cool:

Sarah

Hi sarah

ive also done it myself I nearly lost it too ha ha!! Managed to get all my docs certified my my pharmacist (weird) and posted it last Friday! I'm applying for HR Advisor. What have you applied for? I'm praying I get positive result!!

Kerry

Ive just typed out a massive reply and lost it...crap.

Im applying under 'welfare worker' 3 sponsoring at the moment but that might change . I want QLD but I think Ill end up in WA as they have a lot of vacancies for my profession.

Ive also just sent off my IELTS application...another stress!! Im going to aim for a band 8 so i have points to play with.

As for the vetassess. Well. Im not a smoker but Im starting to think it may be a good idea. I quit 3 years ago and nothing has made me want a cigarette more!!

Im flapping under all sorts of paper ,my GP is certifying my 4 million sheets of paper . copies of certs, passport,passport photos you name it. Then of course im keeping copies for myself too. Just in case.

Im waiting on previous employers to send me statements...I hate waiting on other people. I would be done by now if they pulled their finger out!!

All things being equal..I aim to post my finished documents by next friday. Or i will be smoking by saturday!!

What state are you aiming for?

sarah

Hi

i know what you mean I seriously nearly lost it with papers all over the place! It was a relief to post it to oz (checked they recd it all yesterday) I suspect though they will ask for a missing reference from 10 years ago I gave up waiting for old employer to respond guess I can always send if needed?! I'm really nervous as I haven't got a bachelors degree I did a 3 course in HR which is comparable to post grad degree, fingers crossed!

So you're applied to ielts already I'm thinking if I don't get positive result from vetasses then I've wasted money but thinking now I should do it now?? I'll prob need 7 across the board! My brother emigrated last year he said tests were tough! Though how hard can it be???

We want Melbourne but think we will head to wa because of SS and my family live there too. Melbourne is our ultimate goal though.

My family are more impatient than me and just want us there now! We went to WA this may it was lovely beaches are fab but it's very expensive!

Keep me posted on your application not sure how long to wait I've heard 6-8 weeks at mo??

Hey,

If your family are there can you not get them to sponsor you? Melbourne is great. Its not my first choice but I wouldne knock it! I have some great friends there too. Im purely doing my Ielts for points purposes . If I get a level 8 or 9 its 20 ponts , what with the 30 for my age bracket Im practically there! for the sake of 130 quid I though I may aswel. Id ratehr have it booked and ready to go than have to sort it out in a last minute panic for points! I have a Diploma which although should be fine, If they decide its not eligible for pointing for whatever stupid reason then I have Ielts...

That said, I will probably fail the damn thing and it will be a waste! hopefully not though!

As for waiting times..ive heard anywhere between 4 and 16 weeks...I think I will have grown a beard and be completely grey after that sort of a wait! I aim to post everything off by next friday latest. If I havnt got all the papers I will post them as I get them.

Ill let you know when the papers have gone off! I should be roughly two weeks behind you!

Hi I sent my VETASSESS docs in April. I'm now in week 9 of waiting and was told by them at least 12 weeks so nearly there. I did IELTS in Feb and got 8 and above in all four. Wasn't too hard but I did loads of practice tests in the weeks before test.

Heading for WA ss next June so have plenty of time to finish the process. I try not to check VETASSESS every day lol. Just get your papers to them and wait. Good luck

HHi I think I'll apply to do my ielts now too saves waiting around when vet assess come back to me! I only need 7 but will aim higher so I have enough points in case something goes adrift with my skills etc.

Did you say you're off to wa? do you have friends there? My brother lives there but don't think he can sponsor me because my parents still live in the UK. I think you have to be last living relative??

We are aiming for next summer though my BF wants to go ASAP but my sensible head is saying lets save save save in case we don't find work immediately! Bit scary giving up your job eh?!

Hey Mxmanus you must be nervous now 9 weeks in not much longer to wait eh.. Good luck keep us posted!

Hi mxmanus! welcome to my little thread! youre 9 weeks in so the wait is nearly over!!

Kezzles, I think its a good idea to do the IELTS. I ordered a book from ebay so I can practice. It was 12 quid and trains to level 8 standard. Got my papers certified today..the receptionist in the surgery looked confused and couldnt understand why I wanted certificates certified. :mad:

Anywho, im going to start reading my Ielts book after my vetassess has been sent off. I got confirmation today my test is on the 27th July !!

I also told a big fat porkie pie to my boss and said I needed a statement of emplyment for an open university course!! ooops!

Ive never been to WA actually but I have distant family there who will put me up when I first arrive. I have been everywhere in Australia except Darwin and Perth. I dont care where I end up as long as Im there!!!

If youre interested ill post a link to the book I ordered from ebay. :cool:

• 1 month later...

Hi guys. I finally got my VETASSESS back on Monday. 12weeks wait and I have my positive result. Woo Hoo. Unfortunately on July 1st CSOL changes my job has been made not available for ss WA. So now I'm heading for SA. EOI has been submitted as is SA sponsorship. So now the next stage of waiting lol.

Hi guys. I finally got my VETASSESS back on Monday. 12weeks wait and I have my positive result. Woo Hoo. Unfortunately on July 1st CSOL changes my job has been made not available for ss WA. So now I'm heading for SA. EOI has been submitted as is SA sponsorship. So now the next stage of waiting lol.

Hey well done on positive result!! Bummer about WA but if SA is your way in then who cares you can always move at some point!

Ive got ielts next week but I've run out of practice tests esp reading ones, just hope I pass first time.

Keep in touch!

Wahoo!! Well done! The wait is killing me! ... Kezzels where are you taking your test? I'm heading to Eastbourne for mine on Saturday. I haven't studied half as much as I should . I'm going to cram this week tho and do a test everyday !

Wahoo!! Well done! The wait is killing me! ... Kezzels where are you taking your test? I'm heading to Eastbourne for mine on Saturday. I haven't studied half as much as I should . I'm going to cram this week tho and do a test everyday !

Hi I'm doing my test in Wimbledon! I'm going to practice today have done some reading ones which are hit and miss but easy to get caught out on! Had a dream last night I couldn't read writing question as it was too dark then my own ink was green then I only had 10 mins to finish when I hadn't even started! Anxiety or what ha ha!!! Be glad when this bit is over!!