skilled migration help

swifty99

hello agian can anybody tell me in simple terms how this all works i.e. what order and where to get things from. do i fill out the visa application then the skills forn then medical and polie checks and then am in. can anybody tell me the total process in simply terms thanks

Swifty - before you do anything you need to have your skills assessed for whichever trade you work in. They all have different requirements for the length of time you have to have worked etc.

Once positively assessed you get a code that you put onto your application. which is your next step

Police checks and medicals are next. You can front load your medicals and send them off with your application but there's a chance they can get lost. Secondly, once your visa is granted it is granted from the date of the police check or medical (whichever is dated earliest), so if you front load everything there's a chance that you only then get a couple of months to get into Australia to validate your visa e.g. my visa was granted in July, but I have until May 18th to enter Aus as this was the date of my medical.

Hope this helps

Ali

Guest Neil Meadowcroft

Hi,

1st stage would be to get your skills assessed by the relevant authority

2nd stage subject to acceptance of your skills assessment, would be to complete the relevant visa from and send to DIMIA

3rd stage wait until a case officer has been allocated then have your medical & police check completed

Some people choose to have their meds & police check done before this has been requested, it appears that the main resons for this is to speed the process up. However i'd wait until this has been asked for as postings on here appear to show that this is not always the case.

Above all this is not a quick process and can take anything upto 12 months to be completed depending on what visa you are going for.Get yourself ready for many sleepless nights....

Good luck!!

Guest bshootz

:) Hi swifty,you need to get your skilled assessment through first then you can apply for your visa, you will need almost the same info for your visa as your skilled assessment,both are nearly the same. Hope this helps and good luck .Becky x

Guest Phil Olsen

Hi Swifty

What qualifications do you have. TRA is a trades assessor. Engineers may be assessed by Engineers Australia.

Are you looking for a job down here - I have contacts in the rail industry and they are looking for people

Best wishes

Phil

hello there yea am looking for a job out there, i have a number of qualifications including a HNC in engineering. have worked on both trains and locomotives. could send a cv if you wanted one to look over. thank you for your reply

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Phil Olsen

Hi Swifty

Sorry for the delay in replying.

One of my clients is a national rail company and they are looking for people. I would be delighted to pass on your details - they are looking for Engineers. If you have mates in the industry, they would be very interested indeed.

my email address is philipo@imaus.com.au if you would like to send me your cv.

It sounds to me as if your skills assessment should be through Engineers Australia not TRA.

Look forward to receiving your email.

Best wishes

Phil

Archived