Post Office Document Certification Service

stevehtid

I'm just in the final stages of preparing my 309/100 visa application for submission to the London office.

For this I need certified copies of certain documents - does anybody know if the Post Office Document Certification service is suitable. I can't see it listed on the Australia House website but wondered if this was out of date?

Basically you take your genuine document and a photocopy to certain post offices and they will then stamp and certify it as a true likeness of the original.

Service info: http://www.postoffice.co.uk/document-certification-service?intcampaignid=MNidentitydoccert

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Hi Steve,

As Kevin has noted above, I don't think Aus House accept Post Office certification. Instead most people in the UK go to a solicitors to get the docs certified. That's what we did. We just walked in (some may need an appointment) and paid £15 to get the lot certified. Job done!

​Good luck

Thanks for the help! I called the helpline and they confirmed that Post Office isn't acceptable. I have been to a Solicitor and paid £5 per document so it's not too bad.

The weird thing is I'd also emailed DIAC a few days ago and they've just responded that UK applications don't need to certify their docs... I have still had them certified though, just to be on the safe side. Don't want anything to delay my application!