Arriving in Brisbane in July and will need everything!

Dianne_W

I would recommend Super A Mart for starter packages etc - the quality is pretty good. Also, they often have really good sales on, go first thing on a Saturday morning and it is a good time to pick up bargains.

Garage sales are another good place to look. We picked up loads of bits and pieces, if I recall, they are advertised on the Courier Mail website. But you can also find them listed in the paper. Most of them give an indication of the kinds of stuff they are selling.

I hope someone contacts you Dianne. I made a similar post on PIO in jan before we arrived in feb and I was lucky to get a reply and buy a hours load of stuff from a family returning to the Uk. It worked well for both parties. Gumtree is excellent and some people advertise that they are selling the whole contents - could be a good opportunity to buy it all at once and save 'shopping mall overload'. In terms of when you get here - I think Kmart is the cheapest for crockery, linens etc...

hope all goes well!

I have just advertised a 2006 ford Fairmont bf forsale. Quite a big car(sedan) It is on carsales.com, not sure if im allowed to post a link though.

Just been serviced in may. Has all the features of the Fairmont range. Reversing sensor, 6 stack cd stereo , cruise control, climate control been well looked after. Fits 5 people comfortable, has big boot for carrying items. It is a very comfortable car. In 2006 when made it cost $43 000. Has 179500km on the Clock.

Is mechanically great car. Comes with service history and has registration till September. I chasing $8000 for it, Which is cheap enough as I just want a quick sale as have just purchased a new 4wd.

Only fault is passengers side electric window button is faulty,goes down but not up. It works fine from the centre control though both up and down and drivers side controls. Just minor .

forgot to say.im in brisbane, 20 mins south of the airport.

Edited by Ausborn

Thanks all it's going to be one big adventure (and headache) trying to find a house and furnish it quickly and on the car front it depends how much i get for mine here in the UK when i stick it on Ebay next week :o on quite a tight budget as we didn't manage to sell the house :( Hope we manage to find beds quickly though cos there is no way I am sleeping on the floor!

Guest The Pom Queen
Thanks all it's going to be one big adventure (and headache) trying to find a house and furnish it quickly and on the car front it depends how much i get for mine here in the UK when i stick it on Ebay next week :o on quite a tight budget as we didn't manage to sell the house :( Hope we manage to find beds quickly though cos there is no way I am sleeping on the floor!

A lot of people buy the blow up camp beds, that way you can keep them once you can afford some good ones also a few will buy an outdoor table and chairs as it will double up as a dining table until you have more funds or furniture delivered.

A blow up camp bed is a bit too close to the floor for me seeing as I've convinced myself that the whole population of Brisbane's scariest creatures will be waiting to crawl all over me as soon as I turn off the light :shocked:

Nah, you'll be fine in winter. Summer, in Brissy on the other hand... :wink:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dianne W, We are located on the Gold Coast (Pacific Pines). We are selling a queen size bed (including mattress) plus the matching bedside drawers and chest of drawers, a 3 & 2 Seater Black Leather Sofa and a Fabric Lounge/Modular. If you are interested you are more than welcome to come and take a look, however could be a problem if you haven't got transport. PM me for more info.

Regards.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dianne

I'm selling a brand new white leather modular suite for 1750 dollars, it's a Freedom Furniture Signature modular suite which sells in store for 2,299. It's still on order just now and due to arrive at the end of July - will still be in packaging. Send me a message if you are interested and I'll give you more info.

Guest Ptp113
I have just advertised a 2006 ford Fairmont bf forsale. Quite a big car(sedan) It is on carsales.com, not sure if im allowed to post a link though.

Just been serviced in may. Has all the features of the Fairmont range. Reversing sensor, 6 stack cd stereo , cruise control, climate control been well looked after. Fits 5 people comfortable, has big boot for carrying items. It is a very comfortable car. In 2006 when made it cost $43 000. Has 179500km on the Clock.

Is mechanically great car. Comes with service history and has registration till September. I chasing $8000 for it, Which is cheap enough as I just want a quick sale as have just purchased a new 4wd.

Only fault is passengers side electric window button is faulty,goes down but not up. It works fine from the centre control though both up and down and drivers side controls. Just minor .

forgot to say.im in brisbane, 20 mins south of the airport.

Good car that imho.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dianne,

Welcome to OZ. We are looking to sell up and move back to UK (hopefully this side of Xmas but need to sell our house first). We are doing up our house at the moment and are reducing our stuff considerably. We are only going to ship our personal items back with and selling everything else. We haven't actually sold our house yet so can't sell our cars or white goods just yet but do have camping gear, inflatable beds, bits and pieces/some kitchen ware/furniture etc. We live on the South side of Brisbane so if you want to come and see what we have get in touch. Haven't read this whole thread so not sure if you have children, we have 2 girls 10 and 17 so even have games, toys to get rid of. :) Good luck with your move and wish you all the best of luck. Did I mention we were selling? You don't want to buy a house by any chance do you?? ;)

Hi Ralsinoz, we are moving to Brisbane ( Pimpama) in September and are going to be staying with my sister for about a month until we find are own property to rent and we are only shipping to OZ our personnel items, so I would be intersted to see how far you are from Pimpama.

Thanks Kelly

Hi Ralsinoz, we are moving to Brisbane ( Pimpama) in September and are going to be staying with my sister for about a month until we find are own property to rent and we are only shipping to OZ our personnel items, so I would be intersted to see how far you are from Pimpama.

Thanks Kelly

Hi Kelly. We live about 45 mins in land from Pimpama. Greenbank south of Brisbane. We may have our on house on the market ( maybe even sold) by then ( wishful thinking :)) so will be getting rid of even more stuff. Keep in touch nearer the time and we will let you know what we have. Best of luck with your move down under :) Angela